Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

33 Million Listens In 6 Days...

That's a whole lot of people.  And AMAZING!  Can they keep track of how many times one person listens to it?  Because other than a few hours, it's been on repeat for me since last Tuesday.

Me too Mich40, think we will be making a good dent in those figures all by ourselves ;)

I wonder how much play time the back catalogue is getting too, just had a look at the worldwide ITunes charts, there were 16 albums in the top 100 the other day, now there is only 3. The Singles 18 at number 70, AB at 76 and UABRS at 88. Suppose the hype was going to die off, hope we picked up some new blood on the way though :)

UPDATE - I could be wrong, it may just be UK chart, not worldwide, oh I'm to tired for proper figure hunting *yawns*

Edited by Rhi_K

it is a O.K album nothing out from this world... U2 cannot make a Masterpiece again.. these guys need to get out from that Cloud and find a new one,, After "POP" u2 is over for me. I guess I could make them shine Again, I have exactly what U2 needs,, I have made 1400 new songs in 4  years, but by listing to james, the old good u2, dm, inxs, blues, etc. anyway... I guess that happens when you make that kind of money from 360 tour, and live in the USA, nothing agaist that, but you become some one else, not your self.

George Zambra.

I wonder how much play time the back catalogue is getting too, just had a look at the worldwide ITunes charts, there were 16 albums in the top 100 the other day, now there is only 3. The Singles 18 at number 70, AB at 76 and UABRS at 88. Suppose the hype was going to die off, hope we picked up some new blood on the way though :)

UPDATE - I could be wrong, it may just be UK chart, not worldwide, oh I'm to tired for proper figure hunting *yawns*

I know the back catalogue isn't getting too much playtime from me right now.  Too busy listening to the new. :P

Is anyone else struggling to get into this album? Particularly if you are a long time U2 fan? I can't put my finger on why it is the case, but normally after 3 or 4 listens to a new U2 album I can't get catchy lines and melodies out of my head. Not so with this album. Really struggling. :(  

For me it takes at least 10-20 plays until I can start to make any firm opinions on a new album....i'm starting to get to that stage now, and verdict is very good, but it will take longer before I decide if very good becomes great.- And the real proof is if I am playing it in another 10,20, 25 years and enjoying just as much.

There are very few artists whose music endures

This one was immediate for me, a few stand out songs then others grew on me. I wanted something upbeat and brighter this time round and this hits the mark for me.

And loving Bono's vocals, singing my heart out especially on EBW :)

This one was immediate for me, a few stand out songs then others grew on me. I wanted something upbeat and brighter this time round and this hits the mark for me.

Me too!  Can't wait to see along with EBW in concert.  Hopefully they will play it. :rolleyes:

This one didn't grab me at first listen like Atomic Bomb did, but has faster than NLOTH did.  I think the way them did it sent me into mental shock for a bit!

:lol: LMAO brilliant..."with U2 it's freeee"

That's a welcome sense of humour amid the daft complaints!!

Thank you for posting it, made me giggle!

Love it, given it a share on fb too, some people really do need to lighten up about the whole thing

Me too! Can't wait to see along with EBW in concert. Hopefully they will play it. :rolleyes:

This one didn't grab me at first listen like Atomic Bomb did, but has faster than NLOTH did. I think the way them did it sent me into mental shock for a bit!

I loved it immediately too. However, I almost always need a bit of time to connect with the music. I am finding the more I listen to.this the more I enjoy and connect with it. I have it in my favorites play list and its in heavy rotation.

That's a whole lot of people.  And AMAZING!  Can they keep track of how many times one person listens to it?  Because other than a few hours, it's been on repeat for me since last Tuesday.

Even with the surveillance state we live in nowadays I'm pretty sure they can't keep track of the number of times I've played the CD I burnt on my travels to & from work in the last week. I'm well into double figures by now.

Do you work for Sharon Osbourne?

Apple didn't "force" anyone to listen, They hit "play". I'd be more annoyed if someone installed iTunes on my PC without my permission.

I submit your heartache as a 1st world problem...

Edited by Sigma957

bono just updated us -  38 million have listened in 7 days - https://soundcloud.com/u2community/bono-on-kroq-radio-18th-sept-2014

around 3 minutes in. 

You forgot to mention, how many people wants to get rid of this f...g music. Apple forced most of all these people to hear this shit!

Thank you for your comments, we are all delighted that U2 has done exactly what they set out to do, get people talking about them, you are the proof and you have gone to the effort of registering here to ensure we knew of their success. Again my thanks on behalf of us all, you will now forever be a part of keeping their music alive and in the minds of this generation :)

Yeees!! Well said! It is so a first world problem!!

Who's forcing anyone anyway!! And I always find it amusing that they take the time to come in here to just slag off U2, if you hate them so much why bother using your precious time coming into their fan site - there's a lot of music I don't like but I can't be arsed to go about blithering on about it to other people. What's it matter to the rest of us what you think.