Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono confirms plans for U2's 2015 tour

Well, he also said (get your salt grains ready) that there will be a Songs of Ascent - no time frame given, but can you imagine touring on three albums?

Songs of Ascent?! No way can I see three albums :o Maybe it would be an EP

I find it curiously amusing that the next album is meant to be called Songs of Experience, because there's a Joshua Tree demo (on the deluxe version) that has the title 'Beautiful Ghost (Introduction to Songs of Experience)'.

UK I'd say probably....

O2 Arena London

Manchester Arena

Hydro, Glasgow

Long overdue in Belfast. ;)

I saw that but this is the usual arrangement. Wait til end of sports season to check stadium availability. Good news if true about potential ticket sales dates

How do U2.com Members get notified about pre-sales?  If there's no GA in some venues those tickets are going to be in big demand.  I'm afraid of being left out.

We get notified by our registered e mail address

So check yours is up to date and keep checking this site

Is it just me but.........

If I was U2 this would now be the time to sell tickets.

They are doing a massive job of promoting the album and getting interview and radio plays.

Almost everyone got the album whether they wanted it or not

Actual album sales are really good

In other words they are popular

Christmas around the corner, holiday season, feel good factor..........

Announce tour

That would be my business plan

If, and that's a very big IF, I'm right regarding the soon to be announced tour, we should soon be making plans for potential ticket swaps.

The window between the tour being announced and the sale of tickets is usualy quite short

I have seen some posts on here regarding people looking for tickets to more than one venue.

I had made a post regarding a Ticket Swap Shop earlier but it was way too early and we put a padlock on it

With the likelihood that those in Europe will only be able to buy 4 tickets to 1 venue that would, in my situation, require me to find 3 other with which to swap tickets.

Whether or not, with the Mods approval, we set up a network of Swap Buddies, in anticipation of a tour.

This will help prevent an overload of the site when the tour is annonced and ensure in advance that we are sorted

I was lucky last tour to set up swaps for Dublin, Paris and Barcelona with my home gig of Glasgow.

Lots of gigs in one city, varied setlists/stage designs...the possibility of hearing Acrobat played live...Larry stop being a tease!

If, and that's a very big IF, I'm right regarding the soon to be announced tour, we should soon be making plans for potential ticket swaps.

The window between the tour being announced and the sale of tickets is usualy quite short

I have seen some posts on here regarding people looking for tickets to more than one venue.

I had made a post regarding a Ticket Swap Shop earlier but it was way too early and we put a padlock on it

With the likelihood that those in Europe will only be able to buy 4 tickets to 1 venue that would, in my situation, require me to find 3 other with which to swap tickets.

Whether or not, with the Mods approval, we set up a network of Swap Buddies, in anticipation of a tour.

This will help prevent an overload of the site when the tour is annonced and ensure in advance that we are sorted

I was lucky last tour to set up swaps for Dublin, Paris and Barcelona with my home gig of Glasgow.

Could somebody explain to me how all this, works, is there a reason everyone doesn't just buy tickets for all the gigs they want to go to? 

I've never bought tickets on pre-sale, so this is all new to me, is there an issue with the amount of time we have or something?

Their doing a massive job over there, but, with the exception of the Miami stop it has been been pretty quiet for North America- *if* some if the rumors are correct and they will play early summer in the States/Canada then I think they may want to promote a bit more here. JMHO. That all being said I do think we are going to hear something by Dec.

Hi Rhi-K

My quote button does not work so here goes

1. Subscribers are issued with a code which they enter when the pre sale booking occurs

This allows us to buy ?4 tickets to the concert of our choice

In the USA subscribers could use their 4 ticket allowance to pick 4 different venues which to me was a fantastic deal

In the UK we were only allowed to use our allowance to 1 concert so you would have to buy say 4 tickets for Wembley

Like most on here we like seeing U2 so we arranged to swap our 3 surplus tickets (or those not given to our friends) to concerts in other cities

2. On the Zoo we set up a ticket Swap Shop.

People were entrusted to act as handlers

2 people agreed to swap tickets and sent their swaps to the handler who, when in possession of both tickets, would then send them on to the respective swappers.

This prevented a degree of concern that the other party would not honour the deal.

3. When the tickets go on general sale the websites usually crash and for each venue you want tickets for you have to buy each venue individualy.

o I definitely want to participate in the Swap Shop if I only can buy tickets for one venue :)

To be honest, all the madness that ensues in trying to get tickets for big gigs is why I'll probably stick to just one gig in one venue personally - unless they are following through on the acoustic/electric thing.

Hi Rhi-K

My quote button does not work so here goes

1. Subscribers are issued with a code which they enter when the pre sale booking occurs

This allows us to buy ?4 tickets to the concert of our choice

In the USA subscribers could use their 4 ticket allowance to pick 4 different venues which to me was a fantastic deal

In the UK we were only allowed to use our allowance to 1 concert so you would have to buy say 4 tickets for Wembley

Like most on here we like seeing U2 so we arranged to swap our 3 surplus tickets (or those not given to our friends) to concerts in other cities

2. On the Zoo we set up a ticket Swap Shop.

People were entrusted to act as handlers

2 people agreed to swap tickets and sent their swaps to the handler who, when in possession of both tickets, would then send them on to the respective swappers.

This prevented a degree of concern that the other party would not honour the deal.

3. When the tickets go on general sale the websites usually crash and for each venue you want tickets for you have to buy each venue individualy.

Thanks Asterix, I'm feeling a little nervous about the whole thing now! There is going to be much more pre-purchase planning than I thought. I'm all in favour of swap buddies then, might take some anxiety out of it for me lol, I'd really like to get to see 2

I agree that the madness and the crazy scramble for tickets takes most of the pleasure out of getting tickets

Not knowing what format the tour will take is the unknown quantity

If we are only allowed to buy for one venue than having a pre-arranged system to swap tickets makes sense

Getting into an arrangement with 3 others say Dublin, Paris and London to buy tickets for their home venue then swapping the excess

Or if there is the electric/acoustic option then make plans with someone to swap

Having swap buddies arranged in advance is certainly the way to go

We will have to wait for

1. tour details being announced and

2. Bigwave perhaps organising something on here with regards to ticket go betweens

The system does work once the details are known

Tour.de is a great website for updates and their research and sources of information are usually sound

Sign in to follow this