Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

U2 Minus 1 - Live In New York Tonight

Reminds me of when Muse got Edge to join them at Glastonbury after Bono put his back out :) I wonder what song(s) they'll do with Bruce!

Do we have an ETA to when U2-1 (wouldn't that just be U1?) will be taking the stage? Show starts at 7:30, but presumably they won't be kicking off the festivities.

I'll be just getting off work around that time. Will a recording of this be available for those of us unable to tune in live?

newsletter just gone out : 

Dear subscriber,

Friends have stepped in to save U2's surprise World AIDS Day (RED) performance which was jeopardised by Bono's November 16 bike accident in Central Park. 

Kanye West and Carrie Underwood will perform at the event - tonight at 7.30pm - and Chris Martin and Bruce Springsteen will join U2 Minus 1, as the singer remains under doctors' orders to refrain from performing until fully recuperated from his injuries.

Adam, Edge and Larry will be joined by Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay's Chris Martin, each of whom will take a turn as frontman on the U2 songs.

Appearing at the personal invitation of U2, Springsteen and Martin have graciously donated their time and talents to save the World AIDS Day event from cancellation. 

"This year is a World AIDS Day like no other," said Bono, speaking from Dublin. "The world reached a tipping point in the fight against AIDS - more people were newly added to life-saving treatment than were newly infected with the virus. A lot of people are calling it the beginning of the end of AIDS.
"We wouldn't be at this point without American leadership, people from the left and the right. Today, 13 million people have access to life-saving treatment, up from 300,000 just over ten years ago. Americans don't know the role they've played in this fight. Tonight's event is to inform them and thank them."

A (RED) Thank you Presented by bank-red-logos-red4.jpgwill be broadcast live on YouTube, radio across the US including iHeart Radio which is becoming iHeart (RED) for World AIDS Day and as part of ESPN's Monday Night Countdown

The event starts at 7.30pm EST at Duffy Square in Times Square, on Broadway between 46th & 47th Streets. Attendees should enter at 50th Street and Broadway.

enjoy the show and best wishes 
The U2.com Team. 

I was curious to know if there is a running order of who is performing when. Show starts at 7:30, but will Carrie Underwood start the show...or Kanye...etc. I will have to miss part of it, but can rearrange my schedule for when U2-1 shows up.

Hear you. Not seeing anything additional to the news here other than how to enter the area so far.

Exciting! Chris Martin and Bruce stepping in for Bono!! Imagine the stress! No..they'll be fine, what are friends for. :P Hey Jimmy did it! Have fun NY people!