Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

U2 Minus 1 - Live In New York Tonight

Chris Martin will always stay a substitute. There's only one Bono.

Well done Chris Martin!! Loved With Or Without You, weird seeing Chris sing for Bono.. :P but fabulous! Awesome to step in for B-man!!

Chris Martin will always stay a substitute. There's only one Bono.

Like there's only one YOU and one Me. :D  ;)

Wonder what song Bruce will sing?

Ah, missed the interview :P

T-shirt was SUBSTITU2 - need a pic of that. Almost thought they'd play Substitute by the Who. Thought he did well -- appreciated the effort.

And the hat - a pic of the 40 cent hat!

Ahhhh, Bruce :D

Weird - "our love turns to rust" and the next couple lines started to feel like they were part of Born to Run :)

Oh, and liked Carrie Underwood.

Liking his voice on Still Haven't Found too.

Yeah, thought that one was good! I think Desire would have fit Bruce!

Damn - forget Band Aid 30, get me a U2 minus 1 plus Bruce "Streets / Still Haven't Found" double A-side charity single and I'll buy a 1000 times 40 cents worth ;)

Ah, missed the interview :P

T-shirt was SUBSTITU2 - need a pic of that. Almost thought they'd play Substitute by the Who. Thought he did well -- appreciated the effort.

And the hat - a pic of the 40 cent hat!

Ahhhh, Bruce :D

Just the title brought goose bumps.

While I'm extrodinarily glad for Bono and more so the fight against AIDS that the concert in Times Square for World Aids Day played as planned, I found it equally disturbing hearing and seeing someone else sing with Larry, Edge and Adam.

While I had the volume maxed it was to hear the Edge hit those chords and admittingly with a hunger and wishful heart that I'd maybe catch Bono finally chiming in.

No one can can step or sing in Bono's shoes~but thanks to Springsteen and Martin for keeping the (RED) campaign going tonight.

U2 and Bruce, my two favorites in the world.  Would've been perfect if Bono could have been there, but then Bruce wouldn't have been.  Chris Martin just doesn't have the power voice Bono does, but he did ok.

Thank you to Zootopia and U2, I got to go!!!!  This was my FIRST time seeing Larry, Adam and Edge!!!  I couldn't believe my naked eyes!  If only Bono was there   :(   I sincerely hope he is healing well and I pray for a good recovery for him.  

I caught the recording of it. Chris and Bruce had some massive shoes to fill and did a great job! Loved Chris's shirt. I enjoyed it but it was so weird seeing U2 up there with other singers!

Get well soon Bono! You are deeply missed! 

Downloading the Full HD .mp4. Why isn't Jimmy Fallon there? He needs to do 'Desire' again.

While there is only one Bono, I thought his two substitutes were awesome and it was great to see the band live - after Bono's accident, I was a little depresed that we wouldn't see them again for ages, and this cheered me up.  And Bruce with U2 is a dream come true!!  Loved Chris's shirt.. Well done everyone!!!