Sign in to follow this  
CraigFairlie

GA for Glasgow!

Well i'm sitting here, shaking with excitement. A Dream is about to come true, i've booked a hotel in Glasgow for the weekend. I'm planning on doing the first night but my hotel is booked for the Friday and Saturday night. Got it for £173.

I've been a premium subscriber since June 2014, do i have to have been a member for longer to gain access to the presale? Also, is there a price for general admission standing yet? The only prices i'm seeing on Ticketmaster are Red, VIP & Hot ticket packages!

Is anyone able to provide more information?

Hi Craig. i was going thro the u2.com Q&A about the tour. it seems that those who were subscribers prior to Songs Of Innocence being released, will get access to tix tomo (thursday 4th dec)

Im initially going to go for GA tix for the saturday night, and hope...nay....PRAY that i can pick up some tickets for the friday night. i dont think it will be easy

Well i'm sitting here, shaking with excitement. A Dream is about to come true, i've booked a hotel in Glasgow for the weekend. I'm planning on doing the first night but my hotel is booked for the Friday and Saturday night. Got it for £173.

I've been a premium subscriber since June 2014, do i have to have been a member for longer to gain access to the presale? Also, is there a price for general admission standing yet? The only prices i'm seeing on Ticketmaster are Red, VIP & Hot ticket packages!

Is anyone able to provide more information?

Well I am angry with who ever came up with this idea and the short notice esp 3wks before Christmas. 6 UK shows :(Tickets will be like gold dust. 

i'll be on the latter presale on friday but highly doubt i'll get GA tickets for Glasgow as i reckon they will all be snapped up on the presale tomorrow as it's not the biggest GA section for an arena really.

Can only see 'package' tickets for Glasgow not just a ticket option.There is for the 4 dates down in that London but not the 2 in Glasgow.

Just refreshed the page and it's been added

Im not gonna lie i just ordered a Subscriber package 2 in hope in getting tickets for one of the Glasgow Dates. I was just wondering do subscribers get sent the code via e-mail or something ?

You're only allowed 2 tickets MAX per show. I must admit i'm disappointed U2 arent selling out Hampden like theyve done twice before.

£61 for standing is very decent. What time on Friday do the presale tickets for Subscribers go on sale ?

I wish the Hydro was never built TBH. It's just a sheer scramble for tickets for any avent now. Look at what happened with Take That, they had to add an extra night because they couldn't be bothered selling out Hampden as well. U2 could sell Hampden out 2 times. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. I just hope the people lucky enough to get Tickets are proper fans like us instead of the ones who buy only with the view to sell at 3 times the cost price

Im not gonna lie i just ordered a Subscriber package 2 in hope in getting tickets for one of the Glasgow Dates. I was just wondering do subscribers get sent the code via e-mail or something ?

You're only allowed 2 tickets MAX per show. I must admit i'm disappointed U2 arent selling out Hampden like theyve done twice before.

£61 for standing is very decent. What time on Friday do the presale tickets for Subscribers go on sale ?

I wish the Hydro was never built TBH. It's just a sheer scramble for tickets for any avent now. Look at what happened with Take That, they had to add an extra night because they couldn't be bothered selling out Hampden as well. U2 could sell Hampden out 2 times. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. I just hope the people lucky enough to get Tickets are proper fans like us instead of the ones who buy only with the view to sell at 3 times the cost price

i'm pretty sure Hampden 360 tour wasn't a sell out,If i get a ticket for The Hydro then that's way better than Hampden,arenas are better for gigs than stadiums.

Can you tell me what the weather in Glasgow is like in early November?  I plan to do a few days hiking on the West Highland Way, but may select a different city if the weather is unsuitable for hiking in the highlands at that time of year. 

The Vertigo tour was defo a sell out i went to that one but the 360 might not have sold out purely because Celtic had a big game on at Celtic park and U2 tickets were easy to find all of a sudden. Bono even mentioned something about the game. I was at both gigs. For both gigs i actually camped out at the SECC overnight to buy tickets in person.  I would have happily done the same on Monday but this scam of Pre-Sale tickets for Subscribers has really taken off since 2009 and felt camping out would be pointfless for an Arena that holds 13k ?

I boughth the Gift subscription for $50, i hope i get the early E-Mail like the rest of you guys. I'll find out by friday i suppose.

Does anyone have an idea of the price tiers for Glasgow?

It just says £33.60-£180.000 on the SSE website

Can you tell me what the weather in Glasgow is like in early November?  I plan to do a few days hiking on the West Highland Way, but may select a different city if the weather is unsuitable for hiking in the highlands at that time of year. 

November is usually pretty cold. 2014 has been the Warmest November we've had as far as i can remember. I'd come to Glasgow September/October time. Won't be as cold as November. Fire onto Google and type in average weather for glasgow. 2014's november was strangly warmer than usual !

I need to find out if its 2 tickets per show or can I buy 1 ticket for each night in Glasgow

If anyone is planning on going to both Glasgow shows and wish to swap one of their tickets I'm available to suggestions

i.e I buy 2 for the 6th and you buy 2 for the 7th and swap the extra one

Simples

If anyone is interested in seeing both nights and wishes to swap please mail me through the forum and leave a contact details

I'm heading to bed soon and will no doubt check during the night

and early morning and late morning

Still no pre sale code

Edited by Asterix

Anyone available to combine our resource's

Im buying 2 rickets for the second night so looking for 1 for the first show if anyone wants a swap

Really looking forward to this. I can only apologize profusely for nagging about presale codes. I was just nervous!

Hey guys, what is the price of GA tickets?

around £60 for Glasgow

i'm pretty sure Hampden 360 tour wasn't a sell out,If i get a ticket for The Hydro then that's way better than Hampden,arenas are better for gigs than stadiums.

Hampden wasn't sold out last time - there was a competing football match involving Celtic and Aresnal on at the same time which resulted in loads of eBay scalpers getting their fingers burnt!

Sorry, I'm going to be the idiot here - what is 'GA' - have seen it banded about a lot but I can only think of General Admission but no idea.. Thanks in advance.

Got decent 2nd level tickets for the Saturday at £61 - when I think how much very similar tickets (same area) for Fleetwood Mac cost me, I'm happy. Also got worse tickets for the Who last week which cost me more.

Could have tried for GA, but reckoned they would all have gone.....

Sorry, I'm going to be the idiot here - what is 'GA' - have seen it banded about a lot but I can only think of General Admission but no idea.. Thanks in advance.

you got it right.....

Sign in to follow this