Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

It's already 4 am in London.... they HAVE to be on their way.... this is taking too long... it's been an excruciating day!!!

I'm a paid subscriber since 12/15/2004. Still no mail or pre-sale code.

Nothing so far for me. Code is supposed to be in an email and on the tour page, but nothing yet.

Hope it comes soon.

This seems like a joke again, a bad one.

I don't get why any band anywhere would want this credit card only entry.  I mean can you image you can't go to the show and you are screwed?  You loose your CC, you are hosed?  I mean what kind of big brother crap is this if you can't buy a ticket from someone?  I mean really?  Someone doesn't get tickets during a public sale and you are out of luck?  how is this possible?  I am seeing all kinda of posts on credit card only.  how does that make ANY FREAKING SENSE?

I don't think it's the band, I think its Ticketmaster. My friend had tickets to the Black Keys last month, but he had to go out of town, therefore he could not sell his tickets, could not give the tickets away, and could not get a refund. If Ticketmaster wants to pull this on people, they should at the very least let people get a refund on the tickets and let them go back into the pool of tickets making them available to another fan. They could easily have the customer read back a code, which Ticketmaster could then deactivate the ticket(s) so they can't be used, and issue a refund back to the buyer, and then issue new tickets via their site. Perhaps if Ticketmaster was to do this, maybe requiring people to contact them up to 3 days before the show (which gives Ticketmaster time to resell them), it would work smoothly but if something comes up and a person can't go, and aren't allowed to sell or give away the tickets, how they consider that fair is beyond me.

still nothing at 11:30 est

no code

nothing in my acct showing my group which was propaganda at one point now it's supposed to be level 1 I guess, but still not noted in acct.

With Europe waking up to no codes and presale just hours away, I'm thinking I should not stay up much longer waiting for the much anticipated email. But on the other hand, Europe should be getting some news soon and can tell us all the info. To sleep or not to sleep. What shall I do!

Live Nation said they can't fix that, I have been a non stop subscriber since the early 80's and never had any lapse in subscription.

That said, is that still the highest level?

mmmm sleeeeep.  You might be so tired in the morning that you'll mess up ordering.  But then you're gonna lay in bed wide awake with concern if you go now.

With Europe waking up to no codes and presale just hours away, I'm thinking I should not stay up much longer waiting for the much anticipated email. But on the other hand, Europe should be getting some news soon and can tell us all the info. To sleep or not to sleep. What shall I do!

Sleep

Sleep tonight

And may your dreams

Be realized

You're gonna sleep like a baby tonight

Edited by Youri-Nauta

If I remember, and I'm not sure I do, everyone's real dates were lost in 2008.  Everyone who has been a member since before the itunes album release is in the Thursday group.

Edited by tingly

Still no presale code and I can't stay up any later waiting to see if it shows up. Some of us have to work for a living and 5:30 a.m. comes awful early.

So far I am decidedly UNIMPRESSED with how U2 and Live Nation and whomever else is involved in this fiasco have handled it. If I am unsuccessful in getting tickets tomorrow, this may be the end of a 30-year love affair with U2. Once again, there has been a huge lack of respect shown long-time fans.

so on the tours page of u2.com website in the presale section it says sign up or sign in.

I need this clarified so when the time comes down to the second at 10am i know what to do...

My question is should i ignore this and hope that it will be refreshed with my unique code (they are unique to each user right?)

or

where it says sign in..(which when i click now it takes me to a page that says error), do i need to use this or..

Should i just be signed in on ticketmaster website ready to go with my code (which im still wating for) ..HELPPPP... :  -(

These codes are coming probably right before the 10am local time deadline.

Better go to sleep and wait for tomorrow. 

It's only a fiasco if codes show up late or ticket selling computers cash for 2 days.  People should have been preparing budgets and credit cards for ticket sales since September.

Still waiting, anxiously, for those codes.  I know I'm in the Thursday group, but this 11th hour.  They are cutting it very close.

Sleep

Sleep tonight

And may your dreams

Be realized

You're gonna sleep like a baby tonight

Good one!! I would love to sleep like a baby tonight but I don't think it's going to happen! I'll give it 10 more minutes ( I said that 20 minutes ago )

Kind of miss the old days of lining up at Ticketron, getting wristbands and just waiting in line!! I get that everyone's intention is to try to keep the scalpers from grabbing up tickets, get them in the fan's hands. But this is nerve wracking!!!

so on the tours page of u2.com website in the presale section it says sign up or sign in.

I need this clarified so when the time comes down to the second at 10am i know what to do...

My question is should i ignore this and hope that it will be refreshed with my unique code (they are unique to each user right?)

or

where it says sign in..(which when i click now it takes me to a page that says error), do i need to use this or..

Should i just be signed in on ticketmaster website ready to go with my code (which im still wating for) ..HELPPPP... :  -(

My guess is at 10am, when the presale page goes live on Ticketmaster's website for the show you want, there will probably be a place where you enter your code and that then will be their way of knowing that you can participate in the presale. That would probably be the most logical way of doing it. Have the code copied so you can just cut and paste it IF that is the way they go so you don't have to type it in.

I have programs on my computer that can alert me when the Ticketmaster page goes live and then another program that populates the areas that need filling in such as credit card info, etc. It saves precious time and when it comes to tickets or other things that sell out fast, every second counts.

These codes are coming probably right before the 10am local time deadline.

Better go to sleep and wait for tomorrow.

I think you are right. It may help with scalpers and everyone going to the site at the same time causing crashes.

Sign in to follow this