Here is an image a Twitter user recently posted:

"Here's the official stage layout for Vancouver."

CEnU5TzUMAAHi-4.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheeEdge/status/597242507240472576/photo/1

I checked the Rogers Arena website, as well as Ticketmaster, but all I've found is the same layout as before.

Thoughts?

Wow.  Yet another, different take on where the RZs are.  Very confusing--it conflicts with both the San Jose arena and TM (everywhere) maps, which have the RZs by the b-stage, NOT the main stage.  And--on top of that--it seems to conflict with the actual leaked photos from Vancouver, which appeared to show the RZ all along the central catwalk.  And what's more, these RZs are way too big for the 100-total number of RZ slots (50/side).  Can any actual RZ ticketholders from Vancouver verify that they received this image??

Edited by mike7man

BigBunny, the original San Jose map (which has been very accurate in most cases) says 50 patrons per side. But who knows. We'll know soon enough :)

Edited by ddarroch

Here is an image a Twitter user recently posted:"Here's the official stage layout for Vancouver."CEnU5TzUMAAHi-4.jpg

I checked the Rogers Arena website, as well as Ticketmaster, but all I've found is the same layout as before.

Thoughts?

I have red zone tickets for opening night and got an email from "Red Zone" confirming instructions for the day of the show. The email contained this stage setup. It is almost certainly the actual setup, although i doubt it is to scale.

Here is an image a Twitter user recently posted:"Here's the official stage layout for Vancouver."CEnU5TzUMAAHi-4.jpg

Thoughts?

I have red zone tickets for opening night and got an email from "Red Zone" confirming instructions for the day of the show. The email contained this stage setup. It is almost certainly the actual setup, although i doubt it is to scale.

Atu2 is running this image in their FAQ from responses they got from LiveNation about the tour...

BigBunny, the original San Jose map (which has been very accurate in most cases) says 50 patrons per side. But who knows. We'll know soon enough :)

only 50? gonna be a lot of space then. 

But, we only get at the rail on the main stage and nowhere else, it looks like.

But, we only get at the rail on the main stage and nowhere else, it looks like.

If by "we" you mean Red Zone, that seems accurate. Otherwise, seems like GA gets you rail at main stage, catwalk, and all around the B stage.

With this new GA layout. In your opinion what spot would be the best to target for the concerts? In the catwalk? In stage B?

STAGE WALKWAY/CATWALK RISES IN THE AIR!

Hey All, funny how no one seems to have noticed that it looks pretty clear that during the show the catwalk that connects the ''i'' stage to ''e'' stage will rise at one point during the show, seems to rise at least some 20-30 feet.

Check out at the 5 second mark (lasts a half second so pause it right there) of the 40 second tour promo video (shown on Jimmy Fallon the other night & now on Daily motion).

Looking pretty Sweeett!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pkmmr_u2news-u2-ie-innocence-experience-tour-2015_music

Actually it's at the 6 second mark + just noticed also at the 33 second mark the walkway is definitelly in the air (you can see the under walkway floor structure braces, normally would not see that unless the platform has risin'). 

Actually it's at the 6 second mark + just noticed also at the 33 second mark the walkway is definitelly in the air (you can see the under walkway floor structure braces, normally would not see that unless the platform has risin'). 

Hard to know if that is the walkway or them testing the rig for the video screen before loading it on there. No need to speculate much longer, though, tour is this week...

With this new GA layout. In your opinion what spot would be the best to target for the concerts? In the catwalk? In stage B?

That's hard to know, at this time, & really depends on where the band will spend te majority of their time. Plus it depends on whether you want to be very close to the band at times, or would rather see the stage effects.

Generally I'd say on the rail against the I-stage. But that's with the assumption that the band will spend the majority of their time there. This may not be the case. If the band spits their time equally between the two stages, then a spot by the I-stage will be quite a long way from the action for 50% of the show. Also a central rail spot on the I-stage won't have very good views of the screen.

I'd often aim for a rail spot on the e-stage (at the far side of the arena), with views looking down the catwalk to the I-stage. But the screen will not be seen from here, & the screen may actually block views of the I-stage at some times. Also, that is with an assumption that the band, when performing on the e-stage, would be facing up into the stands at that end of the arena. With this layout they may actually be facing back down the catwalk, towards the centre of the arena, & towards the GA crowd.

A spot on the catwalk rail will obviously be very close to the band at times, but won't have good views of either mainstage (unless you're tall), & won't have good views of the Screen (it may be in your face at times).

If you're tall, maybe a spot mid-field, with your back against the RZ rail, would be good. Not super close to the action at any times, but good views of both stages & the screen. I'm not tall, so I'm pretty undecided where I want to be.

I'd say wait & see until after Vancouver 1, unless you're going to Vancouver 1 :)

Edited by ddarroch

That's hard to know, at this time, & really depends on where the band will spend te majority of their time. Plus it depends on whether you want to be very close to the band at times, or would rather see the stage effects.

Generally I'd say on the rail against the I-stage. But that's with the assumption that the band will spend the majority of their time there. This may not be the case. If the band spits their time equally between the two stages, then a spot by the I-stage will be quite a long way from the action for 50% of the show. Also a central rail spot on the I-stage won't have very good views of the screen.

I'd often aim for a rail spot on the e-stage (at the far side of the arena), with views looking down the catwalk to the I-stage. But the screen will not be seen from here, & the screen may actually block views of the I-stage at some times. Also, that is with an assumption that the band, when performing on the e-stage, would be facing up into the stands at that end of the arena. With this layout they may actually be facing back down the catwalk, towards the centre of the arena, & towards the GA crowd.

A spot on the catwalk rail will obviously be very close to the band at times, but won't have good views of either mainstage (unless you're tall), & won't have good views of the Screen (it may be in your face at times).

If you're tall, maybe a spot mid-field, with your back against the RZ rail, would be good. Not super close to the action at any times, but good views of both stages & the screen. I'm not tall, so I'm pretty undecided where I want to be.

I'd say wait & see until after Vancouver 1, unless you're going to Vancouver 1 :)

Good explanation! Almost every U2 show I go GA and in past tours it was more less simple to decide where to aim. I am not tall at all.

You're right we should wait for Vancouver 1 to know where does the band is spending the most of the time.

Here is an image a Twitter user recently posted:

"Here's the official stage layout for Vancouver."

CEnU5TzUMAAHi-4.jpg

Thoughts?

Wow.  Yet another, different take on where the RZs are.  Very confusing--it conflicts with both the San Jose arena and TM (everywhere) maps, which have the RZs by the b-stage, NOT the main stage.  And--on top of that--it seems to conflict with the actual leaked photos from Vancouver, which appeared to show the RZ all along the central catwalk.  And what's more, these RZs are way too big for the 100-total number of RZ slots (50/side).  Can any actual RZ ticketholders from Vancouver verify that they received this image??

I'm thinking that the large area is partly the entry way and perhaps there will be red zone concession areas on the side of the arena, not expecting that that whole area is meant to be standing area for the RZ.  I guess we all find out for sure in a few days.

Todays teaser is sick!

I wonder what the views will be like from the end of the curl of the 'e'. This is what I'll be aiming for, if as I said above, the band spends a lot of time on the e-stage, & the views aren't obstructed by the screen.

post-359255-0-81935100-1431417203_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking that the large area is partly the entry way and perhaps there will be red zone concession areas on the side of the arena, not expecting that that whole area is meant to be standing area for the RZ. I guess we all find out for sure in a few days.

But floor area is expensive. Each wasted sq. ft. is wasted $$$$'s. From memory, for the last tour the concession tables were packed away before U2 came on, so as to not waste space. Though things may be different, with the 2 sets & intermission. I'm still betting the RZ areas aren't to scale on the diagram, or they sold a lot more than 50 RZ tickets per side.

Interestingly, looking at the leaked FB pics. The main part of the I-stage is actually smaller than the new RZ diagram suggests. I'd expect Adam & the Edge to park themselves around the boundary between GA & RZ, occasionally venturing down the wings of the 'I' beside RZ.

As you say, we'll know more very soon :)

Edited by ddarroch

Todays teaser is sick!

I wonder what the views will be like from the end of the curl of the 'e'. This is what I'll be aiming for, if as I said above, the band spends a lot of time on the e-stage, & the views aren't obstructed by the screen.

With a divided GA floor, hard to know whether the end of the e-stage will be anywhere you can go, or if that will connect right to the seated area.

Agree. Looking at the San Jose map that area looks a bit weird, with the rail a long way off the e-stage.

Bummer, if the teaser video is anything to go by, it looks like the band will perform inward, towards the catwalk, when performing on the e-stage. So a spot outside the e-stage won't be great, unless you have a fascination with the guys butts.

No wonder the seats on the ends of the arena are much cheaper than at the sides. Other than not having views of the screen, it could be the case that the band is either at the other end of the arena, or when they are at your end, their backs will be facing you.

post-359255-0-94469000-1431509075_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

It's funny. Despite all their years of experience, they clearly still prefer lining up in the same fairly close formation that they always have (with the possible exception of Bono who is a bit more free roaming), with Adam and The Edge always on the same sides of Larry too.

This is something that surprised me about 360. Despite the opportunity to play truly in the round and roam freely around, they still clearly liked reverting to their usual positions for the majority of the show, and rarely faced the crowd at the rear of the stadium.

This is something that Metallica have really cracked with their rectangular stage in the middle of the arena.  With the exception of the (rotating) drum kit, the other three have no 'default' positions and roam around the space facing each way pretty equally. Hetfield has about 8 different lead vocal mike positions spaced around the edges any one of which he can use at any time.

Bummer, if the teaser video is anything to go by, it looks like the band will perform inward, towards the catwalk, when performing on the e-stage. So a spot outside the e-stage won't be great, unless you have a fascination with the guys butts.

No wonder the seats on the ends of the arena are much cheaper than at the sides. Other than not having views of the screen, it could be the case that the band is either at the other end of the arena, or when they are at your end, their backs will be facing you.

I notice that all 'butt' Larry can move freely on that stage and face whichever way they want. It's just that shot that has them all facing 'inwardly'.

;)

...unless you have a fascination with the guys butts.

Well, fascination seems a bit too strong. ;-)

From the many comments and tweets from last night I am glad I have only one night GA and 3 nights with seats in various spots- want to get a full visual experience. As i have said before, had RZ in 360 and was not happy. Could see the band close but not any of the visuals!

With this stage design I guess a good seat (100 level) will be great!

Not so bad for RZ also...

I actually think the opposite. I would love to be in GA for all the shows I am attending. This seems to be the smoothest, easiest GA eXPERIENCE in any U2 concert. I saw pics and tweets of many people that arrived to the queue around 4 or 5 PM and got great spots, even near the main stage.

Sign in to follow this