Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Wow.  Very helpful--thanks!!  I really appreciate the information and explanation--thanks for taking the time!  By the way, which shows are you going to?

I am not sure what nomenclature we are using yet, but I have three MSG tickets so far: Red Zone on the 18th, GA on the 19th, and GA on the 23rd. (Two single GAs during presale, one in the public sale, before anyone starts wondering how I got three, heh)

can i buy two with my presale code and then ring back up and buy one in general sale ? because i need 3 tickets per show ?

Theoretically, yes. Whether you will be able to buy the 2 or the 1 is up to Ticketbastard, though.

this sucks, im supposed to go with my daughter and her boyfriend, feel rude excluding him and my daughter might not go otherwise, and i cant go on my own, strict rules....

and i was hoping on going both nights as well

Well, OK, 6 GAs does seem a bit optimistic... even for me. I'd say cut the daughter and her boyfriend loose, and treat yourself to two singles. ;-)

just a question, if i have a eXPERIENCE  code to buy tickets can i call ticket master and ask for paper tickets mailed to me ??

problem solved, im going to get my daughter and her boyfriend to purchase their own individual tickets and pay for them they both have different addresses so just getting a spot in the queue now is the issue

would be great just my daughter and i for mother and daughter time but i dont know..

just a question, if i have a eXPERIENCE  code to buy tickets can i call ticket master and ask for paper tickets mailed to me ??

Not if you're going to a venue where GA is paperless. If you're going to MSG, then yes, but you can do that online, too. Don't have to call... but if the venue is paperless, doesn't matter what you do, you're not getting paper tickets.

and is the two ticket limit for both nights or each night ??

Two tickets total per membership for this leg of the tour. So 2 tickets to one show, one ticket to two shows, etc.

Ok my fellow U2 family asked I post here even thought I have already messaged one of the Zoo moderators about it....guess it's best everyone knows what happened to me

You guys are NOT going to believe this.....so I tried to get tickets on line. Via web and app. And five times, yes 5 I got this message. ( see picture below) I was trying to get 2 seats for 7/23 show since I heard all GA were already sold out. I kept trying because I assumed the site was busy or having issue like they did on Thursday and Friday. So after the 5th time of it not taking my order I called and got seats.

Later in the afternoon I get 5 seperate emails with ticket orders. They ALL went through!!! Even though I got this message on all of them. ( see picture below) That gave me 12 tickets!!! First off, shouldn't there be some kind of computer thing in place to prevent people from buying that many? And second off, I got a message the order didn't process !! I didn't want 12 nor could I pay for 12. I called TM in a rage demanding they refund me. The women was rude and unhelpful. They were not going to refund me she said. She started reading some BS script about rules and regulations, blah blah. I had to actually yell at her to get her to listen to me and I asked to speak to a manager. Long story short They are refunding the 5 orders that got messed up. Will take 3-5 business days. The 10 tickets I didn't want in my TM account have been voided but I have yet to see my credit card the $1060.60 it was charged. Nor have I seen confirmation of the seats I actually wanted that I obtained on the phone.

She tells me she "thinks" all my other orders will be OK and not get cancelled. So far my 2'Chicago tiks I got in presale are OK but I have yet to see a confirmation of the tickets I purchased over the phone when the TM site failed me.

I am soooooo beyond livid with TM and how they screwed so many people

Be warned if this happened to you. You MUST call and they should be able to refund, she said I'm not the only person this has happened to. I was surprised she told me this because at first she said she wasn't going to refund me. So why would she say that when she KNEW other people had the same problem.

Anyway......here is to hoping I actually get my two tiks I wanted for NYC

Attached is the evidence of what I was getting every time I tried to place an order online...I cropped it to take off my personal email, address and credit card info.

I had the same error! I got this 3 times but kept trying to buy the same tickets the three times. I actually saw the tickets get released due to time running out. I then tried to buy tickets thinking I didn't have any but my code would not work. Then I got an email from my credit card saying I was charged $589 and from insurance thanking me for my order. Nothing from ticketmaster. No tickets on my ticketmaster account. This was Thursday and still nothing. I have talked to them and emailed them and they tell me I have seats but why don't I get an email?? I have no confirmation. Its like I didn't buy them. Will I be able to get in? I am not sure. It is Chicago so I believe its paperless. I just wish I had a confirmation email.

now my code is not working!! :(

are you experience or innocence? (experience only today)

My friend Joe Landreville and I, both of whom are U2.com subscribers, had numerous problems with the presale last week. Finally, after a couple of hours of repeated server errors; incorrect messages that our presale codes were not valid; inconsistent prices (sometimes, we'd see full prices, sometimes discounted prices); SHORT times to decide on tickets; and LONG wait times in the queue, we were able to get through and purchase 4 tickets, using our 2 presale codes, to the Thursday show in Chicago, both using my credit card.

Now, however, I've been notified by TicketMaster, that my second order has been canceled, because only 1 presale code is valid per credit card. I contacted TicketMaster about this issue, and they claim that it's not up to them; that the client (which I assume means U2) decides which orders get canceled. I find it incredibly frustrating to have gone through this whole process, just to have one set of tickets canceled. We had 2 valid presale codes and purchased 4 tickets; it just happened to be one credit card, because I was able to get into the site faster, to place the second order. How can U2 possibly have a problem with this?

And to add insult to injury, my friend Joe couldn't use his presale code this morning for the additional presale; he tried numerous times, and got an error stating that the presale code was not valid!

Bigwave, you are too good to me haha. I hope it works tomorrow then (is that right?)!! Sorry I read it wrong... just too excited.  :rolleyes:

My friend Joe Landreville and I, both of whom are U2.com subscribers, had numerous problems with the presale last week. Finally, after a couple of hours of repeated server errors; incorrect messages that our presale codes were not valid; inconsistent prices (sometimes, we'd see full prices, sometimes discounted prices); SHORT times to decide on tickets; and LONG wait times in the queue, we were able to get through and purchase 4 tickets, using our 2 presale codes, to the Thursday show in Chicago, both using my credit card.

Now, however, I've been notified by TicketMaster, that my second order has been canceled, because only 1 presale code is valid per credit card. I contacted TicketMaster about this issue, and they claim that it's not up to them; that the client (which I assume means U2) decides which orders get canceled. I find it incredibly frustrating to have gone through this whole process, just to have one set of tickets canceled. We had 2 valid presale codes and purchased 4 tickets; it just happened to be one credit card, because I was able to get into the site faster, to place the second order. How can U2 possibly have a problem with this?

And to add insult to injury, my friend Joe couldn't use his presale code this morning for the additional presale; he tried numerous times, and got an error stating that the presale code was not valid!

any cancellations, please get person to PM me, we can send up to LN to be looked at, and presale today is experience only, U215A first 5 digits of code (get them to check)

Hello Bigwave...you seem to be a genuine person that could offer assistance with this problem I had posted in another forum. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.........

I'm at a loss here. Ticketmaster cancelled (2) of my tickets for the @MSG show Sunday July 19th. I used two separate presale codes with the same credit card. A genuine mistake. Can anyone recommend what steps I should take? Thanks, Gary. 

Here are the details of the cancelled tickets.....

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Sun, Jul 19, 2015 08:00 PM

Edited by bostonirish

Hello Bigwave...you seem to be a genuine person that could offer assistance with this problem I had posted in another forum. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.........

I'm at a loss here. Ticketmaster cancelled (2) of my tickets for the @MSG show Sunday July 19th. I used two separate presale codes with the same credit card. A genuine mistake. Can anyone recommend what steps I should take? Thanks, Gary.

contact ticketmaster immediately. We have reports that they are reinstating tickets...

Hello all- I'll be in the presale tomorrow (Thursday)   Do I need to log into U2.com at all?  Or is it solely thought ticketmaster?  Hope I don't have these dreadful computer tech issues :(  Thanks

i read the faq for amsterdam before buying tickets today. faw states i can only buy for 1 date and no splitting up between the 12./13 date. so i bought 2 for 13. now i called ticketmaster and asked if they can swap 1x13 for 1x12 so i'd still be in ticket limit. i really wanted to go both nights.

they say u2 doesn't allow them to swap but that i could have just used the code 2 times to buy 1 ticket for each date. so now my order is messed cause i actually read the faq :(
 i cam try & swap but dont want to be ripped off :(

abnything that can be done?

Can't get into pre-sale today for Innocence - Chicago - after 10:00a m cst and says my password is incorrect....copied it straight from U2.com site.....what the hell!!!!  Somebody please help me what to do.....

Contact the mods (PM somebody like Bigwave) immediately about this.  They may be able to help.

Can't get into pre-sale today for Innocence - Chicago - after 10:00a m cst and says my password is incorrect....copied it straight from U2.com site.....what the hell!!!!  Somebody please help me what to do.....

wait till Noon EST (@30 minutes from now) when tickets go on sale.    Innocence is NOON EST, not 10am local. 

Sign in to follow this