Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Presales Update / Open Issues - PLEASE READ

Vancouver 1/2 GA

Chicago 1/2/3 GA

I know its too late now, but I tried every show possible on TM's app and there were no seats left according to the app for FIVE hours. When I tried on my laptop 6 hours for another 8 hours, I was only allowed to buy seats that were VIP fan or party tickets or in addition to a subscription WHICH I ALREADY HAVE.   So, I wasn't even allowed to search for tickets in best available because I kept getting an error saying "all tickets have been sold for this promo" for any show I tried while others were still buying tickets at the same time online.  I thought something was wrong with my code but I did cut and paste it so I know it was the right code.  TM has a problem with its app for sure. 

I just gave up after 2 am this morning.  And now, you have these $%^**^%$ scalpers already selling tickets on stubhub and craigslist.  Very disappointing and not worth renewing my subscription next year.

Hi there

Every year I have a subscription for myself and my dad (huge u2 fan). For some reason u2.com decided to put him in the innocent group. He emailed them and called (all lines busy) and no one responded. Can we please have this rectified? The presale for myself and him was an utter disaster and I hope that something is done. Thanks!

PS: We were trying for g.a in Boston and NYC.

Hi there

Every year I have a subscription for myself and my dad (huge u2 fan). For some reason u2.com decided to put him in the innocent group. He emailed them and called (all lines busy) and no one responded. Can we please have this rectified? The presale for myself and him was an utter disaster and I hope that something is done. Thanks!

PS: We were trying for g.a in Boston and NYC.

can you PM me his username & subscription dates, thanks

If I did not participate in the presale, does this "four ticket limit" thing affect me in the public sale and if so how does it affect me? Can I purchase less than four tickets for each show but still purchase tickets for multiple shows tomorrow in the public sale?

Is there no way that the fan club can get the Presale (Red zone) auctions taken off eBay?

Surely these were supposed to be for fans only?

On the Vertigo Tour I remember some work was done to prevent these being scalped.

I bought a subscription on 12/3 and I am still waiting for my e-mail or account upgrade. By now there is no point on having my account upgraded since I miss the tickets pre-sale.

I've been a paid member for years and initially was upset to be placed into the Innocence presale grouping.  Although unfair, i calmed down and waited 1 day to grab tickets the following day.  Success, I thought.  I just received this email from ticketmaster telling me I ordered too many tickets (2).

Attention ticket holder, 

The total number of tickets you ordered for the below event exceeds the ticket limit as posted online at the time of purchase. This has resulted in all or a portion of your tickets being cancelled.

U2
TD Garden- Boston
Saturday, July 11th, 2015 at 7:30 P.M.

What can I do to get my tickets back?  Of slightly lesser importance, any idea why I was placed in Innocence presale?

I know you must be swamped with messages, so thank you in advance for your reply.
Rob
robj73

I bought a subscription on 12/3 and I am still waiting for my e-mail or account upgrade. By now there is no point on having my account upgraded since I miss the tickets pre-sale.

hi - could you send me a PM with your order number? lets see iff we can chase

I've been a paid member for years and initially was upset to be placed into the Innocence presale grouping.  Although unfair, i calmed down and waited 1 day to grab tickets the following day.  Success, I thought.  I just received this email from ticketmaster telling me I ordered too many tickets (2).

Attention ticket holder, 

The total number of tickets you ordered for the below event exceeds the ticket limit as posted online at the time of purchase. This has resulted in all or a portion of your tickets being cancelled.

U2

TD Garden- Boston

Saturday, July 11th, 2015 at 7:30 P.M.

What can I do to get my tickets back?  Of slightly lesser importance, any idea why I was placed in Innocence presale?

I know you must be swamped with messages, so thank you in advance for your reply.
Rob
robj73

hi rob can you PM me with order number so we can get this looked into

ta

Hi BigWave,

Your patience is amazing. I greatly appreciate your consideration. My household is greatly frustrated and any help you could lend would be much appreciated. Issue follows:

I live in a household with a family member who is also a U2.com subscriber. I used my pre-sale code, while she did not. Now that shows have been added, she would like to use her code for the just announced shows. The problem is, there are several stories on multiple threads that state orders are being cancelled by TM because fans who legitimately had pre-sale codes (and followed the rules) are having tickets shipped to the same address.

My questions are:

1. How does she get to use her pre-sale code?

2. There appears to be a blatant disconnect between TM's lack of ability/willingness to help and U2.com's original good intentions. What is the explicit (written) policy? It would seem that those who can't use their pre-sale codes would be entitled to a membership refund. Which doesn't really solve anything because all they wanted was tickets. Please give advice on how I can help her use her code.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by juantrenine

Hi, can I give my previous tickets back and swap them for the newly announced shows? The new dates suit my schedule much better. I'd have used my presale code for them, if they had been announced at the same time.

Thx.

I discovered yesterday that the order I thought processed with my code on the iPhone app seems to have actually been processed by TM, but they never sent a e-mail confirmation and the order is listed as being delayed/waiting for approval.  (It is for NYC 3.  There was a message in my TM iPhone app messages inbox only with the order number.)  I emailed TM about this, but have not heard back and my code is deemed used even though they have not sent me the tickets, so I can't use the code for the new shows.  Can you folks help get my ordered confirmed and ticketed?

Hi, can I give my previous tickets back and swap them for the newly announced shows? The new dates suit my schedule much better. I'd have used my presale code for them, if they had been announced at the same time.

Thx.

no sorry

Makes no sense. They're cancelling orders on true fans, yet they are allowing people to buy tickets and RESELL them on THEIR site for a PROFIT. (Ticketmaster resale program).

2 U2.com memberships/passcodes per household is reasonable, but they don't see it that way.

Hi BigWave,

Your patience is amazing. I greatly appreciate your consideration. My household is greatly frustrated and any help you could lend would be much appreciated. Issue follows:

I live in a household with a family member who is also a U2.com subscriber. I used my pre-sale code, while she did not. Now that shows have been added, she would like to use her code for the just announced shows. The problem is, there are several stories on multiple threads that state orders are being cancelled by TM because fans who legitimately had pre-sale codes (and followed the rules) are having tickets shipped to the same address.

My questions are:

2. There appears to be a blatant disconnect between TM's lack of ability/willingness to help and U2.com's original good intentions. What is the explicit (written) policy? It would seem that those who can't use their pre-sale codes would be entitled to a membership refund. Which doesn't really solve anything because all they wanted was tickets. Please give advice on how I can help her use her code.

Thanks for your help.

TM have been told to relax this cancelling nonsense in this situation, if that happens we can get it sorted out, let me know via PM in that case

^^^^^^^^^ new to the site be Easy to see the fantastic work big wave dose for us . If your ever at a Glasgow gig I will gladly buy you a beer .

Is the new presale for the new shows going to be split into two groups again?  Innocence and Experience?

Hi BigWave,

My questions are:

Thanks for your help.

TM have been told to relax this cancelling nonsense in this situation, if that happens we can get it sorted out, let me know via PM in that case

Your the man.  It hasn't happened to me (thankfully) however I really feel for those that have had this happened, and so happy to know there is someone like you to help sort it out.   I had severe anxiety during the presale and public sale, I can only imagine what would happen if my tickets got cancelled!

Hi BigWave,

My questions are:

Thanks for your help.

My husband still has his code for all reasons stated above and in all the confusion these last days- still nervous for him to try tomorrow for fear I will loose my tickets - IDK what to do- Stress! Find a CC surrogate lol

I have an unused presale code but can't use it as ticket sites keep telling me it's invalid. What now? :unsure:

Hi BigWave,

My questions are:

Thanks for your help.

My husband still has his code for all reasons stated above and in all the confusion these last days- still nervous for him to try tomorrow for fear I will loose my tickets - IDK what to do- Stress! Find a CC surrogate lol

yes, for peace of mind, or change billing address temporarily on one

I have an unused presale code but can't use it as ticket sites keep telling me it's invalid. What now? :unsure:

replied to your PM

Hi,

I was unable to use my presale code in the first round of purchases, but now it is saying that it is invalid. Any advice how to proceed?

Thanks!

Hello i want a ticket for amsterdam 13 September ziggo dome but i still got this message Oops! Invalid Password.

Password incorrect, please try again. i have only 1 pass word so what to do? 

Greetings Jeroen

Sign in to follow this