Sign in to follow this  
francispotter

Which end of the stage is the Red Zone?

there is no way that they are putting the red zone, which isn;t filled to capacity, directly beside the main stage.  They reserve that for the hardcores that want to line up for a day or two to get to the show and bounce up and down the whole time.  It is a better aesthetic.  Not to mention all of the known evidence points to it being by the b-stage.

The red zone is by the b-stage.  bank on it.

What he said.  Tons of evidence for this (see above).

i see what you are saying,  it is good when they are at the end but certainly  not  as close when they are up front with the show.  thx for pointing that out. I had only see the other diagrams and this is certainly more complete.

wonder if this is just for the SAP show... Below is  the one I have seen at the chicago and NYC  where I have Red zone

I spoke with someone in the box office of the United Center in Chicago and they told me that map is correct.  Normally the stage is on the other end of the United Center but they said this time it is not so the red zone, in this instance, would be by the main stage.  I asked because they screwed up the Vertigo seating chart for the United Center but they assured me that this map is accurate so you red zoners will be by the stage!

i see what you are saying,  it is good when they are at the end but certainly  not  as close when they are up front with the show.  thx for pointing that out. I had only see the other diagrams and this is certainly more complete.

wonder if this is just for the SAP show... Below is  the one I have seen at the chicago and NYC  where I have Red zone

I spoke with someone in the box office of the United Center in Chicago and they told me that map is correct.  Normally the stage is on the other end of the United Center, but they said this time it is not; so the red zone, in this instance, would be by the main stage.  I asked because they screwed up the Vertigo seating chart for the United Center but they assured me that this map is accurate so you red zoners will be by the stage!

post-307877-0-41790000-1417908343.gif

Edited by Manohlive

there is no way that they are putting the red zone, which isn;t filled to capacity, directly beside the main stage.  They reserve that for the hardcores that want to line up for a day or two to get to the show and bounce up and down the whole time.  It is a better aesthetic.  Not to mention all of the known evidence points to it being by the b-stage.

The red zone was right next to the stage for the 360 tour in Chicago.  I know because I was off to the side slightly in front of the stage.

No.  105 is directly across from the main stage (at the other end of the floor), and right in front of the b-stage (where the red zones are).  And, this is another piece of evidence that the RZs are by the b-stage, not the main stage.  Otherwise, jeffbass79's VIP package would indeed be behind the main stage, which makes no sense!

I arranged tickets for someone who is disabled earlier today and he told me that section 108, which was highest ticket price, was closest to the stage.  He told me that section 119, which was $95, was on the opposite end of the main stage.  I'm not claiming to know with any certainty but this is what the box office is saying so we've conflicting information.

The red zone was right next to the stage for the 360 tour in Chicago.  I know because I was off to the side slightly in front of the stage.

Not exactly.  Only regular GA was right next to the stage (the 360 version of the heart).  The RZs on the 360 tour were next to each of the outer side of the semicircular catwalk that circumscribed the heart.  In other words, not "in the heart," but rather just outside of it.  And also, when you refer to "the map" above (the Chicago map), by itself it gives no indication of whether the RZs are by the main stage or the b-stage (indeed, the Chicago map, like many US venue maps, seems to suggest a single, long, thin stage running the entire length of GA).

it is definitely confusing.  Maybe they are gonna play smack dab in the middle of the venue on a circle which is slowly spinning!  lol   mike7man described it much more accurately than I did.

May I ask how much red zone tickets for shows in the United States cost?   I could not see and am curious.  I tried to find out on my own but cannot find a venue that lists the price.  I must be looking in the wrong place.  The red zone in Chicago for the 360 tour seemed to have a lot of space for people.

Hey all, i got tix VIP Package in lower level section 105... is that behind the stage? Would be mad if i paid that much and can't even see. There must be some arrangement?

Nope--it's not behind the main stage.  And notice that VIP packages were not available in corresponding locations on the other side.  More evidence the RZs are on the other side from the main stage.

May I ask how much red zone tickets for shows in the United States cost?   I could not see and am curious.  I tried to find out on my own but cannot find a venue that lists the price.  I must be looking in the wrong place.  The red zone in Chicago for the 360 tour seemed to have a lot of space for people.

About $325/ea; sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.  And of course you're right, in the 360 tour, the RZs were considerably larger (at least several hundred; I forget exactly how many) than on this (arena) tour (only 50 per side, supposedly)!

Edited by mike7man

No.  105 is directly across from the main stage (at the other end of the floor), and right in front of the b-stage (where the red zones are).  And, this is another piece of evidence that the RZs are by the b-stage, not the main stage.  Otherwise, jeffbass79's VIP package would indeed be behind the main stage, which makes no sense!

I arranged tickets for someone who is disabled earlier today and he told me that section 108, which was highest ticket price, was closest to the stage.  He told me that section 119, which was $95, was on the opposite end of the main stage.  I'm not claiming to know with any certainty but this is what the box office is saying so we've conflicting information.

Hmm--well, that's confusing, to be sure!  And you're right, none of us really know at this point.  But, if I'm right, it makes some sense that section 119 is cheap, because that would be (almost) behind the main stage.  And section 108 wasn't the only section w/top price tix--tons of the lower bowl (and even some of the upper bowl) was top price--except for a lesser price for what looks to be tix behind the main stage.  But again, we don't really know for sure, obviously.

Hmm--well, that's confusing, to be sure!  And you're right, none of us really know at this point.  But, if I'm right, it makes some sense that section 119 is cheap, because that would be (almost) behind the main stage.  And section 108 wasn't the only section w/top price tix--tons of the lower bowl (and even some of the upper bowl) was top price--except for a lesser price for what looks to be tix behind the main stage.  But again, we don't really know for sure, obviously.

To add more to this mix:  I was told 119 was not really behind, rather; more to the side of the stage.  These were disabled seats so I doubt they'd do that but it sure is confusing.

That makes sense--119 on the map is not directly behind the stage--more like half of the way to being completely behind the stage.

The United Center did get the map for the Vertigo tour turned around.  Every show I've seen at the United Center has the stage on the end with sections 120 and 113 being the best sections if not on the floor.   

Exactly!  And the best (seated) tix at the United Center have always been 113 and 121 (not 120).  That alone speaks volumes.

I know that in the 360 tour the Red Zone was not right next to the main stage...but along the outer circle...see image...

So I could see where it may not necessarily be right along the "A" stage...

it is main stage, but this year with the long stage  queing will be much nicer. As with the multi shows attended last  tour, red zone was let in same time as   the GA and you had option to que on the rail . I did both  with red zone and found red zone access and ease to roam without pushing against you  was a great thing. Plus, the wife is vertically challenged and will enjoy the show more.

I do know though of all the 50+ u2 shows I have seen, GA  is the best no matter where you stand. Nothing like it the the seats cannot come close to.

Enjoy, do not worry about the red zone area, you are golden

Hii

On the 360 tour I had seats.  But in the Vertigo tour, I had GA tickets..and randomly was chosen to go INTO the elipse.  Second row standing and I didn't get there more than 2 hours before they opened the gates.  It was crazy!!!!  Now I'm reading comments from people of the 360 tour, that had to wait for hours to be able to get inside first.   I LOVEDDDD the experience of the GA, but maybe because I got to be inside??  Not sure.  Now I bought the RED ZONE tickets!!!  Hope they are as good! 

I know that in the 360 tour the Red Zone was not right next to the main stage...but along the outer circle...see image...

How did one get inside the CIRCLE in the 360 tour?  Thats GA and also the ones outside the circle are GA (in the Vertigo tour tickets were scanned and randomly chosen)

Looking at seating maps for SAP Center, Ziggo Dome, and The SSE Hydro, I also think that the Red Zone will be by the "B" stage and it will be at the opposite end of the Main stage.  That's unfortunate because I have Red Zone for Vancouver2 and I would have wished to be closer to the Main stage.  I agree with Zoonation76 that they want the GA around the Main stage because they want to feed off of their energy.  If the capacity for Red Zone is 50 people per section then it would be too sparse from an energy and aesthetic point of view to be that close to the Main stage.  I think with the stage set up everyone will have a good seat at some point in the concert (since the band will be moving around), however, I wish the stage set up was made more clear before everyone started purchasing tickets.

Looking at seating maps for SAP Center, Ziggo Dome, and The SSE Hydro, I also think that the Red Zone will be by the "B" stage and it will be at the opposite end of the Main stage.  That's unfortunate because I have Red Zone for Vancouver2 and I would have wished to be closer to the Main stage.  I agree with Zoonation76 that they want the GA around the Main stage because they want to feed off of their energy.  If the capacity for Red Zone is 50 people per section then it would be too sparse from an energy and aesthetic point of view to be that close to the Main stage.  I think with the stage set up everyone will have a good seat at some point in the concert (since the band will be moving around), however, I wish the stage set up was made more clear before everyone started purchasing tickets.

Yes it appears Red Zone is around the "B" stage for this tour, but the Red Zone is much smaller than during the 360 tour. I think those who have Red Zone will be quite pleased, I can only imagine Bono and Edge will both make it out to that area during the show multiple times (especially Bono) and then you also may see the band do a longer acoustic set than the last time they had a "B" stage, which I believe was the ZooTV tour but could be wrong on that. With only 50 people on either side, that is not a lot of fans, so those in there should be treated to some special moments being that close to the jam session on B stage and more than likely some great photos from those sections too.

How did one get inside the CIRCLE in the 360 tour?  Thats GA and also the ones outside the circle are GA (in the Vertigo tour tickets were scanned and randomly chosen)

I believe for the 360 tour it was first come/first serve so the fans that lined up the earliest could get into the inner circle.

I just spoke with the box office at the United Center in Chicago and he said that the main stage is where the red zone is located.  So it seems the main stage is down by section 108, etc at the United Center.  That is why tickets in section 119 were only $95, I was told.  So the red zone is next to the main stage.  I've spoken with three people at the box office.

post-307877-0-41790000-1417908343.gif

Edited by Manohlive

Manohlive--I hear you, but I think they're just misinformed/mistaken (even though 3 folks have told you this!).  This happens all the time w/venue box-office people, especially this far out from the shows actually happening.  And there's just too much other evidence that the RZ is on the other side from the main stage.  Check out the Amsterdam diagram, which makes it very obvious the RZ is not by the main stage (see diagram below).  And where the RZ is in relation to the main stage is not going to change from venue to venue--that's going to be consistent everywhere.

Also, if you check the diagrams for the 02 and Glasgow (below left and right, respectively), they're not quite as clear as the Amsterdam diagram, but follow the same "horseshoe" design--where the main stage is always on the open end of the horseshoe.  For these diagrams, the RZ is again basically where it is w/Amsterdam--that is, on the other side of where the main stage should be.post-295258-0-46527300-1418247723_thumb.png

post-295258-0-62876200-1418247929_thumb.gif

post-295258-0-12378400-1418247943_thumb.gif

post-295258-0-32549700-1418247951.gif

Edited by mike7man

I think the stage will be where 'stage' is written on the seating charts.  That makes the most sense.  If that is the case, the stage will be in the round in the middle of most arenas and the Red Zone will be right next to the stage.

This is what is wrriten on Ticketmaster for San Jose SAP Center.

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

SAP Center at San Jose,San Jose, CAMon, May 18, 2015 07:30 PM

Details: U2

Please Note: Note: This Concert is in the Round. IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT
...more
Closeicn_close.gif
Note: This Concert is in the Round.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT CARD ENTRY TICKETS:

• RESERVED LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry Ticketing.
  • Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

ALSO NOTE: Please adhere to the ticket limits for this event. Any purchasers over the ticket limit will be cancelled without notice. ALL METHODS OF DELIVERY WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL 12/8/14

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale and no limit thereafter.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

I don't think so--many times the TM charts are misleading (and only San Diego TM even mentions the "in the round" phrase).  Plus, you're ignoring the much more detailed map from the San Diego (SAP) venue itself, which clearly shows a main stage on one end and the RZ on the other end (by a b-stage).  Not to mention the Amsterdam map, among various other similar ones, which also suggest the RZ is not by the main stage.  At the very least, it's not at all clear.  Indeed, the whole reason I've been talking about this in various threads is precisely because I spent a lot of time looking at a bunch of maps, not just the San Diego TM one.

Edited by mike7man

Sorry, didn't mean to include all that 'Credit Card Entry' stuff.  Just wanted to highlight 'This Concert is in the Round'.

Sign in to follow this