Sign in to follow this  
conlonm1

Rear/Side Stage Seats Question

the reason for the confusion was most assumed red zone was in front of stage. and also at the united center the stage is usually in the same end of the arena.

For anyone who got the 'limited view' notice only after purchasing during the pre-sale, CALL TICKETMASTER.  I called the day of the first Chicago show and talked to customer service, they offered me any section that was still available as an exchange, but had to pay the price difference.  I declined only because I already spent $220 for two tickets and didn't think it was worth the hassle for another $368.

Lastly, the seats I had last night were to the right where badsilver was so I still managed to see the screen on an angle.  Yes, I'm upset about the 'limited view' issue but I still got to go to the show.  

Have they always had the little screen on the end of the stage? That was a nice surprise! At least there was a little screen to watch!

post-286259-0-07155200-1435252045_thumb.jpg

Edited by badsilver

I have rearside seats in Stockholm in September, didn't know they were gonna be rear when I bought them. Oh well, at least I'm in the building.

For the ChI 2 show I noticed that there were sections on the lower (100 level) directly behind "i" stage that were completely empty. Maybe first 10 rows? I'm thinking they either didn't sell those or moved people? The upper bowls had people but not "sold out" levels - so wondering if they moved people out.

Was at center side, row 10, first show and upper corner for second. Both great perspectives, could actually see a more "complete" picture second show- although crowd had less energy around us 2nd show. Lots of people in front/behind us sitting (there were 6 of us that stayed standing the entire time- second show).

They probably didn't sell those first couple rows (there was never anyone in them) because they were below the level of the stage. Notice the same on the first two rows off to the side of the stage. I was behind the I-stage last night and had just enough angle to see the main screen. I was kinda pissed going in about the seat location like alot of other people but I gotta admit that I ended up liking it. I have never been that close to the band and it really helped feeling the energy they produce. Yes I was staring at their backs alot of the time but they turned around enough to keep me happy. I actually found that I liked being behind them (and close)  a touch better than than when they were on the E-stage playing back in our direction from the opposite end of the arena.

All and all for what I was feeling going in I left happy. 

I took this from behind the stage.... Yeah it was ok!

post-358676-0-63335800-1435332656_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jamie

They probably didn't sell those first couple rows (there was never anyone in them) because they were below the level of the stage. Notice the same on the first two rows off to the side of the stage. I was behind the I-stage last night and had just enough angle to see the main screen. I was kinda pissed going in about the seat location like alot of other people but I gotta admit that I ended up liking it. I have never been that close to the band and it really helped feeling the energy they produce. Yes I was staring at their backs alot of the time but they turned around enough to keep me happy. I actually found that I liked being behind them (and close)  a touch better than than when they were on the E-stage playing back in our direction from the opposite end of the arena.

what section were you in?

what section were you in?

I was in 118 row 8. There was one row of people in front of me and then the other 6 were empty. The angle to the big screen was harsh but otherwise it worked out fine. 

I got my parents tickets for Boston Saturday Night. Same story- TM flipped the damn seating chart! Regardless, I am very disappointed. Does anyone have an opinion on how poor their seats will actually be? They are in Section 322, row 2. 

Not sure if the picture added as I am new to this. But Section 322 is one section off from being dead center. I certainly appreciate any input you guys can provide as this is my Dad's favorite band and I want to make sure he has a great time! 

hi all,

i have a ticket in section 110 row 4 for an MSG show.

i'm close to the end of the aisle, closer to section 109.

A few questions after I looked at the updated map on TM as I'm still a bit unclear:  

1. is section 110 on the end of the main stage setup (where larry is anchored)?  if so:

*   i assume i'm behind the band and they'll be facing the other direction?  does the band ever turn around or will i mostly be looking at their backs? 

*   do theymostly stay on the "main" stage, or do they go up/down the catwalk and perform from the catwalk often?

*   are there screens behind the band that will obstruct my view?

*   whats the little circle on the other end of the floor on the TM map?  is this a B stage?

2. will row 4 be a problem in general, regardless of which end is the main stage?  will i be too low to see the band onstage?

3. will i be able to see the screen hanging from the ceiling that runs the length of the venue?   or will i be too close in row 4, or too much to the side considering         i'm in sect 110?

Thank you very much in advance for any tips or advice!

Edited by chadp123

I saw a pic from someone on the aisle of 109 closest to 110. We will be loving it. (I am also in 110 row 8.) I don't think we will have any trouble seeing anything. And yes the circle stage is a b stage. Adam will come for a visit directly in front of us and Bono usually stops by there too once or twice.

I've never posted before, but I I've followed a lot of the boards - particularly the ones regarding the side/rear seating. I chose my seats during the presale and had a pretty good idea of where they were; however, I do admit that I had some concerns after reading comments.

I was at MSG last night - section 110, row 8, seats 13 & 14 - so closer to 111. I thought that the seats were awesome and the people around us seemed pleased as well. We were really close to the action on the main stage, and yes, we were sometimes looking at the bands' backs and sides, but they frequently turned around to recognize those of us on the sides and in the back. More than once, Bono came up on the risers and was just feet away from us. When they were on the B (or e) stage, they tended to face us, so that was not an issue either. We had a great view of the screen too, so we got the whole experience.

I would absolutely choose those tickets again. Wish I could post s picture for those with concerns, but haven't figured that out yet.

I've never posted before, but I I've followed a lot of the boards - particularly the ones regarding the side/rear seating. I chose my seats during the presale and had a pretty good idea of where they were; however, I do admit that I had some concerns after reading comments.

I was at MSG last night - section 110, row 8, seats 13 & 14 - so closer to 111. I thought that the seats were awesome and the people around us seemed pleased as well. We were really close to the action on the main stage, and yes, we were sometimes looking at the bands' backs and sides, but they frequently turned around to recognize those of us on the sides and in the back. More than once, Bono came up on the risers and was just feet away from us. When they were on the B (or e) stage, they tended to face us, so that was not an issue either. We had a great view of the screen too, so we got the whole experience.

I would absolutely choose those tickets again. Wish I could post s picture for those with concerns, but haven't figured that out yet.

thank you so much for your post.  that's definitely helpful info.  sounds like you had an awesome time.  cheers.

also thanks popfan for your thoughts as well. i think i'll be more than ok where i'm at.

Edited by chadp123

From Sec 111, Row 15, Seat 20, night 2 MSG.  Not the best of angles but the center screen was visible and acceptable to me.  Show was still phenomenal.  You'll have a better view angle from Sec 110.

post-308872-0-84451500-1437411396_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I've been on the fence about selling my Thursday night tix for months. Think I'll be fine in section 109.  Talk about a lot of angst for all of us because TM couldn't label those tickets properly from the beginning.  Now I can just relax and start getting excited :)

I went to chicago 1,2,and 3.On night one,i was second to the rail by mainstage and catwalk.It was amzing,first time seeing U2.On the second night i purposely came late,i was back on the floor and able to move with the band more and dance.After the first 2 shows i really wanted to go to the third show,since i would still be in town,about 530 pm ,i went to the boxoffice and asked if they had cheap nosebleeds,they sold me one for 30 dollars,directly center behind the stage,row 324,the very top.I could see all 3 stages,the band(not too well cause i have bad eyes),the screen i could see perfect,plus they had a little tv set up,which helped see the band better.It sounded great up there,i loved it,i think i got a real deal and a different perspective as i could see the door open under the stage and tech stuff.It was great.

Sign in to follow this