Sign in to follow this  
unforgettabledesire

Hopefully More U.S. Shows To Be Added

I have been a long time U2 fan, and I have only seen them in my home state of Ohio twice. I don't understand why it has been well over 10 years since they last played here. I really hope they make a stop in Columbus, OH during the new tour.

I have been a long time U2 fan, and I have only seen them in my home state of Ohio twice. I don't understand why it has been well over 10 years since they last played here. I really hope they make a stop in Columbus, OH during the new tour.

Been since '81 since U2 played Cincinnati. :-(

Downside of living in a small market city.

I continue to hold some hope that will change.

Haven't missed a leg of a tour since '87.

The streak ends with this tour.

Can't afford the cost of travelling to Chicago this time around.

Was hoping they would add another date closer - Columbus or Cleveland.  Either would have worked (free lodging and babysitter)

But i guess with the rumored format of the concert, it makes it easier to sell tickets in largest markets

Really surprised there are no southern dates.

Since I'm not using my code for this leg of the tour, I wonder if i can bank it for 2016, or whenever they make the return trip to the US.

Seems unlikely on this leg--so far, only more dates in the original cities have been added.  But, I bet things are different on the 2016 stadium leg.

Just added an 8th show in NYC, yet not a single show within a thousand miles of where I live in the US. I, too, am hoping for multiple legs of the tour. This tour format seems pretty odd to me.

There will definitely be a stadium leg in 2016--the band has said so.  I'm sure this will visit many areas of the US not covered by the 2015 arena tour, which was clearly slanted toward "residencies" in various places (e.g., NYC) and to the "pair of shows" concept (which won't apply to a stadium tour).

Seems unlikely on this leg--so far, only more dates in the original cities have been added.  But, I bet things are different on the 2016 stadium leg.

Denver added!

Happy for my friends in Denver, but really now, no shows in the Southeast!  I sure wish U2 would announce all the show locations at one time - if not all of the dates.  I'm sure there are lots of Denver area fans that have already used there presale codes to travel to a show and now they've got one in their backyard and presale codes have been spent. 

All scheduling and pre conceived notions are out the window with this Denver addition.  I had thought the  NYC date last week was the end of the leg.  Now, I'm concerned there gonna hit DC, Philly, etc in August and I'm flat outta codes.  All the speculation (misleading really) of "residency setups", pairing of shows, etc is just noise.  Management is clearly just doing whatever they want and can to get tix sold..who knows how it will eventually all play out. 

Gah--- I was going to pull the trigger to get tickets for daughter to last chicago but hmmmm.... Wonder if they will add a Detroit it Pitt (which would be easier travel).

I wouldn't say that vtech. I'd speculate (lol) that Denver was only added to plug the gap left after LA shows were canned. Originally there were to be 8 LA shows scheduled, & there's no way that will be happening, due to poor ticket sales.

I wouldn't say that vtech. I'd speculate (lol) that Denver was only added to plug the gap left after LA shows were canned. Originally there were to be 8 LA shows scheduled, & there's no way that will be happening, due to poor ticket sales.

This makes a lot of sense.

But as a Colorado resident who lives less then 20 minutes from the Pepsi Center Im not happy they added this show (s).

I already have g.a. tickets for both Phoenix shows and have no interest in seeing a 3rd show as I expect no changes in the setlist from the 2 in Phoenix.

Happy for my friends in Denver, but really now, no shows in the Southeast!  I sure wish U2 would announce all the show locations at one time - if not all of the dates.  I'm sure there are lots of Denver area fans that have already used there presale codes to travel to a show and now they've got one in their backyard and presale codes have been spent. 

I'm actually not happy about this. My cost of going to Phoenix is astronomically higher than going to Denver (since I live in Denver). I figured they weren't adding cities since they set up this whole residency thing. Not sure how its going to work with the 'two different shows'. If we aren't actually going to be getting two different shows, I'm going to be super mad as I wouldn't have traveled at all if it wasn't for that.

This makes a lot of sense.

But as a Colorado resident who lives less then 20 minutes from the Pepsi Center Im not happy they added this show (s).

I already have g.a. tickets for both Phoenix shows and have no interest in seeing a 3rd show as I expect no changes in the setlist from the 2 in Phoenix.

I am 100% in the same boat as you. I'm just mad I spent all that money to go to Phoenix. I really am.

Wow--as we all now know, a new show added in Denver.  A few thoughts--first, if it sells well, likely a 2nd show in Denver.  If not, there'd still be space in the schedule for another show somewhere else June 9--although that would have to be a single as well.  I bet we'll see a second Denver show.  Looking at the schedule, there's also space for a pair of shows after Montreal somewhere else as well (??).  But, they've already announced the NYC shows will be the last in North America this leg, so nothing's going to happen in August.  And I certainly sympathize w/Denver area folks who've already bought tix for other cities (w/all the attendant expense, hassle, etc.), but it's not like U2 knew all along that there'd be any Denver dates at all--clearly, the original plan was for more LA dates instead.  And it's also clear from numerous comments from the band, etc. that there will definitely be an emphasis on the "pairs of shows" (w/differences, etc.) concept--with the only exceptions being a very few "single" dates (the 5th Chicago show, the 5th LA show, 5th London show, maybe Denver--although I bet they end up w/2).  Come to think of it, with all 5 London shows now shown as sold out, one would think there will be a 6th London show added (I'm surprised it hasn't already been, actually).

Edited by mike7man

I was  thinking the same thing now they announced a denver,there is room on the 9th and 20th to do one or two different cities if they stick to the shedule which seems to be 2 days of rest between every couple of shows,it also says more dates to be confirmed,so maybe a southeast show.The reason maybe they are adding shows scattered maybe they were not sure if bono would be able to do shows if still recovering.I think they will take the whole month of august for rest before starting the european shows.

Edited by barb1225

Sign in to follow this