Sign in to follow this  
guklein

How long is U2 concert?

How long is the U2 concert?

Paul McCartney performed a 3 hours show in my city last month.

Edited by guklein

Generally up to 24 songs which is maybe around 2 hours maybe slightly more.

I've seen Paul McCartney too and his sets are long...a fair bit longer than all the times I've seen U2 in recent years.

Though its kinda two different types of show.

Like Richie said--I'd say c. 2 hr. 10 min.  This is roughly typical for major acts.  McCartney and Springsteen are unusual in routinely performing for c. 3 hours.

To be fair Bonos voice only just makes it to that some nights too. I would never envisage a longer setlist in over all time.

Though I would hope they wold drop some of the unnecessarily long intros and outros to songs which may mean they could atlas get another couple of tracks in the setlist.

But that gives Bono some needed rest--doubt those are gonna go.  They could maybe do a somewhat longer show if they did two sets w/an intermission.

I think around 2 hours 15 mins is plenty for a gig. I've never felt short changed at a U2 gig.

The only two people I can think of that do 3 hour concerts would Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen. Bruce played about 3hrs and 20 mins when I saw him in 2012. Even then I think he wanted to stay longer if it wasn't for the curfew!

Edited by DA FLY

I would think usually around 2:20. U2 is notoriously set into fixed setlists due to having to match with surrounding stage and theatrics.. Hopefully this time around they'll loosen it up a little bit.

McCartney is not so bad because a lot of his songs and Beatles tracks are short 2-3 minutes so it keeps some momentum.

When your listening to 3 hours of 5-7 minute tracks it can become a bit much. 

Pearl Jam has been doing roughly 3 hour shows the past few years. The length of the show depended on how long Eddie Vedder talked between songs.

My friend went to the Foo Fighters show here in Seattle a few weeks ago which was held a very small concert venue that holds only about a 1000 people and he said they played for a solid 3 hours.

U2 generally plays for about 2 hours 10 minutes, usually there are two encores. But it's 2 hours and 10 minutes of solid energy.

i believe boston for 360 tour was around 2 hours and 15 minutes and philly for the u2 360 tour was around 2 hours and 10 minutes

I think around 2 hours 15 mins is plenty for a gig. I've never felt short changed at a U2 gig.

The only two people I can think of that do 3 hour concerts would Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen. Bruce played about 3hrs and 20 mins when I saw him in 2012. Even then I think he wanted to stay longer if it wasn't for the curfew!

phish does about 3 hour and 10 minute shows. They do 2 sets with a set break in between. each set is around 1 hour and 20 minutes or so

Sign in to follow this