Sign in to follow this  
pheonix

u2 chicago

will be in chicago for gigs in june,any advice on pre gig pubs etc...... was in boston for vertigo and couple of pubs had great partys incl tribute bands, im headin over from ireland

Looks like I will be going to the July 2nd show if I get tickets hopefully. I gave up on U2 coming back to Ohio, they have not been here since their "Elevation" tour in 2001. I saw that there is a tavern nearby United Center that lets you park for free, and has a shuttle that takes you to United Center. As far as where to eat, this will be a first time to Chicago for me, so I don't know the best places, but I hear there is a Diner near United Center  that is really good. Sorry, can't recall the name of the tavern, or the diner.

All i ask of U2 is that they drop vertigo, beautiful day, with or without you, one and all those crowd pleasers.  Bono if you are reading this I´m your biggest fan but I want to hear some of the stuff i missed out on because I wasnt born yet :). Elvis Presley and America, Prominade, Sort of Homecoming and of course the entire new album! For me the highlight of the last tour was Zooropa and Ultraviolet....little more of that, don´t play it safe.  All the shows are sold out anyway so its not like people aren´t going to buy tickets. 

A group of us are having a few meet ups in Chicago. There is a whole group on Facebook. I sent u a message but u never opened it. The first meet-up is at Pippins It is the Friday night after first 2 concerts. I can give u all kinds of info. Are you on Facebook? If so you should join our group. Through Deena Dietrich@OntheroadwithU2iE ChicagoMeetUp

When I came up for 360 the Irish pub by the Hilton on South Michigan was packed with U2 fans. I think that might have been because Soldier Field was right across the street though. If you locals hear of anything please let us outoftowners know!

Sign in to follow this