Sign in to follow this  
Anjana

Zootop get together?

Hello zooies,

I was just boiling the kettle for yet another cuppa and musing idly about the upcoming tour..and how soon it is now! Remember how exciting it was sharing our experiences in here during the last tour and how great it was with live feeds and live posts? Good times:)

I have made a lot of friends in here since the last tour and have always said I hope to get to meet some of you when the next tour comes round. I was so hoping we could arrange the same tour dates so we could all meet up and even be near each other during the gigs shouting and screaming and singing our hearts out together:))  but the shame (for me at least) is with such short notice on pre-sales and ticket limits etc it wasn't really possible to arrange dates with friends here so we got to meet each other at the event itself. I know some of us will meet here and there or on an individual basis, and nowt wrong with that, but I was hoping more for something more 'organised' - you know?

Anyway, I am in the UK and whilst I know this sort of stuff has been bandied around before, would any of you be genuinely interested in trying to organise a proper get together with food, drink and music, during the tour regardless of where each of us are going to see the band?!

What do you think?

At the moment, if there is sufficient interest, I was thinking of a meet up somewhere in the Midlands could be fair travel-wise and maybe less expensive for all rather than London? Or would most prefer London? Your thoughts on this would be welcome.

If no one replies I will be secretly mortified but will try and act cool and breezy about it whilst singing karaoke alone in a bar somewhere doing U2 songs a huge disservice since I can't hold a note...

Apologies for the long post, brevity and conciseness were never a strong point!!  ^_^

Anj x

(Mods - could this thread stay in the general forum or upstairs so most people can see it..pretty please with bells on it) :D

Edited by Anjana

I'd be interested in a Zoo meet-up. For me personally, somewhere like Birmingham would be ideal, but I might be able to get to other places depending on time/date.

As you said, some of us may get to meet up at the shows, but an event like this would be more inclusive to those who haven't been able to afford or get hold of tickets as it gives everyone a chance to get together and catch up so that hopefully people won't feel left out.

Thanx Becks, yes I was thinking Brum area. 

I figured since we're not getting a zootops only gig (yet;) that we should create one of our own!!

D.I.Y gathering!!

I'm thinking if I still lived in London, I'd so totally be there!

I'm in! I agree, Midlands would probably be better for everyone. 

I would need some notice so I could plan around the Mr's rota so he's home for the kids (he has to work some weekends too)

Such a great idea Anj! If we can get a hall my dad has a professional sound system for the tunes :)

Is it a bit unrealistic to think that we could hire a cinema auditorium to show one of the old live shows? :P

Oooh! My other half has an alcohol license if that helps :D

We could all chip in for the cost, if we get lots of interest it will fairly cheap for everyone.

Wish you could Mich, shame an international meet is a logistical nightmare

Oh, don't worry Anj....I'm a long drawn out confession too...Never was a genius of compression....

oooh excited already!!

That's great Rhi, think a screen(ing) of some kind could be fab, great idea and sound system/license... :D  :D  :D and yes we could all chip in to overall cost (own travel fares of course)....and a flight for Mich...

I was thinking summertime before the UK leg of the tour and after the tour is well underway - they'll be lots to talk about!

Could I get in on Mich's ticket???

Always wanted to come to your fair land, and meeting up with the zootops would be amazing.... 

(I know, I know, I'm not around enough.....  no one knows who I am any more!!  :unsure: but I'm still a zootop in my heart!!)

Could I get in on Mich's ticket???

Always wanted to come to your fair land, and meeting up with the zootops would be amazing.... 

(I know, I know, I'm not around enough.....  no one knows who I am any more!!  :unsure: but I'm still a zootop in my heart!!)

hellooooooooooooooo  :D  :D  :D

I'd be interested as well but it depends on the the date and how high the plane tickets are :) but if they are like 20/30/35 euros, count me in :D

Brilliant Jen:))

Josh, hope to give as much notice as poss, likely to be summer and booked well in advance:)

Btw, do zootops with little ones prefer during school summer hols or outside of summer hols (depending on what we end up doing)?

I'm thinking if I still lived in London, I'd so totally be there!

Egging you on... you know the exchange rate from usd to euro is really good right now... ;-)

oh bring your dog!!!  it would be great to meet all of the zootop dogs :-)

280sw007883.gif

Knew this was a good find Anj ;)

Love that interest is gathering, perhaps you should drop BW a message and ask for the post to be pinned

Oh and term time or hols is fine for me, it really depends on Nick's rota for me, hotel and travel prices are higher in the holidays, something to consider

OH OH OH BRAINWAVE! 
Maybe we could have a word with a one of the bigwigs to see if they could pass a message above, maybe we could put in a plea for a real time screening of one of the live shows, they put Rosebowl out on YouTube, so they might consider it...don't ask you don't get 

OH OH OH BRAINWAVE! 

Maybe we could have a word with a one of the bigwigs to see if they could pass a message above, maybe we could put in a plea for a real time screening of one of the live shows, they put Rosebowl out on YouTube, so they might consider it...don't ask you don't get 

That would be amazing! 

As you said, if we don't ask, we don't get. Anything is possible...

OH OH OH BRAINWAVE! 

That would be amazing! 

As you said, if we don't ask, we don't get. Anything is possible...

Exactly, plus we'd be more likely to get interest because it would really appeal to those who couldn't get tickets, the more interest we can get the more we can do because we're sharing the cost. 

Failing that, how about one of the good tribute bands, just throwing ideas around

OH OH OH BRAINWAVE! 

Omigod that is so weird I just came in with the same ish idea of a live feed on the evening!! :D  :D We could sing along live wheeeeeeeeee

Also a fair point about cost of accommodation in peak season, as the European leg is at the end of summer here would Sept be a good idea, they'll feel closer to home when in Europe too?