Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

I have RZ tickets for Paris in November, can't wait! Anyone here who already went to RZ on this tour, how was it - the layout, the crowds etc?

How was the experience yesterday? How many in each RZ? Well located, close to stage/catwalk? Nice to see the big screen? 

Also curious!

I have red zone a week from today... someone fill us in! Is the red zone by the second, smaller stage?

Edited by dugadams

Dugadams--no, as it turns out, the RZ is along the outer portions of the main stage (!), with some "arms" going further back to the sides (not the central catwalk).

So yeah, RZ-ers:  How many people are in these doggone things?  (per side).

Also, how far in on the main stage do the RZs go?  From some picks, looks like maybe 1/3 of the way to the center?

Finally, for people who got on the main stage rail, how long were you in the RZ line?

And, how was it determined which side you were on? If I want to be on Adam's size in the red zone, can I choose?

And, how was it determined which side you were on? If I want to be on Adam's size in the red zone, can I choose?

No, you can't.  Look at your tix; it will specify one side or the other.  There's no changing sides--or at least, that's how RZ tix have been described before last night's show.

They sold them as RZ1 or RZ2, not sure which is which, though...

They sold them as RZ1 or RZ2, not sure which is which, though...

OK, thanks! I have RZ1.Curious which side that is...

In the 360 tour, RZ1 was Edge's side.  So likely it still is.  Can Vancouver RZers confirm?

RZ1 = Adam

RZ2 = Edge

Wow, really?  RZ1 = Adam, RZ2 = Edge?  Opposite of 360 tour.  Also, 1) How many people on each side?  And how far in from the side does the RZ go on the front rail?  (Looks like maybe the outer 1/3 of the front rail).

And finally, how much time did they spend at the main stage, the e-stage, and in-between (on the catwalk?)

And how early did you get there? I heard from someone else the lines were all screwed up for GA and Red Zone.

Red zone was awesome! Doing it again tonight both times Adam's side - North Side! I posted a bunch about it on my Twitter & Instagram - links in profile

Twitter - @_Shannon387

Instagram - @Shannon387

Tho i will say Bono spends a lot of time on the I walk and at the 'e'. Band spends a time in the middle too - that screen is insane! Can't see them at all if your at the front rail and they are at the 'e', which i was. Overall loved my experience. When they were up front i felt like I could shake their hand, seriously. tho B & E give the North side a little more love... ;)

thank you!  I just followed you on Instagaram @Padmalatha.  What time did you line up?  Enjoy the show tonight, I have RZ for Denver 2!

I must say, based on my observations from GA at last nights show, I would prefer GA. In fact, I have RZ tix for tonight's show but will do everything in my power to make sure I get back into GA. RZ just seems too far disconnected.

That said, I am glad that Shannon had a great time. Perhaps she was up close but that's only in a very small section.

I must say, based on my observations from GA at last nights show, I would prefer GA. In fact, I have RZ tix for tonight's show but will do everything in my power to make sure I get back into GA. RZ just seems too far disconnected.

That said, I am glad that Shannon had a great time. Perhaps she was up close but that's only in a very small section.

Why do you say this?  Can you elaborate?  Oh, and by the way, on the 360 tour RZ folks could go into regular GA if they wanted to.  Let us know if that works out for you; would be good to know.

Perhaps what you're saying is that only that one portion of the RZ is up against the main stage, and that that's "very small"?  That is, that most RZ folks end up in the "L" part along the sides?

Edited by mike7man

Red zone was awesome! Doing it again tonight both times Adam's side - North Side! I posted a bunch about it on my Twitter & Instagram - links in profile

Twitter - @_Shannon387

Instagram - @Shannon387

Tho i will say Bono spends a lot of time on the I walk and at the 'e'. Band spends a time in the middle too - that screen is insane! Can't see them at all if your at the front rail and they are at the 'e', which i was. Overall loved my experience. When they were up front i felt like I could shake their hand, seriously. tho B & E give the North side a little more love... ;)

SO to clarify, the Red Zones flank the main stage, not the "e-stage"...?  Thanks...Shannon

Why do you say this?  Can you elaborate?  Oh, and by the way, on the 360 tour RZ folks could go into regular GA if they wanted to.  Let us know if that works out for you; would be good to know.

Perhaps what you're saying is that only that one portion of the RZ is up against the main stage, and that that's "very small"?  That is, that most RZ folks end up in the "L" part along the sides?

Hi @TheeEdge ... so the Red Zones Flank the mainstage?  not the e-stage. correct?

Yes, the main stage, not the e-stage.  This is completely clear now; multiple sources, photos, etc.  The RZs form outward "L"-shapes, with flanks that run along the outer sides of GA, and a "bend" that directly abuts the sides of the main stage.  Regular GA still has most of the main stage rail, though.

Sign in to follow this