Sign in to follow this  
pluck77

Evenko website now has redzone on opposite end of the state

Hey Guys,

just wondering if anyone else noted that the stage seems to be switched around on the evenko website from when tix first went on sale. the day of the presale i bought section 123 seats that were next to the red zone thinking id be near the main stage. I went today to buy tix for the 3rd show and noticed now that the redzone is on the opposite. meaning the main stage is next to the opposite as well.

when i paid 300 dollars a piece for seats, i thought being next to the redzone would mean being next to the main stage only to see today every things changed. now my pricey seats are on the other end of the stadium.

this may be my last u2 show. they should have had the exact layout on the website the day of the ticket sales.

post-306834-0-23276600-1433353683_thumb.jpg

post-306834-0-63888300-1433353693_thumb.jpg

Pluck, they just changed the location of the Red Zone, it is now by the i stage instead of the e stage... this was discussed ad-nauseum in other threads when the RZ's were finalized a few days before the show's started.... RZ was always indicated by the e stage (or b stage/secondary stage/etc) before the onsale throughout these forums (until Live Nation placed the RZ by i stage few days before shows started), not sure where you got the idea that RZ was by main stage originally....  just saying.

Stage itself has NOT been flipped around, just RZ changed ends.... you will still have an excellent view, you are close to smaller/more intimate e stage.

Sorry for you if you don't like that set-up, & you're right that it could have been better indicated to ticket buyers that don't spend time on these forums, which is probably a lot of people who have bought tickets.....

Enjoy the show anyway, I don't think you'll be disappointed after.   

Interesting new chart Babyface, I have been on the Evenko site today and the old chart is still showing for me, where did this come up for you?  Based on those two charts, passenger 789 is right, nothing really changed as far as the orientation of the main and e-stages, it just moved the red zone to the now-actual position.  Stubhub has it all opposite though, but the above chart leads me now to believe Stubhub got it wrong.

They could have been more clear for sure. but thats it i guess.

I guess it was my mistake. I was really busy before the pre sales so i wasn't on the forums looking around. so once i got in it was a mad rush to get my seats. when i seen the red zone i figured it was by the mainstage for sure.

I'm  little disappointed but i'm sure it will still be great. id much prefer being close to the more lively stage than the intimate. but it could be worse! 

popartist, i just went to the regular evenko site and when you select your seat, that chart came up.

popartist, i just went to the regular evenko site and when you select your seat, that chart came up.

Weird, I am still getting the other old chart, even now. (shrug)

Weird, I am still getting the other old chart, even now. (shrug)

i hope yours are right.haha

FWIW, the image seems to have changed again on evenko.  RZ now showing down by e stage again.

post-357082-0-11326500-1433452137_thumb.png

Edited by train racer

FWIW, the image seems to have changed again on evenko.  RZ now showing down by e stage again.

Train, right now @ 7:40pm Montreal time, it is back to normal (the real i + e drawing, no change to RZ) ... you probably fell on an IT blip....

Not sure what "normal" is anymore :-)

As of right now, they're selling "Red Zone 2"  tickets near the i stage ... with RZ labelled down by e.

Maybe different browsers / mobile vs. desktop sites / flash vs. non-flash?  Who knows, really.

It'll all be clear a week from today ... enjoy the show, folks!

post-357082-0-61034300-1433512836_thumb.png

It's a browser thing, not a link thing.  On IE (that's the browser, not the tour), it shows the image on the left in pluck's original post (RZ labeled by the i Stage).

On Chrome, it shows the images as I've been posting them.

My Android phone & iPad don't show any images at all.  Probably because the map is backed by Flash.

Bottom line:  I think we all know where the RZ is now.

It's a browser thing, not a link thing.  On IE (that's the browser, not the tour), it shows the image on the left in pluck's original post (RZ labeled by the i Stage).

On Chrome, it shows the images as I've been posting them.

My Android phone & iPad don't show any images at all.  Probably because the map is backed by Flash.

Bottom line:  I think we all know where the RZ is now.

We do?  Because the email they sent is totally different (ie. near the main stage).  Which is it: near the "e" stage or the main stage?

Bottom line: I think we all know where the RZ is now.

We do? Because the email they sent is totally different (ie. near the main stage). Which is it: near the "e" stage or the main stage?

Consensus seems to be that it is by the main (i) stage. Anything showing it by e is either old and/or from a Chrome browser.

All shows so far have had RZ near the "i"/main stage and not the "e" stage. Montreal is unlikely to be any different.

Edited by kwaite

I can confirm the entire layout was switched 180 degrees from the layout that was shown when tickets were first sold in December. I bought tickets in section 105 for last night expecting to be in front of everything. I walked into the arena and find that I'm in back of the stage. No notice was given to ticket buyers and I wasn't the only one affected by it. The Bell Centre rectified the situation after some arguing, but still. More than 5000 people who bought tickets expecting to be facing the stage got a pretty big shock last night. And evenko kept quiet. 

What do you mean by "rectified"?  I was in 207, thought I'd be looking way across @ main stage, but was behind  ... had no idea about "the screen" thing (went into blackout for fear of setlist spoilers).  Don't get me wrong, loved the setlist last night ... and, yes, I bought the $40 tickets ... but figured it's be a smidge better than the experience we got.

I can confirm the entire layout was switched 180 degrees from the layout that was shown when tickets were first sold in December. I bought tickets in section 105 for last night expecting to be in front of everything. I walked into the arena and find that I'm in back of the stage. No notice was given to ticket buyers and I wasn't the only one affected by it. The Bell Centre rectified the situation after some arguing, but still. More than 5000 people who bought tickets expecting to be facing the stage got a pretty big shock last night. And evenko kept quiet. 

This is exactly my experience (no pun intended) as well.

I was supposed to be in front of the stage and ended up looking at the guys' backheads, the equipment racks and whatnot.

In close to 20 years of buying show tickets I have never, ever seen something this messed up.

Back in december, the two seperate RZ's were shown to be right next to section 115 (left side) and 123 (right side), which is reverse of the actual layout and what the ticketing system is now showing.

The staff member I spoke with did not seem to be aware nor did he seem to care. But they made it right for you, so that means I should've argued and argued until they agree to do something ?!? How messed up.

I have contacted Envenko today and they're saying there's nothing they can do about it now that the show is over. How 'bout contacting me before hand to offer different seats? Talk about lousy service!

Sign in to follow this