Sign in to follow this  
jojodee

MY PRESALE CODE DIDN'T WORK!

Joe I got the email but my code is not working (I know it off by heart at this stage!!), very frustrating, especially when you see tickets up for resale already. 

I rang the U2 helpline (Which is in Orange County, so it probably cost me a fortune!!) and when i eventually got through the girl told me to refresh my browser. I had a little giggle and tried it, needless to say it didn't work. There's obviously a database of pre-sale codes that ticketmaster haven't linked to so it's not recognising them. Bono is such a champion of tech yet the people responsible can't even get this right!!

Saw a post early on about clearing cache, I've tried 3 browsers,  cleared my cache, restarted my laptop, downloaded the ticketmaster app onto my phone and the code still doesn't work!

Ah, this is very disappointing.

Having to pack up my laptop now to drive down the country for the next few hours. I'll come back online later and there'll be no availability.

FIX THIS!

Big Wave, Max & mich40 -> what are the chances that us affected people have missed out already on these tickets??

We really don't know but we are reporting all the problems.

I DID GET EMAIL EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY CODE SAVED AND PUT AWAY SPECIALLY FOR DUBLIN, IT WORKED NO PROBLEM :)  I KNOW THIS IS CLASSIC "IM ALRIGHT JACK" COS IT WORKED FOR ME BUT THIS IS THE FAIREST TICKET PRESALE-SALE EVER. I HAVNT MISSED AN IRISH TOUR SINCE 1980,AND A COUPLE OF TIMES HAD TO PAY THROUGH THE NOSE TO TICKET TOUTS. HOPFULLY EVERYONE HERE GETS SORTED!!

Mine didn't work either - i'm a subscriber since 2009 & from Ireland and haven't used it yet.  FFS, going to cry

When did you resubscribe last Debbie?

May 2015

After reading the above posts, I changed from ticketmaster.ie to ticketmaster.co.uk- the format was different-

and I thought it was going to work for a couple of seconds- but NO!! :blink:

After reading the above posts, I changed from ticketmaster.ie to ticketmaster.co.uk- the format was different-

as you were not an active subscriber (we are told) at the time of the announcement, then unfortunately you are not eligible... sorry 

Sorry to hear you are all having issues...I had the best experience ever, code worked first time and tickets purchased in about 3 minutes. I am a paid subscriber since begining, and copy/pasted in code from the email. I have my fingers crossed your issues are sorted soon.

as you were not an active subscriber (we are told) at the time of the announcement, then unfortunately you are not eligible... sorry 

But I was a subscriber when the tour dates were announced in December last year, I did receive a presale code, I wasn't to know when the Dublin dates would be announced. It was clearly stated that these codes would be eligible when the Dublin dates would be announced, there was no proviso- "if by that time you are still a subscriber" if it had been stated- of course I would have resubscribed. Now I have resubscribed today- I have paid 2 subscriptions and have no access to the presale. I am not so much annoyed about the situation, as the lack of clarity. 

I just rang U2.com (thank you Joe OLeary hadn't thought of that!) and got a new code it worked and I got two tickets, there did seem to be availability (I just took what I was given, happy to be in the door). 

Hopefully everyone gets sorted. Good Luck!

I just rang U2.com (thank you Joe OLeary hadn't thought of that!) and got a new code it worked and I got two tickets, there did seem to be availability (I just took what I was given, happy to be in the door). 

Hopefully everyone gets sorted. Good Luck!

can you add number you rang / who you spoke to (PM if you prefer)

ok, think people are ringing this number (from outside USA) 001-949-333-4820 +001 855 867 5297

But I was a subscriber when the tour dates were announced in December last year, I did receive a presale code, I wasn't to know when the Dublin dates would be announced. It was clearly stated that these codes would be eligible when the Dublin dates would be announced, there was no proviso- "if by that time you are still a subscriber" if it had been stated- of course I would have resubscribed. Now I have resubscribed today- I have paid 2 subscriptions and have no access to the presale. I am not so much annoyed about the situation, as the lack of clarity. 

Best advice would be to ring this number, 001-949-333-4820 +001 855 867 5297 (from outside USA) and explain fully, 

Hi Guys

I rang 0018558675297 spoke to a guy called Brian. I told him my issue and he put me on hold to speak to a 'floor lead'. When he came back on he GAVE ME A NEW CODE Worked then!!!! Good luck everyone.

Hi Guys

I rang 0018558675297 spoke to a guy called Brian. I told him my issue and he put me on hold to speak to a 'floor lead'. When he came back on he GAVE ME A NEW CODE Worked then!!!! Good luck everyone.

thanks joe

+001 855 867 5297

Changed my code, 2 tickets GA sat night :D

good luck everyone

I just phoned this number...I've been told that my pre-sale code is valid for the area that I come from. I live in Derry (Northern Ireland) and as this is classified as the UK, I am not permitted to buy any tickets in today's pre-sale. Apparently (per conversation with U2.com support guy) today's pre-sale is only for people living in the Republic or North of Ireland and as I've been classified as living in the UK, I can't use my pre-sale code until tomorrow.

FUBAR'd.

Sign in to follow this