Sign in to follow this  

Did anyone else realise the ticket limit was 2 per household across all 6 Irish shows? I'd hoped to be able to go to more than one night.

Had thought the limit was 2 tickets per night.

Edited by aidso

Did anyone else release the ticket limit was 2 per household across all 6 Irish shows? I'd hoped to be able to go to more than one night.

Had thought the limit was 2 tickets per night.

First I heard of that and not sure it's true

I emailed ticketmaster to clarify, this was their response:

Thank you for your email.

The ticket limit for this event is 2 tickets per household, not per night. Any ticket limit exceeded will result in bookings being cancelled.

they allow 2 tickets per household/name/credit card/address, can be a bit unfair if there are 4 fans living in the same house/family.

I emailed ticketmaster to clarify, this was their response:

Thank you for your email.

The ticket limit for this event is 2 tickets per household, not per night. Any ticket limit exceeded will result in bookings being cancelled.

But how are people supposed to know that ? Where does it state that in any of the adverts ?

Q - I bought my 2 tickets during the pre-sale, can I buy more in the public sale?
A - Yes, rules for pre-sales do not affect public / general sales.

That's why I asked them if it was across all 6 Belfast and Dublin shows and they came back with the '2 per household not per night' response. I'd be very happy if someone else wanted to check this out with them!

I sent a msg to customer support on Thursday asking if I got a seat in the presales for one specific night with my debit card/ could I try my luck for a different night with the same card.

Answer I got back: Your only allow to purchase two tickets per card, per household and per name.

I sent back asking to clarify as that is what is in the FAQ but that would seem like for one show in the presales and as Pete The Chop says whats contained in the FAQ here.

I got no reply back!! So I'm not chancing it- as I think the rules can change!

Surely this cant be right on the Household issue.Example i booked 2GA for Dublin 4  & my housemate 2GA for the same show.1We have different Surnames 2 Booked on different Cards 3 We are not related 4 2 Separate U2.com Subs.So how can Ticketmaster then turn around and cancel 1 of our Orders when the only thing we have in common is we share rent on a house with 2 others.

Surely this cant be right on the Household issue.Example i booked 2GA for Dublin 4  & my housemate 2GA for the same show.1We have different Surnames 2 Booked on different Cards 3 We are not related 4 2 Separate U2.com Subs.So how can Ticketmaster then turn around and cancel 1 of our Orders when the only thing we have in common is we share rent on a house with 2 others.

agree with you- I live in the sticks where there are maybe around 200 people in the townland- we all have the same address!! There is a family with the same surname as mine in the same townland and if one of them decided to get a ticket(hope they don't) but it seems crazy the way the rule is worded..

They can't just make up the rules as they go along

Its a mess at this stage

If they actually limit it to 2 tickets per person/card/house I can see a huge percentage of the tickets being cancelled.

Maybe its just a bluff to deter people .

Myself and my wife will both be trying for tickets separately at work,what happens if we both buy at the same time ?

Will our tickets be cancelled ??

My brother lives near me,he has the same address ,as do about 100 other people on my road ,and he will be trying to get tickets.

We have no postcodes in Ireland so the address can be shared by loads of people.

Edited by Fano

It's bit crap because one person can go to multiple shows as long as they go with a different person, with a different address, who's bought tickets.

I understand all the rules are to try and be fair to everyone, but it just makes things very, very complicated. 

It often ends up working against the very people they are trying to protect.

No matter what, MONEY is king- if you have plenty of it- you can find a way round most obstacles, and if you don't you're up against it.

I'm trying to think about it- free gigs where you have to answer a series of U2 related questions in order to get in- :P and you get fined if you get them wrong and have to go home :lol:

I posted this in a different thread but no wonder we are confused:

The initial official announcement says "2 per person / transaction".  Then later, "There is a (presale) limit of two tickets per subscription".

The later U2 news article says "Tickets for the Irish shows go on sale at 9am on Monday 14th September, will be limited to 2 per purchaser" which to me, is different.

​Ticketmaster just says "Please adhere to published ticket limits."

SSE Arena website says "Ticket limit 2 per transaction" which is more like the first one again!

3 Arena website says "2 per purchaser" again.

On the US leg, presale limits and public sale limits did not get added together, it was OK to buy on both, regardless of whether it was the exact same date or not.

I don't want to risk any cancellations later on....

Edited by suziem

Its a mess at this stage

If they actually limit it to 2 tickets per person/card/house I can see a huge percentage of the tickets being cancelled.

Myself and my wife will both be trying for tickets separately at work,what happens if we both buy at the same time ?

My brother lives near me,he has the same address ,as do about 100 other people on my road ,and he will be trying to get tickets.

We have no postcodes in Ireland so the address can be shared by loads of people.

Well we had better start using our new post codes !! Loads of people are in the same situation and I'm sure it will be ok !!

Its a mess at this stage

Well we had better start using our new post codes !! Loads of people are in the same situation and I'm sure it will be ok !!

I had the new postcode in my billing information as it is needed in one of the required field boxes- but that changed to ALL OF IRELAND for some reason when I submit... maybe I did something wrong but thats the way it is on checking it!!

I am here in the US - For another concert recently in NY for my daughter, she bought 4 tickets using one of my credit cards and I bought 2 tickets with different one of my credit cards ( my name and billing same on both) for a concert that had a 4 ticket limit and by the end of the day I had an email cancelling the order with 2 tickets, leaving the 4 that remained on the other card. However, when I called them, they said those were the published limits and I was lucky not to have both orders cancelled. So they do cancel - however it might be arbitrary.

Most people  will have the same problem here - Would like more than one show if it is possible to get any tix at all. But it would be good to know in advance if you are risking the original 2 you buy. Not too many ways around people in same household with same billing address. If last names are different you might be OK. Otherwise - borrow a friend or loved ones cc and address and account for the second order-

werid question

i bought 2 tickets using my dads credit card in the presale (we live in the same address) but in the public sale can someone use my debit card to get tickets using there ticketmaster accout (the tickets would be posted to there address not mine) or because the billing for both those transactions are from the same address its not possible ???

There's a limit of two per show (per household or purchaser or whatever). There's also a presale limit of two, total.

So you can use the code to get two, for one or two concerts (two tix for one concert or one for each of two concerts, if you go on your own - I asked).

You can then get two more, for a different show, in the public sale, not using the code. That's not breaking the rules. However, it would be if you bought these tickets for the same show, from the same billing address.

Sorry to add to the confusion but this was not what I was told when I called TM yesterday.

I said I had purchased two tickets for Dublin in pre sale and my flat mate wanted to try for tickets tomorrow in the general sale.

I was told if my flat mate was at the same address as me the tickets would be cancelled. That the limit was per household per event.

I said that was unfair because we are different people, not me going twice. The guy said that was the restriction in place because the demand was so high. I don't think it's fair but that's what I was told. The announcements all say different things, per transaction or per household and it's really unclear but if you're tickets are cancelled then they are gone so probably not worth the risk.

werid question

i bought 2 tickets using my dads credit card in the presale (we live in the same address) but in the public sale can someone use my debit card to get tickets using there ticketmaster accout (the tickets would be posted to there address not mine) or because the billing for both those transactions are from the same address its not possible ???

I don't believe you can choose to post to an address other than the billing address.

So it's looking like, anyone lucky enough to get through and pull 2 tickets to the same show as bought on presale, would need to borrow mum or dad's card (or someone at a totally different address) to complete the sale.  Then if they're GA, take their credit card and ID on a little holiday to Ireland in November!

Sign in to follow this