Sign in to follow this  
michaelmctiernan

Music Generation Zone

So I'm guessing the Music Generation Zone for the Dublin concerts is the same as the Red Zone? Vip entrance etc.

They also say "An opportunity to be selected for pre-show backstage tour"

Does anyone know how this is organised?  

As you check in to get your wristbands there is an ipad and you just hit the button and it will say you win or not. I'm sure it's going to be exactly the same as red zone.

They normally let you onto the arena floor after the first batch of 40/50 people get in from GA queue. You don't have to go directly into the redzone, you can go into GA if you want.

So you could get straight onto the barrier close to the main stage or catwalk or e-stage. Bearing in mind though that you don't really see the full effect of the screen if you're right on the barrier in GA. If it's your first time seeing it I'd stay in redzone so that way you are close enough and can see the screen too.

But the setup for MGZ is a different layout to what RZ has been for other shows. Personally I don't like this layout, & much prefer the location of the normal RZ's. For the MGZ in Dublin, you're either up against the catwalk (not the main stage or e-stage), with little in the way of views of the screen (if it's in it's usual location above the catwalk) & looking over GA to the main stage, or you're further from the catwalk, won't get very close to the band, have views of the screen, but again looking over GA towards the main stage.

Personally, for Dublin I'd do GA. If I was to do MGZ I'd probably start out on the GA floor near the e-stage, then move back to MGZ if I wanted to relax a bit more.

Edited by ddarroch

I'm sure this will probably be the same for the Belfast gigs too! Anyone else going to MGZ in Belfast?

For Belfast, the layout of the MGZ is the same as the usual RZ layout, so located in a better spot on the floor than at Dublin.

If you want to get as close to the band as possible, & are happy to wait in line, I'd recommend arriving early (4pm?), & once the gates open claim a spot up at the front of the MGZ against the main stage rail. After 4 songs, if you've had enough of being up close, & would like to see the show in a more relaxed atmosphere, taking in the shows visuals, I'd move towards the rear of the MGZ. If you're feeling mobile, & again would like to get quite close to the band, during the intermission (or 1 song after), I'd leave the MGZ & move towards the the rear of the arena, by the e-stage. Watch the band perform here for 4-7 songs, before returning to the MGZ.

For Belfast, the layout of the MGZ is the same as the usual RZ layout, so located in a better spot on the floor than at Dublin.

If you want to get as close to the band as possible, & are happy to wait in line, I'd recommend arriving early (4pm?), & once the gates open claim a spot up at the front of the MGZ against the main stage rail. After 4 songs, if you've had enough of being up close, & would like to see the show in a more relaxed atmosphere, taking in the shows visuals, I'd move towards the rear of the MGZ. If you're feeling mobile, & again would like to get quite close to the band, during the intermission (or 1 song after), I'd leave the MGZ & move towards the the rear of the arena, by the e-stage. Watch the band perform here for 4-7 songs, before returning to the MGZ.

Cheers and thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I'm in North side upper seats on Wednesday and MGZ2 in Belfast on Thursday. From what I can gather we should be receiving an e-mail about MGZ in the next day or two. Is that correct?

I'm in North side upper seats on Wednesday and MGZ2 in Belfast on Thursday. From what I can gather we should be receiving an e-mail about MGZ in the next day or two. Is that correct?

Hi Belfastmick,

Just checked my e-mails and got my MGZ this evening shortly after 18:00. Fairly self-explanatory details. Check your e-mail for yours/

Hi Belfastmick,

Just checked my e-mails and got my MGZ this evening shortly after 18:00. Fairly self-explanatory details. Check your e-mail for yours/

Good man Martymc. I got the e-mail. Cheers

Edited by Belfastmick

Hi Belfastmick,

I'm in the same zone as yourself so there's a fair chance I could bump into on Thursday night.

Hi Belfastmick,

I'm in the same zone as yourself so there's a fair chance I could bump into on Thursday night.

Good stuff. Really looking forward to both nights

Hey guys, I'm a bit worried as I have [confirmed] MZ tickets for Friday and Saturday night. This happened to me in NYC with RZ as well and Emma+some community folks here helped. Not sure why I don't have the mails yet as my friends going MZ have rec'd them. Any advice??

Sign in to follow this