Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

U2 @ The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital #Dreamfest Live Thread

Glad to see at least one U2 fan won :)  He is going to have a great time.

Edited by hadilley

I messaged the company that ran the draw and they responded today saying all winners were notified Friday night. Bummer!! I've only know of 2 people who won (including Tim).

Edited by shaz1992

where did you get there are 50 winners?

@hadilley hopefully all of them are U2 fans even not famous ones :)

I am curious if anyone on this board is attending the Dreamfest show this week in San Francisco?  I am attending the Dreamforce (Salesforce.com) conference which includes admittance to the show on Wednesday night.  I am thankful that my company is footing the bill for the conference as $1,000+ for a concert only ticket is crazy.  But I don't think any of my colleagues have the desire to line up early for a good spot near the stage and I am wondering if there will even by that many real fans at this show.  Would be great to connect with anyone who might be there.

I live in SF coincidentally quite close to this venue (Cow Palace).  Paid a visit over the weekend to check out the setup.  The show is outdoors behind the actual arena (show will also be streamed inside) and as of Saturday the stage was taking shape.  See picture - I had to climb through a couple of fences and through a lot of brush to get this close!

post-359264-0-15809900-1475531100_thumb.jpg

I messaged the company that ran the draw and they responded today saying all winners were notified Friday night. Bummer!! I've only know of 2 people who won (including Tim).

Was it by phone or email? I've been out of the country since Friday morning and will be back late tonight. Haven't been able to check my phone messages. That would be an awesome welcome home to have that message waiting!

Was it by phone or email? I've been out of the country since Friday morning and will be back late tonight. Haven't been able to check my phone messages. That would be an awesome welcome home to have that message waiting!

They didn't say how they notified the winners, but one person said they got an email. I also read in the rules that if you didn't respond within 24 hours they give your space to an alternate. So hopefully you don't have any messages waiting for you when you get back, as it would be worse to have won but not been able to respond in time!

There sure will be real fans at the show!

Really wish I was going.

If only I had won the draw.

So close (Palo Alto), yet so far away.

Wow, you really worked your way through some obstacles to take that photo for us !  Thanks, man ! Good photo, too !

They didn't say how they notified the winners, but one person said they got an email. I also read in the rules that if you didn't respond within 24 hours they give your space to an alternate. So hopefully you don't have any messages waiting for you when you get back, as it would be worse to have won but not been able to respond in time!

Bigwave. If people have not received an email yet, can we presume that all the 50 pairs of tickets winners have been notified? Do you know by any chance?

not sure of how many people were able to get tickets. but think by now all have been notified

They announced that they were giving away 50 pair of tickets last week.

i must have missed that number, do you have a link?

I also read they were giving away 50 pairs of tickets in the contest rules when you entered. I don't have the link because the contest is over & link no longer works - but I definitely read that.

They announced that they were giving away 50 pair of tickets last week.

i must have missed that number, do you have a l

Yeah, I read it on the rules also, 50 pairs of tickets.

I also read they were giving away 50 pairs of tickets in the contest rules when you entered. I don't have the link because the contest is over & link no longer works - but I definitely read that.

I read it as well. It was in the official rules. I think that's why people were so excited, that's a good number of tickets :)

That video clip is great.  Looks like there will be a pit / inner circle (heart, ellipse).  I hope that is open to the general attendees and not just the high roller donors and VIP's.  There needs to be good energy at the front of the stage.

I plan on heading over to line up around 3PM or 4PM myself.  Will be decked out in my green I&E tour shirt from Dublin :).  Hope to meet up with a few die hards.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Some nonseasonal rain this morning in SF.

-davidj

There sure will be real fans at the show!

Really wish I was going.

If only I had won the draw.

So close (Palo Alto), yet so far away.

I would love to know who won the contest. Is it posted anywhere?

Entered, didn't get picked. Sad face.

Sign in to follow this