Ender

So... This Joshua Tree Tour Thing...

97 posts in this topic

Lone Justice really good band they supported U2 at the Wembley Stadium show I went to =0)

Thanks. One person at least. Loved them. Her solo albums have some great stuff too. Springsteen used a few of them when he toured behind Lucky Town/Human Touch.

Nope, not the only one. Loved them. Huuuge crush on Maria. Also saw them open for Tom Petty.

I am so envious.  The closest I came was, as I said, when Springsteen toured Human Touch/Lucky Town without the E Street Band and used members of Lone Justice as his touring band.  It was a great show.  They sounded incredible.  (All props to the E Street Band)

If you have not heard it...listen to Maria McKee's cover of My Lonely Sad Eyes, which was written by none other than Van Morrison.  It is pure bliss and off her second solo album-You Gotta Sin to Be Saved.  I still listen to Shelter start to finish. I still listen to her solo albums.  

"Sometimes I feel you so close by it takes all my mind to keep from trying to track you down.  I know the sound of your wheels...Yea-ah."...maybe in heaven I shall see them live.

It is, in my mind, one of the two best cds of 1987.  Anyone know the other one?  It was soooooooooo nice to not have to endure hair metal and hear something of substance.

I know Shelter was released in 1986 but it did not hit the airwaves here until 1987, and only minimally.  I wonder if that has anything to do with them opening for U2.  I saw the video on MTV a few times but it was always late at night.  Then MTV played the live version of Wheels and only a short time and then nothing.  I was frantic because I could not remember the name of the band or the songs.  I went over to my best friend's house one night and he told me he bought the greatest cd he had ever heard and would not tell me what it was.

It started playing. Shelter began to play and with that I end.

POP *Please*

I am curious if anyone out there bought and still has their, Pop pins.  It was a set of three and I think it cost $14.  Mine are sitting and waiting for the tour.

Does anyone else have them?   It's just an indulgent question so pardon me.

I've way too much time on my hands for a few weeks yet.   sigh   lol     So any Pop pins???????

These ones?

pop-pins_zpsdawa1hjg.jpg

I think they came with my Fly glasses back around 2000/2001

Yes!!!!!    I shall be wearing mine in Chicago. I wear them to all U2 shows.  

This is also evil but when people comment and ask if I bought them at the Pop tour I like to say, "Pop sucks. I found this one at McDonald's in the trash.", and point at the orange one with the yellow arch!  I AM SORRY U2!!!!  I love you but I need my sense of humor.

I'm still hoping to get on the GA accessible platform for the second night in Chicago.  I want, and badly need to hear Bad and they almost always play it the last night in Chicago.

I would love to do GA, just once, for U2 and be right up front but I'm going alone the second night.  Once a guy leaves to use the restroom goodbye to one's spot!  Does anyone know if GA for U2 is different?   Would people be cool?  I hate mentioning it but I have multiple health challenges and am soooo close to getting off all the medicine and go back to work.  I have withdrawn from God awful medicine for almost four years now and I wanna rock at those shows.   BUT....

Not even U2 can replace earning a paycheck.  I am very blessed and wish no sympathy.  It is what it is.

I did GA for Dawes and The Head and the Heart quite a few times now, but they were small venues and not a packed stadium.

Just once I want to feel Adam's bass and Larry's drums go through my chest.  I want to see Edge and watch his fingering when he does that incredible guitar thing in Beautiful Day and that one part of Streets which takes it to that ultimate peak. I also want to see Bono up close as he charges and retreats all of us.

:D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Me too....THAT was sooo fuunny !!!!

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

POP was feckin awesome. Seeing that show in Landsdowne Rd in 1997 was simply brilliant (in the days when we (me and my missus to be)  brought a tent to Shankill, south Dubs, as hotels were just too expensive!) ;) . Hope they pull a song from the album. I wouldn't go so much Discoteque, but would certainly entertain a bit of God sending in his angels.

Edited by yardie

POP was feckin awesome. Seeing that show in Landsdowne Rd in 1997 was simply brilliant (in the days when we (me and my missus to be)  brought a tent to Shankill, south Dubs, as hotels were just too expensive!) ;) . Hope they pull a song from the album. I wouldn't go so much Discoteque, but would certainly entertain a bit of God sending in his angels.

I want Please.   

Ender wrote:  Oh wow, man, thanks!  :) Would love to know what tunes you're digging.

Hey Ender.   Weak and Eleven Three.   I'm listening to Weak right now.   I sampled a lot of your other stuff and liked songs but I listen one cd/album/work at a time so I'm still at 2001 but I really like Weak and Eleven Three.  I also think Eleven Three is a great title.  You are on Spotify now?   Congrats.  That is recent, no?  

Maybe I missed it the last time. 

I really like your voice.  I hear a lot of influences in your music.

It is now playing I Could've Lost You and I like that one a lot too; especially the woooo hoooo hoooo at the end!

This guy has talent.  Anyone reading this should listen.  It really grew on me.   

Just curious when any of you guys saw a bad U2 show? They've all been different and they've all been awesome as far as I'm concerned. U2 is the greatest live band. They are pros. This tour is going to be great like all the others!

Just curious when any of you guys saw a bad U2 show? They've all been different and they've all been awesome as far as I'm concerned. U2 is the greatest live band. They are pros. This tour is going to be great like all the others!

:) Couldn't agree more. The most unlikely band on the planet right now (or past) to set themselves up for failure.

:) Couldn't agree more. The most unlikely band on the planet right now (or past) to set themselves up for failure.

It may well just be me but your comment is interesting yet ambiguous at the same time.  It seems to me 360 was a huge set up for failure.  ZooTV certainly was as nothing had even come close to that show when it happened.  I think I am misunderstanding you.  What do you mean?  I am interested to know, in a positive manner not attacking.  I'm confused.

I haven't been to a bad one.  If memory serves me correctly, I went to both shows during PopMart '97 (June 18th & 19th) and remembered being a little underwhelmed.  But that was nearly 20 years ago, so it's a little fuzzy.  I do remember watching an episode of VH-1 Legends right when ATYCLB was released.  I learned the band was unrehearsed for the beginning of PopMart due to delays of getting Pop finished.  

But no, every show I have seen has been a least good.  

Not a bad show as such but thought the 360 tour at Wembley was to transfixed on the show part and not enough on the music.

I didn't think the sound was very good either.

Ender wrote:  Oh wow, man, thanks!  :) Would love to know what tunes you're digging.

Hey Ender.   Weak and Eleven Three.   I'm listening to Weak right now.   I sampled a lot of your other stuff and liked songs but I listen one cd/album/work at a time so I'm still at 2001 but I really like Weak and Eleven Three.  I also think Eleven Three is a great title.  You are on Spotify now?   Congrats.  That is recent, no?  

It is now playing I Could've Lost You and I like that one a lot too; especially the woooo hoooo hoooo at the end!

Hey thank you so much for the kudos! :) I really really appreciate it. Sorry I haven't responded - again, I'm not getting pinged for some reason. You'll love the new stuff that's coming... :P

It may well just be me but your comment is interesting yet ambiguous at the same time.  It seems to me 360 was a huge set up for failure.  ZooTV certainly was as nothing had even come close to that show when it happened.  I think I am misunderstanding you.  What do you mean?  I am interested to know, in a positive manner not attacking.  I'm confused.

Nothing complicated. I just expect U2 to do this summer what they have always done, that is - put on a great live performance.

Posted (edited)

You're not getting a Joshua Tree instead of a SOE release/tour... you're getting it IN ADDITION TO those things.

I cannot express how happy what you say would make me.  The last tour was, hands down, my favorite U2 tour.  I saw all but one night in Chicago and they sizzled.  I love them best inside and the United Center in Chicago is a great place to see them live. The IE Tour was exceptionally well conceived, directed, executed and performed.  I thought it was brilliant.

I'm so happy I went alone the first night because it was just me and them.

I am so fortunate to have seen them that many times during the Chicago stand.

Stadium tours are great.  Nothing beats them live indoors and a few feet away.   I'm so excited for what comes after this tour.

Edited by Manohlive

Hey thank you so much for the kudos! :) I really really appreciate it. Sorry I haven't responded - again, I'm not getting pinged for some reason. You'll love the new stuff that's coming... :P

I sent you a message.   I heard no ping so I wanted to give you a heads up on it.  Perhaps it will not be a new year when you respond!   I'm just joshin' ya.  No worries.

I really do like quite a bit of Ender's music, ladies and gentleman.

Who cares, U2 are touring, i get to see them again, I love them, 40 years on and still going strong, no complaints, no debate, it's Quite simple, I'm going and I'm going to sing my heart out.

U2 joy, nothing like it:D

Enjoy it while we still have it

Cool hope you have a great time =0)

I concur with the heart of your post but it's fun to debate!  We've a cornucopia of great  albums/tunes with which we can do it.

So........This Joshua Tree thing .......

Now that there's been two shows, one just has to look at the stage to see that 'POP' IS BEING RECOGNIZED with this tour....A GIANT VIDEO SCREEN THE SIZE OF THE STAGE (minus the arch and lemon)!

Where have we seen this kind of thing before? I'd be willing to bet that this was talked about in one way or another in the planning of this tour. I wouldn't be surprised if a song off of 'POP' finds it's way into the end of the set at some point.

16 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

So........This Joshua Tree thing .......

It looks like it is doing what it says on the tin!

Anything other then I guess a few of us would be vocal in our disappointment.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, adrnik said:

It looks like it is doing what it says on the tin!

Anything other then I guess a few of us would be vocal in our disappointment.

I think it's pretty cool...Could've been way worse.......and the screen reminds me of PopMart....Plus the new song is ACE....Just my opinion of course...it's This Joshua Tree Thing.....lol.:lol:

Edited by pain_18_

Caught the show last night at Levi's Stadium.  Our boys put on a good show, but not a great one.  I know it takes a while for them to work the kinks out.  It was totally awesome to hear all of TJT again and in order.  Nice.  30 years later the songs are just as good.

I wrote a little piece about it and included some pics.  Enjoy!

https://achtungninja.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/u2-invades-levis-stadium-spoilers/