Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

Is the RZ situation fixed yet?  Resale opens on the East Coast here in less than 2 hours

When looking at the situation in Europe it appears there are separate links specifically for red zone on their ticketmaster sites.  From what I can see on all our US dates, there is only one link to the presale page and you would need the code to get any type of ticket.

Is the RZ situation fixed yet?  Resale opens on the East Coast here in less than 2 hours

When looking at the situation in Europe it appears there are separate links specifically for red zone on their ticketmaster sites.  From what I can see on all our US dates, there is only one link to the presale page and you would need the code to get any type of ticket.

Here's hoping you're are right   :D

Edited by streak

I see they've finally added package details (that I saw last night on the VIP Nation link someone posted) but still no pricing information that I can find.  Any idea what they're going for?  We've pretty much decided to just go ahead and get tickets without worrying about going VIP - but after being first row at the end of the stage for i+e, I'm hoping we can get decent seats w/o VIP :(

Here's hoping your are right   :D

In a way I hope I'm not as I want RZ tickets and I'm in the Wires group :)  But to be fair, I've been going to U2 shows since the original JT show and have been and on and off subscriber since the Propaganda days.  So I think I would deserve it.

I got RedZone tickets for Dublin with no issues at 9am.
I used the link from the Tours page, when signed in to my U2 account.  I guess that would register that I was eligible for the pre-sale.

Somebody at TM screwed up the RZ tickets for the presale, the cynic in me thinks it was done on purpose to allow the touts / Get Me In to get in there first but I could be wrong.

The tickets that were available have gone & will not be cancelled / put back onsale again, anyone who thinks that will happen is living in cloud cuckoo land, TM / Livenation / U2 could not care less about idiots like us, who pay our subscriptions year in year out purely to have first crack at decent tickets when they tour.

You either bought what you could today for Twickenham i.e. GA or seats or ran the risk of ending up with nothing if you left it till the Wire presale or the general sale.

I've calmed down now & have accepted that I'll be watching from seats, not what I wanted in any way shape or form but what was I supposed to do?

This whole screw up has left a very bad taste in my mouth, will anything happen, will there be any attempt to rectify things? With all due respect to the Mods we all know there wont.

U2 & their organisation along with Live Nation / Ticketmaster are as far removed from the die hard fans as they can be, as long as the gigs sell out they really could not care less. 

Rant over.

my main gripe this morning was there not being a separate link for RZ at Twickenham - it was lumped in with standing which was the automatic one it then applied for - realised when they seemed too cheap but then no RZ - tried again for 1 and got it, cancelled as wanted 2, tried again and got them at 915...

Has there been a major screw up though? If I go direct to ticketmaster uk I don't get RZ option. I only get it if go through the link on U2.com and I have to be signed in to see the 'Ticket' link.

Not sure if this button shows for non paying subscribers.

Makes me think you have to be a paid up member to get RZ but you don't use your presale code. Maybe it could then be abused by people buying with multiple TM accounts.

Somebody at TM screwed up the RZ tickets for the presale, the cynic in me thinks it was done on purpose to allow the touts / Get Me In to get in there first but I could be wrong.

If RZ is credit card entry only/paperless, there would seemingly be no benefit to scalpers buying them, no? Need a personal credit card and potentially an ID to enter.

Has there been a major screw up though? If I go direct to ticketmaster uk I don't get RZ option. I only get it if go through the link on U2.com and I have to be signed in to see the 'Ticket' link.

Not sure if this button shows for non paying subscribers.

Makes me think you have to be a paid up member to get RZ but you don't use your presale code. Maybe it could then be abused by people buying with multiple TM accounts.

The RZ option was not there when the Presale started wherever you linked to the Ticketmaster site from, it only appeared later & when it did you didn't have to enter your code you could just buy the tickets without it.

So yes, there has been an almighty screw up & as per usual it's the die hard fans who have been screwed over.

Unless there are extra batches of RZ added in the Wires group (which we're waiting for confirmation on) then I think it is likely all gone for RZ for the Saturday Twickenham London show.

Maybe a partial solution could be as follows......

If any extra dates are made available they could offer those with presale codes first access to RZ for the new dates.

If RZ is credit card entry only/paperless, there would seemingly be no benefit to scalpers buying them, no? Need a personal credit card and potentially an ID to enter.

When I did RZ for the last tour in Glasgow. I was not asked for my card, they were only interested in the confirmation e-mail.

For the RZ at Glasgow we had to have photographic proof and as far as I am aware that was the same for everyone.

no issues for RZ orders for Twickenham this morning for me; had to enter my code before I could select a quantity and see the price/checkout.

email confirmation states "standing & red zone"

For the RZ at Glasgow we had to have photographic proof and as far as I am aware that was the same for everyone.

I had my photo id ready to go but was not asked for it, saying that the people directly in front of me in the queue did win the backstage tour which may have distracted the staff when it came to my turn.

no issues for RZ orders for Twickenham this morning for me; had to enter my code before I could select a quantity and see the price/checkout.

email confirmation states "standing & red zone"

My understanding is that all of the confirmationssay that, did you pay £275 per ticket? If you did then you are in the Red Zone if was less than that then you have normal GA.

Wasn't able to access redzone with presale codes this AM in Canada for the Toronto show...

GOT ONE RZ!!!!!!  Yeah!

Looks like the code is needed so TM fixed their snafu

And just like that Ticketmaster have fixed their screw up, whilst those of us shafted this morning get nothing, not even an apology or an offer to change our tickets to RZ if we want.

I hate Ticketmaster, I really do.

Got my 4 RZ for Boston.  Had to use my Red Hill presale code to access anything, so the system appears to be working correctly EXCEPT my presale code appears to still be working to access other shows.  Since I've already purchased my limit of four I have not bought any more, but I was just curious so I tried to access a few other shows and the code has allowed me "in."

One other note ---- I checked GA for Tampa.  They ARE "credit card entry" tickets.  So as I suspected they are going to try to use credit card entry tix for GA's in an attempt to prevent reselling.

For Philly I entered the code and selected Red Zone from the drop down menu, and I'm done.  It only let me select Will Call for delivery, though, is that typical?

Wasn't able to access redzone with presale codes this AM in Canada for the Toronto show...

Keep trying.  Was able to quickly secure red zone for Toronto with Red Hill presale code - definitely needed the code !  Very smooth - under two minutes from start to finish.  $350 / ticket with the surcharges.

Good luck !

Well, for Toronto at least I am still suspicious.  I had 3 computers and a mobile phone all lined up to access TicketMaster. Couldn't get RZ.  I got 4 decent seats, but I was definitely after Red ZOne.  This will be the first tour that they've offered Red Zone that I didn't get it. 

YES, I am so happy! Red Zone for two separate shows! It was super easy too guys! I am going to Miami & Tampa and you should know that RedZone in Tampa is ticketed with Rows & Seat numbers, but the Miami show is not.  Do not use the "Buy On Map" option. I have never fared well using it. Good luck to everyone!