Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

Well said Yahweh  :) That is really positive thinking!

I tried to buy RZ tix but couldn't for any of US shows. I was ready to take a flight to any US city to enjoy U2 from RZ  :) But that's ok. I bought lower 100 level seats and I can bring my daughter as seating is more comfortable than standing for kids I think. I'm sure she will have great experience! Btw I'm still checking another cities for RZ but even lower seats are not so 'sweet' as I grabbed yesterday  ;)

Wouldn't pay the extortionate price myself. The standing area is never like a mosh pit. To be honest GA is normally pretty sedate these days.

Are Red Zone tix usually on the floor (standing only). Or are there actually seat ones too (in past concerts). Asking as I want to bring my parents along but they don't want to be in a mosh pit.

NVM: found answer on ticketmaster where the layout of the concert is available now and shows red zone right by stage (for Rose Bowl anyway).

Edited by AlanScotland1

No issues getting Red Zone at Twickenham for me. I logged into U2.com , clicked link to Ticketmaster. I could see no RZ specific but clicked on GA Standing and waited for pre sale to start.

When the pre sale started I clicked on select ticket type and Red Zone was offered straight up.

All done by 9.02. 

Sorry for all you guys that missed out because it wasn't absolutely clear - but I could see there was a red zone on the floor plan and in the blurb in the standing section so I guessed there would be an option once the sale started. If there hadn't been I would have been happy to buy in GA or a seat.

In 1987 at Wembley I got Friday tickets in the post but Saturday was a complete lock out. I walked the stadium all day trying to get a ticket off a tout but couldn't afford anything (I was 17) and there were loads of forgeries around... 

The fan club does well to get us in --- U2 are massive and just being in the building is worth the fanclub cost. I know - as I listened to Lou Reed from outside the Stadium in 87 and was grateful for that!!!!

If you paid 78 pounds. you didn't get red zone...

No I paid £275 per ticket .... 

I think a lot of people are bring up a lot of good points.

-Ticketmaster sucks (always have,always will) - They don't care about the fans, just the profits

-Presale access entitles you only a chance to buy tickets before the general public

-No promises were made that every type of ticket would be available during presage nor what quantities

-Folks posting on these boards represent only a fraction of fans so just because nobody here got RZ (or GA) for a certain show doesn't mean that there weren't any

-RZ in particular is very limited. Ticketmaster can sell thousands of tickets per minute. If RZ holds 500 and 20% of those are available in presage they feasibly could be gone within 10-15 seconds.

-I have participated in other presales where only the worst seats were put up for sale. At least U2 seems to put a good cross section on seat locations and prices up in advance for the fans. I think almost everyone had an opportunity to get tickets, just perhaps not the tickets they wanted or hoped to get.

-If you signed up for the fan club just to get presale access and didn't get tickets, too bad. I have done that for other bands in the past and got nothing. It is always a bit of a gamble and if you gamble you need to be prepared to lose

-I am surprised by the sense of entitlement a lot of people. Neither U2 nor Ticketmaster owe you anything.

-I have been both lucky and unlucky many times. I do whatever I can to improve my odds (fan club, multiples browsers, advance logins, etc.), but there is never a guarantee of success.

I think this should be a great tour, nostalgic for many myself included (saw eight shows myself on the original JT tour). Unlike the smaller arena tours most everyone should be able to get a ticket (with the possible exception of Dublin, always the most difficult). Stop complaining and agonizing over the things you cannot control. Try to see the glass half full instead of half empty. Come show time, you will have forgotten this frustration and will have a fabulous time.

Completely agree... Great post. Half Full all the way!

I didn't luck out when I got my tickets this week.  I worked out where the RZ tickets were likely to be within TM when the sale started. It was a guess but a guess I made the night before the pre sale. But more important than that, if my guess had been wrong, I'd have been happy with anything to get into the London show.... 

Like I said, I can remember not being able to even get into Wembley Stadium with a ticket for the Saturday show in 1987....   I did get in in the end though..... ;)

I also remember many other tours where I had to compromise just to be in the building or go to a different show which was less popular...

No issues getting Red Zone at Twickenham for me. I logged into U2.com , clicked link to Ticketmaster. I could see no RZ specific but clicked on GA Standing and waited for pre sale to start.

When the pre sale started I clicked on select ticket type and Red Zone was offered straight up.

All done by 9.02. 

Sorry for all you guys that missed out because it wasn't absolutely clear - but I could see there was a red zone on the floor plan and in the blurb in the standing section so I guessed there would be an option once the sale started. If there hadn't been I would have been happy to buy in GA or a seat.

In 1987 at Wembley I got Friday tickets in the post but Saturday was a complete lock out. I walked the stadium all day trying to get a ticket off a tout but couldn't afford anything (I was 17) and there were loads of forgeries around... 

The fan club does well to get us in --- U2 are massive and just being in the building is worth the fanclub cost. I know - as I listened to Lou Reed from outside the Stadium in 87 and was grateful for that!!!!

If you paid 78 pounds. you didn't get red zone...

No I paid £275 per ticket .... 

Then congrats!

After using my code as a Red Hill member and then rather sadly losing my basket at around 09:05 last week.

I logged into the public sale on the off chance and secured 3xRZ for Twickenham at 09:02.

Not sure if ticket sales were suspended last week or if I got very lucky (I have a Ticketmaster login set up for 360 and a registered Amex card)

So for those who missed out, it might give you 2 potential opportunities for Sunday 09/07 (just announced) next week?

No luck with RZ in the USA for 2 Wires group people here.  Very dissapointed!

Same for me with my Wires pre-sale code. No RZ tickets. General sales worked fine - I bought RZ to Seattle.