Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

Woo hoo!!! Got 4 for the Meadowlands (NJ)....the RZ was listed in Ticket Type in the drop down.  $351 total with fees.  

A note to all the "Wires" out there ... I am in that category (so was expecting to wait until tomorrow), entered my code for Pittsburgh, and it accepted it.  Got 2 Red Zone tickets.

Brilliant :o

So, for the London RedZone ticketzone fiasco. If you go through the link on u2.com it add this at the end of the web address "&did=uklnfan2ps" which isn't there when you go through ticketmaster.co.uk. Absolutely stupid if you ask me. And it you click on the link on a mobile phone, you don't get the Red Zone option. 

For Philly I entered the code and selected Red Zone from the drop down menu, and I'm done.  It only let me select Will Call for delivery, though, is that typical?

Yes, all RZ tickets are will-call in an attempt to prevent reselling.  However it appears that Ticketmaster ITSELF is offering a "sell" option after one purchases the tickets, which seems wrong to me.  But maybe that option doesn't actually work for these tickets?

EDITING TO ADD --- Yes, just to check I tried the "sell" button and I do indeed get a message that "due to ticket delivery restrictions, you cannot list these tickets."  Excellent!

Edited by cmooreNC

For folks in North America who got RZ, did you select Red Zone Package or just Red Zone tickets? Per all the drop downs there appear to be multiple options but not sure if there are actually RZ tickets available for each. Any insight is appreciated as I will be trying for west coast shows in a couple hours.

Can you get just the redzone ticket for the same price as a regular GA ticket in the US? I see the same prices listed for both on the east coast shows....I thought RZ tickets, not the package, were more....am I wrong

Mods - Any idea if there will be a new batch of RZ tickets released in teh Wire presale?  My daughter is a fan club member too, so I may have not lost out entirely yet, if more become available 

Mods - Any idea if there will be a new batch of RZ tickets released in teh Wire presale?  My daughter is a fan club member too, so I may have not lost out entirely yet, if more become available 

There should be RZ tickets available for that presale, but most likely not as many as this presale...

Wasn't able to access redzone with presale codes this AM in Canada for the Toronto show...

Keep trying.  Was able to quickly secure red zone for Toronto with Red Hill presale code - definitely needed the code !  Very smooth - under two minutes from start to finish.  $350 / ticket with the surcharges.

Good luck !

I ended up playing it safe with GA's....I've done RZ twice at Rogers Centre....a nice spot to watch but triple the price of GA's is steep!!!

Can you make sure they password protect any redzone in Europe for tomorrow. At least for the remaining fans? 

For folks in North America who got RZ, did you select Red Zone Package or just Red Zone tickets? Per all the drop downs there appear to be multiple options but not sure if there are actually RZ tickets available for each. Any insight is appreciated as I will be trying for west coast shows in a couple hours.

Yahweh, there was a drop down menu immediately to the right of quantity, The bottom option was "VIP - (RED) Zone Package.  But, it didn't work for me, despite being there right at ticket sale start, so good luck!  If you get Red ZOne and fancy a trip to Toronto, I can trade you 4 great seats for 2 Red Zones ;-)

For the RZ at Glasgow we had to have photographic proof and as far as I am aware that was the same for everyone.

I had my photo id ready to go but was not asked for it, saying that the people directly in front of me in the queue did win the backstage tour which may have distracted the staff when it came to my turn.

LOL That was us!!!!!!

Red Zone package for me.  Entered presale code & "apply," which opened the options for tickets under the "U2.com Redhill group" presale category.  Then I selected the "Red Zone package" option.  Tickets were $350 each, plus there was a service charge of $4.  So the total for a pair was $704.

Edited by cmooreNC

Anyone know the difference between "GA Floor Standing Room Only" and "Red Zone GA Standing Room Only"? - these were options for Boston - not sure if other cities had the same options; both options $75 - assume RZ in not actually in the RZ for that price - very confusing!

How much are the RZ in the US?  I'm seeing a couple prices here that don't make sense...

They appear to be $350 each at many of the shows.  Plus a small service charge.  The "$70 red zone" ticket category is bogus and appears to be a Ticketmaster glitch, as it will only bring up regular GA tickets.

Anyone know the difference between "GA Floor Standing Room Only" and "Red Zone GA Standing Room Only"? - these were options for Boston - not sure if other cities had the same options; both options $75 - assume RZ in not actually in the RZ for that price - very confusing!

Yeah, that appears to be a Ticketmaster coding error.  The $70 (in some cities) or $75 options for Red Zone tickets will only bring up regular GA.  All of the Red Zone tickets are $350 (or something similar).

Got RZ tix for Pittsburgh and Cleveland with no problems. Maybe less demand in the smaller markets?

Also got lower level seats for Philly. Those took a little longer. Got the "nothing available" message, but just had to retry and eventually got what I wanted to pop up.

I am very happy this morning... although my bank account balance might not be! :)

USE FIREFOX

Here's my experience:
After waiting 10 minutes for Ticketmaster to "search" for Red Zone tix in Dallas using the Google Chrome browser, I logged into Firefox and was able to purchase Red Zone tix in Houston immediately. I then purchased my Dallas tickets using Firefox too.

Yeah, that appears to be a Ticketmaster coding error.  The $70 (in some cities) or $75 options for Red Zone tickets will only bring up regular GA.  All of the Red Zone tickets are $350 (or something similar).

Yeah - thanks - that's what I figured; a lot of TM cock-ups this morning including releasing full RZ tickets for Dublin without the need for any pre-sale code :angry: ; I spent most of my morning trying to navigate road signs, rivers, trees etc. - but I do have $75 GA tix for Boston so happy about that  :)

Great they seem to have sorted the red zone tickets out for America but I'm still raging here thinking about the European fiasco. Could they not send an email to everyone that got RZ tickets and that they don't have a code against, asking for their codes and if unable to give a code their tickets go back on sale?

Anyone know the price breakdown for red zone in the States or VIP red zone?

thanks

$350 for Red Zone in US.

I also noted that if you click the link and wait for the countdown timer, it takes longer to refresh to the actual ticket page once the timer reaches zero than it does to just open a new page.

For the London show, I had a tab open with the timer and as soon as it hit 00:00, I clicked the link on the u2.com tour page again + went straight to ticketing.  Had my ticket nearly purchased in the new browser instance before the original instance caught up (it did, but it took a while).

Not helpful for today's sale - but might  be useful for those that are going to try again tomorrow when new tix get released for the Wires group.

It strikles me that we really need some increased transparency here.  Lots of people report problems, but that may simply be a small sample and there are hundreds/thousands who have had no problems. Is it possible to know how many Red Zone tickets were per on sale per venue? In the past I have never had a problem getting Red Zone ticks when I am there at the start, so one get suspicious that there was some kind of Ticket Master problem that led to my disappointing result.  Seeing comments about Firefox versus Chrome, and people who initially get a no tickets available response only to have it come up later leaves one suspicious...admittedly, perhaps unreasonably so.  But most of us are die hard supporters of the band and have spent a lot of money over the years, so it would be good to know if 1) we made a mistake, 2) Ticketmaster had problems, or 3) there were just very few RZ tickets for the demand, and it was dumb luck whether one got them or not.