Sign in to follow this  
gcf1971

We are unable to process the request *Please Read If You Are Getting This Message

Hi Bigwave & Max,

I've been a long standing member of the U2 fanclub since the Propaganda years and a paid member in good standing since 1997.  I had technical issues during the summer and fall in trying to renew my U2.com membership. The U2.com website kept me in an endless loop and prevented me from renewing, in which the renewal link was not functional.  On two occassions, I tried calling the U2.com support telephone line in September and October 2016, and they informed me they were unable to renew my membership, and that I had to do it through U2.com.  They told me that was the only way to renew my membership.  It was only on January 5, 2017 that I was finally able to renew my membership on the website when there was a change in the layout of the site.  When I tried buying tickets today, Ticketmaster would not accept my presale code.  After several attempts, my friend Joe Ahorro figured out that the reason why was because I was bumped down to the 'new subscribers' Wires Group.  This is terribly disheartening knowing that I tried many times to renew last summer, fall, and this winter to retain my long term subscribers status.  I called the U2.com telephone 'helpline' and they told me they could not help me.  Is there anyone I can appeal to that has such discretion to rectify this situation for future presales.

Thank you,

Christopher

Hi Bigwave & Max,

I've been a long standing member of the U2 fanclub since the Propaganda years and a paid member in good standing since 1997.  I had technical issues during the summer and fall in trying to renew my U2.com membership. The U2.com website kept me in an endless loop and prevented me from renewing, in which the renewal link was not functional.  On two occassions, I tried calling the U2.com support telephone line in September and October 2016, and they informed me they were unable to renew my membership, and that I had to do it through U2.com.  They told me that was the only way to renew my membership.  It was only on January 5, 2017 that I was finally able to renew my membership on the website when there was a change in the layout of the site.  When I tried buying tickets today, Ticketmaster would not accept my presale code.  After several attempts, my friend Joe Ahorro figured out that the reason why was because I was bumped down to the 'new subscribers' Wires Group.  This is terribly disheartening knowing that I tried many times to renew last summer, fall, and this winter to retain my long term subscribers status.  I called the U2.com telephone 'helpline' and they told me they could not help me.  Is there anyone I can appeal to that has such discretion to rectify this situation for future presales.

Thank you,

Christopher

I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done here... the FAQ states clearly that there can't be any changes to the subscription category and that no exceptions will be made....

very sorry...

1 hr 17m trying. No tickets. Accepts my code but won't let me purchase. Have tried everything suggested. TM SUCKS! Totally gutted.

1 hr 17m trying. No tickets. Accepts my code but won't let me purchase. Have tried everything suggested. TM SUCKS! Totally gutted.

your code starts with... U2JTA o U2JTB?

U2JTA

Now showing no GA's available. :(

No words.

Edited by p8ru2

U2JTA

Now showing no GA's available. :(

No words.

Please do the following:

Do again the Clear browser cache/Close Browser/Reopen It procedure

Entering the TM site from http://www.u2.com/tour

and please consider using the mobile app...

which city?

Thx Matt.  Tried all that.  ( both LN & TM) - neither worked.  Only seats now.  (hard to believe)  Apps & different browsers, clearing the cache. Nothing.

@Lemon: Vancouver.  I'm totally crushed. Empty handed unless I get seats (which I don't want).

Do you think they'll have more for the Wired group?

Edited by p8ru2

Honestly, I've had problems with TM before ( who hasn't) but this has been the absolute worst. ever.

Keep in mind you can try again tomorrow (along with Wired people)--different ticket allocation.

Irish luck..lol must have been on my side today. I've never used Ticketmaster that quickly and successfully. 

Believe me, I've been on the terrible Ticketmaster side much too often. For what it's worth, I used Chrome on 

my desktop computer. Spreading my luck to you all.......hope you get in! 

Two RZ tickets for Gillette! 

Good luck to all!  Keep trying, just now was able to get 4 Red Zone tickets for the Levi Stadium show - don't give up!

Keep in mind you can try again tomorrow (along with Wired people)--different ticket allocation.

Thx.  Will definitely be trying again. Still, pretty awful. Glad some here haven't had problems.

TIP: We found that the Flash plugin might be causing issues with the Ticketmaster desktop sites - please update to the latest Flash version on PC and Mac.

TIP: We found that the Flash plugin might be causing issues with the Ticketmaster desktop sites - please update to the latest Flash version on PC and Mac.

flashgordon7.jpg

Will try that thanks Rick.  So weird esp if using an app?  Didn't help me this AM but hope it works & soon!

Update:  - already up to date w/ Flash on desktop.

Thx @Max.  So TM FAIL.  (so not impressed w/ TM & this presale). 

Edited by p8ru2

Will try that thanks Rick.  So weird esp if using an app?  Didn't help me this AM but hope it works & soon!

This only applies for desktop (PC/Mac) not apps....

absolute BS and No response to any of my questions/posts today... my first gig Feb 1983 War Tour and have followed the band cross Europe and USA for DECADES... looks like the 2 nights at Hydro Glasgow on I&E Tour will be my last as so pissed of at being shafted by U2/Ticketmaster with the RZ Presale F@*K UP today.. this is the last straw, been a member since the inception of the U2.com fansite and prior to that a 'Propoganda' subscriber... wont be renewing my membership when up for renewal in March, far far to easy to push the queries towards TM and absolve themselves of any responsibility/ownership of the issues today.... very very poor indeed

absolute BS and No response to any of my questions/posts today... my first gig Feb 1983 War Tour and have followed the band cross Europe and USA for DECADES... looks like the 2 nights at Hydro Glasgow on I&E Tour will be my last as so pissed of at being shafted by U2/Ticketmaster with the RZ Presale F@*K UP today.. this is the last straw, been a member since the inception of the U2.com fansite and prior to that a 'Propoganda' subscriber... wont be renewing my membership when up for renewal in March, far far to easy to push the queries towards TM and absolve themselves of any responsibility/ownership of the issues today.... very very poor indeed

So sorry to hear you've had problems today too msw.  Can totally relate.  Didn't see your posts before but I'm sure mods here are doing their best to keep up. 

I disagree though - This isn't a U2.com issue but a TM issue.  Wish U2 + U2.com could get TM to have ONE presale go smoothly for fans.  This is the worst I've personally experienced. 

So sorry to hear you've had problems today too msw.  Can totally relate.  Didn't see your posts before but I'm sure mods here are doing their best to keep up. 

I disagree though - This isn't a U2.com issue but a TM issue.  Wish U2 + U2.com could get TM to have ONE presale go smoothly for fans.  This is the worst I've personally experienced. 

RZ presale was a shambles, no code required in a presale... seriously?  thats their bloody job to get the basics right and a huge cock-up has left genuine fans without tickets whilst random non members were allowed to freely buy them without a code, absolute disgrace!  and apparently there are further RZ tickets to be released in Wire presale and then Public Sale... WHY??? where is the loyalty to the longterm fans?    ALL areas should be first and foremost available to the longterm fans and IF and only IF there are tickets remaining then they should be released in the second and third phases.... THAT isnt a TM decision, that should be a directive from U2

always us the app if you can.  A little more work typing your code in manually but well worth it.  I was told the website and app run on different servers and the app is much more efficient.  I had Toronto tix in 4 mins and that was after selecting a number of different options to see what was available prior to selecting my tickets.  

may i ask which tickets you were able to get for Toronto and the price? Thanks!

RZ presale was a shambles, no code required in a presale... seriously?  thats their bloody job to get the basics right and a huge cock-up has left genuine fans without tickets whilst random non members were allowed to freely buy them without a code, absolute disgrace!  and apparently there are further RZ tickets to be released in Wire presale and then Public Sale... WHY??? where is the loyalty to the longterm fans?    ALL areas should be first and foremost available to the longterm fans and IF and only IF there are tickets remaining then they should be released in the second and third phases.... THAT isnt a TM decision, that should be a directive from U2

Didn't know that about RZ.  I agree with the above (bolded - my emphasis) I'm empty handed for GA here.

yep, poor show alround - now have to run the gauntlet again tmrw in Wire Group and poss Mon in Public Sale.... never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm going to give this a miss, cant be bothered with all the associated hassle, not missed a tour since the opening night of War Tour at The Caird Hall in my hometown Dundee in 1983 but this is last straw...

Didn't know that about RZ.  I agree with the above (bolded - my emphasis) I'm empty handed for GA here.