Sign in to follow this  
fleshfly

Was anyone able to buy RedZone Today?

I was able to get for Red Zone tickets for Chicago.  I was in immediately, chose Red Zone / Best Available and it stated they were not available.  Tried for 2, same thing.  After being asked if I was a robot 100 times and not knowing if street signs include the post or not, I exited out, tried again, and luckily got 4.

Wow--wait a minute.  So at first, it said they weren't available?  (Not, "we can't process your order").  Normally this means that they're gone, that's it.  But after that, you DID get the RZ?  Wow.  If so, that means that we shouldn't believe it when it says "not available".  I'm confused.

I think what he meant was that he initially tried to obtain 4 tickets in the red zone, which failed. Then he tried to get two, and was successful. The lower the quantity of tickets desired the greater the amount of availability.

It could also mean that someone else decided that they didn't want them and dumped them out of their cart or another transaction timed out.  It will throw the tickets back in there if either of those things happened.

I was able to get one for DC.  

I have to say though, SOMEBODY PLEASE come up with a competitor to ticketmaster.  My God they are awful.  It's always a struggle and the scalpers end up with all the tickets or they make big blunders like they did for this event.

I'm happy to be a ground floor investor!

There was no RZ option for Twickenham when I logged in at 9.05am, just GA standing tickets. I'm happy enough with GA as £80 is more than enough to pay for one gig.

Got 4 in my cart than I had a moment of clarity and realized that it wasn't worth it.  Dumped them and got regular GA. 

We did the same. Had 4 for London but dumped them and decide to go GA. Have been red zone before and it was fantastic but we have a couple of people who are not sure they definitely coming this time so didn't want to end up left with pricey tickets! We had to show photo ID the last time we went red zone so not sure how easy they are to on-sell.

Edited by NatPaine

I was able to get for Red Zone tickets for Chicago.  I was in immediately, chose Red Zone / Best Available and it stated they were not available.  Tried for 2, same thing.  After being asked if I was a robot 100 times and not knowing if street signs include the post or not, I exited out, tried again, and luckily got 4.

Wow--wait a minute.  So at first, it said they weren't available?  (Not, "we can't process your order").  Normally this means that they're gone, that's it.  But after that, you DID get the RZ?  Wow.  If so, that means that we shouldn't believe it when it says "not available".  I'm confused.

I think what he meant was that he initially tried to obtain 4 tickets in the red zone, which failed. Then he tried to get two, and was successful. The lower the quantity of tickets desired the greater the amount of availability.

Sorry, a bit late in reading to clarify.  Right off the bat on my first attempt to purchase 4 Red Zone tickets / Best Available on my laptop (Approx 30 seconds or less past robot validation), It informed me immediately that it was unable to process my request (Red font, don't remember the exact wording).  Multiple attempts at changing quantities of RZ tickets and no go, same message.  10 minutes later, I then tried a different computer a few times and got it to bring up 4 Red Zone tickets.

I didn't have any luck with RZ at Gillette. They did have some VIP available (500+ each) but I opted for the reserved seating.

I despise Gillette Stadium for concerts and football. It's great for futbol because no one shows up and you don't have to spend literally 3 hours in the parking lot just get on Route 1...but for U2 or Patriots I'm already dreading it. Not dreading it enough to not go...but this like the only exception. I passed on this for PopMart and 360 just because it was Gillette..but this is the Joshua Tree dammit. $50 parking be damned.

Oh for those interested there is a hotel on site and it is a "special event" rate of $850/night (includes tax but not parking). 

I didn't need that equity in my house anyway. But it beats getting home Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:30 AM!

GILLETTE IS THE WORST. 360 I DIDNT LEAVE THE PARING LOT FOR 2 HOURS!!! INSANE!!! I SWORE I WOUDL NEVER GO BACK. IM UPSET THAT THEY ARE DOING STADIUMS... THIS IS AN UGLY CASH GRABBIN TOUR.

I got Red Zone for Pasadena and made a gigantic squeal. Now everyone I work with thinks I am crazy. Hahhaha.

I got Red Zone for Pasadena and made a gigantic squeal. Now everyone I work with thinks I am crazy. Hahhaha.

Did you get them right at 9AM? I spent a minute trying to figure out the pulldown and they were gone by the time I realized they were in VIP packages....

Did you get them right at 9AM? I spent a minute trying to figure out the pulldown and they were gone by the time I realized they were in VIP packages....

Yes. I used the earlier presale on the East Coast to know what to expect.

Two for Foxboro right at 9:00 with no problems.  Looking pretty picked over for seats now, all the VIP packages are sold out.  I bet we'll see some second dates added in some cities.

Two for Foxboro right at 9:00 with no problems.  Looking pretty picked over for seats now, all the VIP packages are sold out.  I bet we'll see some second dates added in some cities.

Highly unlikely that it will be the day before the sunday show, they are in Toronto on friday. Maybe monday? Even then, it's only 1 day rest and 4 shows in 6 days.. I would be surprised to see Boston get another show, in the Rolling Stone article, the Edge stated they are not done with the IE tour yet, I assume that 3rd leg so a 3 year total type tour like when he injured his back perhaps? 

Got 2 RZ first thing this morning for Vancouver. Was on at 9am using chrome, no caching issues or code problems like others reported. They were 350 CDN each. Smooth.

Remember back in the day when you had to send a money order (not checks or cash) in the mail? And the field was reserved up close seating. I'm old and hate General Admission. Hey kids, get off of my lawn.

I remember having to phone ticketmaster for achtung baby tour tickets (the smaller tour before the outdoor broadcast). You could only purchase 2 tickets and only by phone. I pressed redial for over 6 hours before getting through

OMG - I so remember having to phone TM for tickets !  Would hit "redial" until my fingers bled !!

No problem getting 2 RZ for Pittsburgh at $350 each at 9 AM.  Only took a couple of minutes.  CC entry, of course, which I like - damn the re-sellers.  I believe this is the same RZ price I paid for MSQ NYC in 2015.  NYC was my first RZ experience and it was totally worth it.  Met a lot of super U2 fans and were up close and personal to the guys and Bruce Springsteen's guest appearance. Going to go for 4 Best Available w/o code on Monday general sale as I am going with friends from Cleveland who are not U2 members.   I'm holding out my other 2 pre-sale for potential added dates somewhere cooler than Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

Managed to get 2 Red zones for Dublin and 2 for London, all done by 9.05 !!! :)

I am a new Member , so i belong to the Wire Group with the right to start Presale on Thursday. Was logged in directly at 9 and could get 2 Red Zone Tickets for Brussels without any Problems . Excited ;-) 

Ticketmaster involved in uk scam surprise!!  Red zone didn't even show up on the pre sale.

GA instead!