Sign in to follow this  
fleshfly

Was anyone able to buy RedZone Today?

It was impossible for me (London). Two hours refreshing and changing browsers.

I finally got two seated tickets.

Now I see another option (Ticketcollector) for London that yesterday didn't appear.

Bad experience.

I didn't have any luck with RZ at Gillette. They did have some VIP available (500+ each) but I opted for the reserved seating.

I despise Gillette Stadium for concerts and football. It's great for futbol because no one shows up and you don't have to spend literally 3 hours in the parking lot just get on Route 1...but for U2 or Patriots I'm already dreading it. Not dreading it enough to not go...but this like the only exception. I passed on this for PopMart and 360 just because it was Gillette..but this is the Joshua Tree dammit. $50 parking be damned.

Oh for those interested there is a hotel on site and it is a "special event" rate of $850/night (includes tax but not parking). 

I didn't need that equity in my house anyway. But it beats getting home Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:30 AM!

GILLETTE IS THE WORST. 360 I DIDNT LEAVE THE PARING LOT FOR 2 HOURS!!! INSANE!!! I SWORE I WOUDL NEVER GO BACK. IM UPSET THAT THEY ARE DOING STADIUMS... THIS IS AN UGLY CASH GRABBIN TOUR.

I agree Gillette is the worst. Better off parking 2 miles away in a private lot and walking to the stadium. Got to love the hotel price gouging - expected nothing less of them - hope its lucky money for them!!

I got 4 Red Zones for Miami....

I felt I kinda had to go this route.   When I was younger, I had the stamina to wait all day for regular GA, and get inside the "heart" (2001), and the "circle" (2005), for their South Florida arena shows....  Being right up front was special, but alas, the waiting for hours and hours is simply just no longer feasible for me.

For the 360 stadium show, I opted for lower level seats near the stage, rather than ga, but I felt so removed from the show.  

(Lower level for an arena show is fine.... but for the stadium, it was so disappointing.)

So, this will be my first Red Zone experience.  The price is high... however, I'm choosing NOT to compare it to the regular ga.

Instead, I'm comparing it to the full price, regular lower level seats.

Those regular full price lowers cost $280+fees (which end up like $322 after the fees.)   The $350 Red Zone was already fee inclusive.

So I look at it as.... paying $322 for a lower level seat versus $350 for a guaranteed close spot up front.  

So the Red Zone isn't really THAT much more expensive than the lowers.   And the charity is a nice bonus!   :)

(In my imaginary perfect world, the shows would be reserved seats on the floor again... I had 2nd row field seats for Zoo TV, and 3rd row field seats for Popmart.   But I guess that's not happening again.)

Edited by rlj1010

No RZ for Washington DC.  I tried multiple times on chrome, safari and iphone app.  Nothing came up.  ugh.

No RZ for Levi's stadium in Santa Clara and Rose Bowl in PAsadena :( I tried at 9am and after many time via web and mobile... Got lower seats.

Still trying to understand why so many US shows (Boston + Chicago among them) have the Red Zone + VP Packages unlocked on Ticketmaster. Just go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-foxborough-massachusetts-06-25-2017/event/01005195943F2214?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&bba=1and click on the drop down and you will see. This means that a code was not needed (at least on the desktop site) to buy tickets during the presale for which you were supposed to need a presale code (duh.) Apparently this is why RZ sold out so quickly. Mods, have you passed this information onto the powers that be? Any explanation as to why it was done this way? Why did those of us who only wanted RZ pay for a U2.com membership when it wasn't even needed to buy tickets? Tour after tour there is always some debacle with U2.com and ticketmaster, but this is a new one. 

Screenshots below

C1_Z6K9XcAE7cF-.jpg  C1_ZYD7XgAAdgGQ.jpg

Wow.  That's absolutely outrageous--and perhaps explains why so many of us (including me, RedHill, on TM right when the presale began) couldn't get RZ.  Massive screwup--very, very, disappointed.

Agreed that this is outrageous and unfair to fans. It makes me think that U2 no longer really cares about this stuff and are just counting the money from us fans.  They are the biggest band in the world, presumably with lots of leverage in the music industry, and tour after tour they allow Ticketmaster to screw us over.  I am not a Pearl Jam fan, but they are the only band that tried to make it better for fans, and nobody else supported them.  Rather, U2 and others just cut more lucrative deals with livenation/ticketmaster.

That's weird...when you pull the drop down menu and click the package didn't it prompt you for the presale code in a little pop up box?  It did for me.  Wonder why there is so much disparity?

That's weird...when you pull the drop down menu and click the package didn't it prompt you for the presale code in a little pop up box?  It did for me.  Wonder why there is so much disparity?

Nope. It lets me put that VIP package right into my cart and takes me to the payment page. it's this way for several cities, so there has to be some reason behind it. 

I am glad to see it is not just me having problems with getting tickets - day 2 of trying and hour 7 of trying today and can't get either RedZone or GA for LA. I only need 1 ticket too! So annoyed! 

VIP Red Zone is normally a Cat 1 seat and not to be confused with standing red zone.

Don't think so.  RZ is RZ (all standing--no seats).

Im in the Redhill group, but when i tried to purchase Dublin RZ tickets at 9 AM MST USA, no luck. Are they not available yet, or did they sell out? Or did I miss the sale time since Dublin is 7 hours ahead? Please help...has never happened to me in the past...always managed to secure RZ in the first few minutes, esp when loggin in at 9 am. Thoughts?

yes it was based on the "local" time zone of the venue you wished to attend.  So that would have been 2am MST/9am GMT.

No luck with pre-sale but grabbed a Red Zone for Amsterdam in the general sale today with no issue at all.

Very happy (and broke) now.

Well thats 3 mornings wasted and £600 down the drain (the wife accidentaly booked 2 hotel rooms :wacko: ) Not even the vaguest sniff of ever getting a RZ ticket :(

Absolute joke. Tried in the presale and public sale for 1 Dublin RedZone ticket.. and nothing.. trying all day Thursday, Friday and today morning. Didn't even need to use the presale code for RedZone, so RedHill and Wires group could both access tickets on Wednesday morning.

I tried for Dublin on the last tour and it was the same.. touts putting tickets up immediately on Ticketmaster's partner site Seat Wave at 5 times the price. Shame for the real fans who pay for a subscription!

Didn't even need to use the presale code for RedZone, so RedHill and Wires group could both access tickets on Wednesday morning.

I get the frustration, and thankfully I didn't have this issue booking RZ for Philly, but if the expectation in advance was that you needed a code, why does everyone think so many Wires and non-fanclub people bought all of the RZ up? I mean, we had it pretty well sorted for the US dates by comparison, but even then a lot of people couldn't buy them or even get an offer for RZ tix on a certain date. Couldn't it just be that almost all the RZ was sold to RedHill anyway?

No.  There was a huge cock-up with RZ where at many (but not all) venues ANYONE could buy RZ starting last Weds. 9:00 AM EST (e.g., Chicago)--no need for presale codes at all.  Obviously, this essentially meant that for many venues there was, in effect, no presale for RZ/other VIP packages at all.  For example, I'm RedHill, got on the Chicago presale right on the dot, no RZ luck.