12 hours ago, mochidachshund said:

It's really not that big, I think seattle may have been bigger. Rose bowl has communicated with atu2 and said they'll send out GA information towards the end of the week

Thanks for the info.  I emailed the Rose Bowl on Sat and have yet to hear back. 

Rose bowl not that big?!  Seattle has a stated capacity of 72,000 vs 92,000 for Rose Bowl. There were 97,000 people there for 360. 

I guess we'll all find out specifics on Friday........

https://www.rosebowlstadium.com/events/u2

from the FAQs:

I purchased GA Floor seats, can I enter the Stadium at any gate? No. If you have GA Floor tickets, you will only be permitted to enter the Stadium at Gate E.

Is camping allowed so that I can hold my place in the GA Floor ticket line? No. Camping is not permitted before or after the event anywhere on the Rose Bowl Stadium property or surrounding Arroyo.  

Where is the line going to form for GA Floor Entry? Gate E

What time can I begin lining up for GA Floor Seating? If you are a GA Floor ticket holder, you will receive an email on Friday, May 19th with specific details. For further information, please visit our Rose Bowl Stadium website, post the May 19th email blast.

I think that will partly depend on what the details are in the Rose Bowl email on Friday, and other factors, but we're just going to wing it, show up Friday afternoon/evening and see whats going on.  By the way, in 2009, by the time the afternoon of the show rolled around, I had 3 different numbers from 3 different lists: two fan lists (one from Fri evening and a different one from Sat morning), then the venue, so the venue list/wristbands ultimately made the fan lists meaningless.  Then after the "stampede", all the numbers became irrelevant.  So good luck!

The 360 GA line was at the north end of the stadium.  They said parking lots and lines wouldn't be open/allowed until later, but lots were open when I showed up (8 or 9am) and the line had a few hundred in it already.  Around 3pm, I came back from my car to find the GA line dashing forward into a blob.  I skipped the porta-potty, took my best guess for where I belonged, and dove in.

Showing up by 5pm was plenty early enough on Wednesday to get a good floor spot, but that wasn't on a weekend.

On 16/05/2017 at 3:42 PM, lynander said:

Hi All,

I'm bringing my boys to their first U2 concert!! I've been a number of times, but only once for GA at the Forum for I+E. I went the night before the show and got a number (87), and was able to get to the rail for the show. It was incredible and I'm hoping to have the same kind of luck with my boys (13 and 10 years old). Unfortunately, we live in San Diego and will be driving up more on Saturday morning since my husband will be taking a red-eye flight from NY to make it back in time for the show. I'm wondering if any of you long time GA'ers have any advice if we should really push to make it up on Friday night to get a number or if Saturday morning will still get up a good spot? I'm mostly worried if we end up back a few row in GA that they will not be able to see over people as we're all pretty short. Any advice for this momma wanting to give her kids the ultimate experience? Thanks, friends!

I+E had a very high proportion of rail space, for the floor area. As did the Vertigo & Elevation arena shows. For a stadium show 360 also had a very high proportion of rail space, due to the large circular catwalk. TJT30 has a lower proportion of rail space, similar to Popmart & ZooTV, & a fair amount of this is taken by Red Zone. So I think it will be quite difficult to get a rail spot, particularly one that helps with sight lines.

Rosebowl 360 GA line was a pretty horrible experience, with massive lines early. Obviously some were motivated to be close to get their 1 second of fame on the DVD, but I'd still be expecting big lines.

Who knows what will happen this time around. How will security organise numbers in the line, if they won't let others start unofficial lines early. Supposedly there's already a GA line check-in that's started at parking lot K?

How young are your kids? One place I've recommended for those with kids is the rail behind the Red Zone. It's not in the heart of the action, but is reasonably close to the b-stage, & offers good views of the screen.

Here's a pic of it.

IMG_1872.JPG

Edited by ddarroch

7 hours ago, ddarroch said:

How will security organise numbers in the line, if they won't let others start unofficial lines early. Supposedly there's already a GA line check-in that's started at parking lot K?

What exactly are the "rules" for these days-early unofficial lineups? Is there a Sunday line as well, or does that one not start until Saturday's show is over? If so, is that fair for people who have GA for Sunday but not Saturday? I'm all for lining up for GA, but it's ridiculous to me when they start more than a day early and you can just sign your name and then leave for 12+ hours. 

The GA numbering had started yesterday. With a clear sign, you can not miss it.

Regarding the line up for the second show, what was done on the previous tour: as soon as the ga went in the first night, people who had not the chance to go, started the second show line.

16 minutes ago, reddef said:

Regarding the line up for the second show, what was done on the previous tour: as soon as the ga went in the first night, people who had not the chance to go, started the second show line.

My devil's advocate response to this is, if the line for Saturday's show begins more than 48 hours prior to the show, then whey do the Sunday people have to wait until a designated time just 24 hours or so early? Why can't they start theirs now as well? 

EXCITED FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!! Anyone at the GA lineup today that can give us an update at what the count is at already (approx. 10:30AM Friday)?

Also, looking forward to Rose Bowl's email tonight. Still have nightmares of 360's GA debacle... I'm also so confused how the CC entry will work with those of us that have multiple seat types. I have 2 friends using my 2x Reserved seats and a friend and myself using my GA. I'll hopefully be able to get some answers tomorrow when the customer service windows open because, as we've all experienced so far, Ticketmaster has zero helpful answers and Rose Bowl says "Wait until Friday's email."

And don't get me started on parking for those of us arriving before 2:30... So many questions to be answered!!

2 hours ago, reddef said:

The GA numbering had started yesterday. With a clear sign, you can not miss it.

I'm sorry, but unless the Rose Bowl are the ones doing the numbering, that's very unofficial and likely to get thrown out tomorrow, as it should.

10 hours ago, ddarroch said:

I+E had a very high proportion of rail space, for the floor area. As did the Vertigo & Elevation arena shows. For a stadium show 360 also had a very high proportion of rail space, due to the large circular catwalk. TJT30 has a lower proportion of rail space, similar to Popmart & ZooTV, & a fair amount of this is taken by Red Zone. So I think it will be quite difficult to get a rail spot, particularly one that helps with sight lines.

Rosebowl 360 GA line was a pretty horrible experience, with massive lines early. Obviously some were motivated to be close to get their 1 second of fame on the DVD, but I'd still be expecting big lines.

Who knows what will happen this time around. How will security organise numbers in the line, if they won't let others start unofficial lines early. Supposedly there's already a GA line check-in that's started at parking lot K?

How young are your kids? One place I've recommended for those with kids is the rail behind the Red Zone. It's not in the heart of the action, but is reasonably close to the b-stage, & offers good views of the screen.

Here's a pic of it.

IMG_1872.JPG

Thank you so much for the info. My boys are 10 and 13. This might be a great place to be, if I can get there in time!

I agree. There should be only 1 official line that is run by the venue. If the venue says “line ups start at 2:00 pm” then that’s what it should be. People plan according to the information that has been given to them. When they get there they get there they are in for a big surprise. Hopefully the Rose Bowl as learned from 360 show stampede and take control of the line. 

Agree. If everyone just operated in accordance with the information the venue provided it would cause a lot less hysteria and confusion. 

Has anyone actually gotten their email from the Rose Bowl yet? I'm not expecting too much useful info, but it's always nice to know what the venue is planning. 

Someone I know who lives in the area and went by last night. There is a huge sign that says "GA Line" and there were people camped out. 

1 minute ago, TBone said:

Someone I know who lives in the area and went by last night. There is a huge sign that says "GA Line" and there were people camped out. 

An official sign?

Not sure if they were official signs. There was more than 1. He said some were yellow /black and looked legit. Others not so legit.