Sign in to follow this  
Asterix

Sorry, no tickets from venue currently........ (MERGED)

I came in here to bitch too, but saw people encouraging to keep trying.  So I did.

Just scored 4 GA's to the Rose Bowl (at 10:30).

Keep trying.

Talked to someone at Ticketmaster, they said only 200 tickets were released for LA Rose Bowl. WTH????? I've never had this issue before. What's the point of a presale if there is nothing to get? 

doubtful

Just got 2 GA in Vancouver after constantly trying on multiple platforms for 1hr 20min.

When you get a TM error, restart your browser and navigate back to the presale/re-enter your code etc. Ultimately, I got it thru an Incognito Internet Explorer window, but I don't think the browser really had anything to do with my success. It said GA was unavailable for 1hr and 20min and then it was available, so there was obviously a release of more tickets. 

Keep trying!

Just to add more 2 cents to this nonsense about the need to be patient.  I ended up with tickets in a city that I really didn't want to go to because that is all I could get after already slagging off work for an hour of wrangling with the ticketmaster nonsense.  Now, four and a half hours later, there seem to be plenty of GA's available at the venue to which I originally wanted to attend.  Why?  Why would we need to go through these games and hoops when we paid for the "pre-sale."  Why on earth would they have no tickets available for hours, only then to release them hours after many people would logically start making second and sub-optimal choices.  Absurd.  Why did RZ tickets get sold without presale codes, while many of us waited for our announced presale time only to find that they were all gone.

I get it - lots of demand, long-term members should get first crack, etc.  But, the problems today go well beyond that.  Johnny Rotten's old line about "ever get the feeling you've been cheated" is rattling around my mind this afternoon.

after an hour of frustration I exited TM and then re-entered via the U2 tour page and got my 4 GA (vancouver) on the first try.

Happy now, but man, they need to fix something.

Edited by maxgees

Dear Larry

Many moons ago Ticketmaster messed up presales on the Vertigo tour.

You got involved and it got better. I have been trying to use my presales all day for Toronto and just get an error from the site saying 'unable to process please try later'

Strange thing is I managed to book and pay for my flights from London to Toronto no problem , that's 3 people at nearly 1.5k along with the electronic visa from the Canadian Government, no issues very happy.

Now it's just tickets I need, given it's now 8 hours into the presales I would imagine the only way I will get a ticket is via a tout, sorry Ticketmasters reseller site, Rock n Roll used to be fun.

So bit of a rant - will try and keep it short.

Ticketmaster. Why the hell are these still the #1 site bands use? My buying experience in the Wires pre-sale saw our reasonable seats go further back and further up as the site crashed during purchase phase a number of times. Instead of being above crowd level nr B-Stage, we are now middle tier, 3/4 down the stadium. NOT what we wanted.

We wanted Red Zone. Not available to pick on Ticketmaster.

However - there are PLENTY of tickets available on GetMeIn, Seatwave, ViaGoGo. This should not be allowed. AT ALL. These are PRESALE TICKETS and I understand U2.com are tracking these. However some of these sites are run by ... Ticketmaster, and when Ticketmaster says "there are no tickets", they then direct you to these reselling sites. Ticket touting is supposed to be illegal - yet TM do it?

My mate trying for GA at an alternative gig again in Wires pre-sale. Not had any availability all day since 9am. when he picked some that came up on Pitch 2 - site crashed. It's ten hours later and still nothing.

So - what is the value in getting access to pre-sale - if there is NO AVAILABILITY for pre-sale buyers? You can bet that GA will be made available to the public on Monday. As a subscriber we should get access to tickets IF THE TICKETS ARE THERE. That's what we pay a subscription for. Because we like the band THAT MUCH we spend $50 a year just for site access, and occasionally a pre-sale code.

If Tom can't get tickets until the public sale - his pre-sale code is effectively worthless.

We are both of the same opinion - the 2017 gift had better be bloody good after the stress Ticketmaster has ONCE AGAIN caused us today.

Vancouver was fine for me.  Like others have said on the board, try the TM app.  I was able to reject about five sets of tickets before deciding I'd settle for a corner section.  

I agree with you wholeheartedly! What, indeed, is the value of membership when availability is non-existent? I just checked StubHub for a Seattle, WA show in the US and general admission is going for $545 per ticket. 

I just looked and was easily able to get GA and other tix for Chicago. about 11:45 CST now.

Wow... So U2.com / TM f**k a lot of us over twice? First on long standing membership and then on when GAs are available. 

Make sense...but glad you got GA's!! 

I agree with you wholeheartedly! What, indeed, is the value of membership when availability is non-existent? I just checked StubHub for a Seattle, WA show in the US and general admission is going for $545 per ticket. 

I pulled Seattle GAs from TM just now. 

Completely agree. I've been to U2 shows in the past, but just paid the $50 subscription yesterday to make sure I could get GA tickets to Dallas. I was on at 9:00 this morning, got GA tix once, but there was an error and I lost them. Since then, I've only gotten choices for the upper deck. And, now Ticketmaster has apparently blocked my IP because it thinks I'm a bot since I've been trying all day to get tickets. One would think that the largest sports complex in the United States would have more tickets available. I'm sure they're holding tickets back for the general sale, which totally dilutes the presale.

Why in the world would TM offer me nosebleed seats when I'm searching for level 100 seats and tie those tickets up for 3 minutes? Stupid fucking site. I'm just about done going to concerts because of TM. The pre sale for Chicago is a joke. GA's weren't offered for almost 3 hours and I still haven't been able to get level 100 or 200 seating. There will be no hotels available either because of a conference that weekend also. Kinda dangerous going to Chicago these days anyway, might get shot.

I could not get GA in Chicago but had not problem with getting three tix in  Cleveland this morning.  Went back on with my one remaining ticket and can get GA in Chicago at 2: pm CST...Grrrr

Edited by kricket

Wow...how is it that these chumps still have a monopoly, and bands obey?

8:55am: logged in, presale code copied
9:00am: refresh, select, click through street signs - success! 2GA tickets @ $70 each (plus $60 service charges)

But...fatal error...I release and try again to see if selecting broader price range could score Red Zone tix...

9:01am: "We were unable to process your request. Try again later."

Sold out? No way. Must be a mistake...

9:01am - 9:58am: repeat, repeat, repeat...street signs, store fronts, houses, rivers...like a hamster on a wheel...

Hope fading, I check the forums for solace. EUREKA - it's a site error. Of course. My heart said there were still tickets available. SO...

10:11am: dump cache, restart browser, log in again, enter info, AND...

post-693132-0-11813300-1484252864_thumb.jpg

Heartbreak...

But wait...what's this? An unlocked option for "Tickets + U2 subscription"...but no, that must be sold out too, I'm already in the fan club, right?

Not. post-693132-0-39205300-1484252860_thumb.jpg

It's pathetic that TM can't keep their site working, or at least put up a message explaining the workaround in case of error.

It's a total scam that they claim no tickets available for actual fan club members, unless you pay an additional bribe to join AGAIN and presto - tickets available.

They must burn.

Edited by arrbee

Dear Larry

You got involved and it got better. I have been trying to use my presales all day for Toronto and just get an error from the site saying 'unable to process please try later'

Strange thing is I managed to book and pay for my flights from London to Toronto no problem , that's 3 people at nearly 1.5k along with the electronic visa from the Canadian Government, no issues very happy.

Now it's just tickets I need, given it's now 8 hours into the presales I would imagine the only way I will get a ticket is via a tout, sorry Ticketmasters reseller site, Rock n Roll used to be fun.

The issue you are having is because you are accessing the website from outside the US .

Ticketmaster.com blocks access to foreign people,it results in that error "unable to process later".

The only way around it is to use a vpn and use chrome .

You will also have to delete your cookies regularly .

Alternatively use the mobile version of Ticketmaster ,that's not geoblocked.

I dont know why Ticketmaster do this to foreign people ,its not fair ,other Ticketmaster variations do not have this bug.

I logged in this morning for the Wire Presale at 09.00am and was unfortunate not to get any tickets for my chosed venue.

I can only get to Dublin due to work and family commitments

I was aware that Dublin is and will always be a popular venue

I've done Slane, Croker, Phoenix Park and the RDS (have tickets and pics as proof)

So long story short cleared cache, reset IP, used multiple systems PC, Android and never got a snifter of any tickets

Had to stop at half 10 as I had to go to work

Work is a restricted area where I have no access to internet or phone

have now got home and as I thought there are still no tickets available

I read frequent posts....keep trying, refresh etc

When do you decide enough is enough?

I was frustrated and disappointed this morning and apologies if I spoke ill of anyone

Do I just suck it up and be hopeful the ticket gods will favour me on Monday

Can anyone advise what happens with unused pre sale code?

Its doubtful there will be more shows and if they are, I don't think pre sale codes will be able to be used

Mods refer to T's & C' s that membership and pre sale code do not guarantee a ticket but why are these memberships being offered if the availability is not there to supply the demand for tickets?

Edited by Asterix

Hi all,

Just needed to vent. Have spent hours (and counting) trying to secure tickets to Vancouver and Seattle. Vancouver GA finally popped up (several hours after going on sale) and I went ahead and booked those tickets (2). Yes! Seattle finally popped up and had them all the way to the final submit page and they kicked me out because my code had "exceeded its limit". Well, I only bought 2 tickets (Vancouver) and everything I've read leading up to this has said we could split shows on your club membership (2 here, 2 there, up to the 4 ticket limit).

I spoke with a U2.com rep who told me repeatedly that I can exceeded the limit and mentioned some new vague rules about not being able to split between countries or continents (same continent) and that I should've read the rules more carefully. I still don't see that language anywhere. She said there was nothing she could do and moreover hinted at the fact that I was trying to "game the system."

So, I've paid my membership fee for half my allotted tickets. If they weren't available or I was too slow fair play, but at this very instant I can go to the ticketmaster.com page and buy another ticket/fanclub membership bundle and get floor seats, so I know there available, just for more $$$. Screw that. Not dropping any extra $. Seems like the system designed to extract every last cent from fans. How does this work? What am I missing? I feel duped. I think I pledged never to do the fan-club ticket thing 10 years ago...I should've remembered.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Ryan

Edited by redpillbox

Dear Larry

See the pinned thread that addresses this exact (and very annoying) issue.  Basically, TM gives you that message when you make repeated attempts to search for tickets (and secretly then locks you out).  What you need to do is close that TM tab, clear your history, and reopen the TM site.  You can then actually search for tickets (for real) again--at least until you see that obnoxious "unable to process" message (then repeat the procedure).

Oh, and contrary to the immediately preceding post, this IS happening in the US.  I had the exact thing happen, but fortunately saw the thread with the solution.

Edited by mike7man

To answer your original question..why do the bands use Ticketmaster...because they're virtually a MONOPOLY. Remember when Pearl Jam tried to get around using them. How that POS service is still in existence is boggling. No one can seem to get around them. Hopefully some new tech expert will come up with a new system and put them out of business..however they are now with LiveNation who owns/runs venues and concerts...

Use the Ticketmaster mobile app. I got the same message repeatedly for New York. After 20 minutes, I switched to the TM app and got the seats I wanted. Easy peazy. It's a browser cache issue, not an issue Larry can solve. Cheers and good luck.