Sign in to follow this  
shack1

Where are you staying ?

Coming from Canada. Was able to book The Clarence ...going for the full U2 experience :)

Stayed at the Clarence in 2009 for the 360 shows - I checked availability the day before this  announcement and stupidly did not book it - It was wide open - Next day - blocked and gone! We liked it then - Had a River Suite which was large - it was the only room left when I booked. In 2015 We stayed at the Morgan on Fleet Street in Temple Bar - Loved it!   Nice and modern small boutique  if that's what you like -great service and great coctktail bar and in the middle of everything - In 2009 we walked part of the way to and back from Croke - with thousands and thousands of fans! I will never forget it - Leaving the stadium, walking through the residential streets, thousands singing in unison - I still get chills! Can't wait to do it again! Weather was tremendous in 2009 - no rain but for a shower night 3. 2015 a different story - Rain and Cold for 4 days - glad the shows were indoors!  So this time it is the Morgan again! Location, Location Location!  Will see everyone in Dublin in July!

Another Norh American heading across the ocean in July.

Staying down in the Christchurch area. Not as convenient for the concert, but works for the rest of the week.

Coming from Canada. Was able to book The Clarence ...going for the full U2 experience :)

Highly recommend going to Cleaver East for dinner so, or at least the afternoon tea. The Liquor Rooms, the cocktail bar, downstairs is a bit dungeon-y but the drinks are great!

sleeping on a park bench for two nights at the moment.

Tried to book room in the Temple Bar Hostel last week through Lastminute and received an email over weekend saying they couldnt secure the booking. 

AirBnB has also gone through the roof now for anywhere remotely central.

I got a Two-Bedroom Apartment @ Trinity College Campus Accommodation for €162 per night. Bargain!
Anyone else staying @ TCC?

Tried to book room in the Temple Bar Hostel last week through Lastminute and received an email over weekend saying they couldnt secure the booking. 

So many people get Euro signs in front of their eyes when U2 play, bring back the old days :) The Spencer for us as it was as cheap as anywhere

Check out somewhere like Dun Laoghaire. It's a 20 min DART (train) journey into the city centre, Right on the coast. From Connolly station it's a very quick walk to Croke Park. Basically anywhere along the DART line on the coast would suit you. Dublin is a small city. 

Check out somewhere like Dun Laoghaire. It's a 20 min DART (train) journey into the city centre, Right on the coast. From Connolly station it's a very quick walk to Croke Park. Basically anywhere along the DART line on the coast would suit you. Dublin is a small city. 

Are there late trains after the gig?

Are there late trains after the gig?

Last train at 23.30 from Connolly. It's a 10 min walk from the stadium to Connolly Station. 

If you decide to get into the city centre for some drinks afterwards, just get a taxi. Should be approx 20 euro (estimating, I live halfway between Dun Laughaire and the city centre and a taxi home is a tenner for me). 

Check out areas like Sandymount, Ballsbridge, Blackrock, Monkstown on the Southside and Clontarf, Fairview, Raheny (these walkable from the stadium) and Malahide and Howth and Sutton on the Northside. All are on the DART line. There may be some AirBnBs. 

Travelling to Dublin as a group of 8, arriving Friday morning, and have just got an apartment through AirBnB at Hanover Quay.

Looking forward to a great Friday night in Dublin, and then the main event on Saturday !!

AirBnB is definitely working out cheaper than hotel rooms......just about to release 2 rooms (both quadruple rooms that I had reserved at the Skylon hotel - €246 per room per night), so if anyone is still searching - this should become available not long after making this post.....

Roll on July....

Croker is actually about a 10 to 15 min (longer in traffic obviously) journey from the Airport. So any of you just doing a short 1 nighter   -maybe the Airport hotels are an option. 

When you go from the Airport towards the City center, you actually go past Croke Park.

Nitz1 & Ragoo - Thanks for the tips! Will be our first time in Ireland and coming with my wife and ( 2 late teen ) daughters - so excited!! Still hoping for a second show though :)

Who needs a hotel. We are on the 6.30am Saturday flight from East Mids returning to East Mids on the 8.00am flight from Dublin Sunday morning. Gonna be a long day !!!!

Who needs a hotel. We are on the 6.30am Saturday flight from East Mids returning to East Mids on the 8.00am flight from Dublin Sunday morning. Gonna be a long day !!!!

we`ve got a nice b&b in drogheda for £260 for 4 nights and have hired a car so we get to do some great sightseeing 

If it was July in a real summer country 20ish people in the backyard on deckchairs or with sleeping bags with no problems :P

For easy going people

http://www.hostelworld.com/hotels/dublin

There are still a good number of places available here and there

Keep in mind that zip code with odd numbers is Northside, even for Southside

Croke Park is definitely Northside :) but it's always better to check distances with Google maps

Travelling down from Co.Antrim on Sat morn. Staying in Clarion hotel, Liffey Valley,  on outskirts of city near Phoenix park.  1 night, quick exit on Sun morn around M50 to Airport, onwards to Toronto, via Iceland! So no second show for me, if there is one!

If the Clarion in Liffey Valley is like it used to be when at IFSC (now The Spencer) you will be more than happy

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny. I'm jealous!

Just booked Maldron Parnell Square -- did the "Advance Pay" option for €271 a night, July 21 and 22.

I'll need to forego eating, paying bills, etc., but at least I found a place to stay.

We are in the Maldron Smithfield.  While getting our flights/hotel, they said that Dublin is over 90% booked.  Maybe a scare tactic but it worked.  Spending a week and a half in Ireland.  A dream trip for sure!  Deciding which brother to sell to pay for this trip.