Sign in to follow this  
U2familydavid

Presale Disappointment / But Still My Fave Band (MERGED)

stay in the fan club.  Pre-sale for long time members was open the day before everyone else.  I got 4 GA tickets for Boston in a matter of seconds.

Bigwave--that's a cryptic post (unless I'm just being dense)--??  Don't see any content?

Bigwave--that's a cryptic post (unless I'm just being dense)--??  Don't see any content?

was a topic bump so I could merge 2 similar... giving away trade secrets...  :D

Thanks everyone, just worried about paying £50 and still not being able to get tickets! Was trying for seats for London from the minute they went on general sale today - took 8 mins to get through the virtual queue and sold out by then :(

If you buy a subscription now, you should be able to get tickets for London 2 Wire pre-sale this Thursday. 

I had a guy I know purchase subscription Friday few hours before all pre-sales closed for Barcelona. He got the tickets he wanted with no hassle :-) 

I'm a long-term (paying) member since 2004.

I've always gotten GA tickets for every show in Amsterdam.

2005 Vertigo Tour: 4 tickets

2009 360 Tour: 4 tickets

2015 iNNOCENCE + eXPIERENCE Tour: 2 tickets

2017 The Joshua Tree Tour: 4 tickets

I honestly can say that for me an U2.com subscription is worth every penny.

Wish I hadn't let mine lapse, but you have to prioritize sometimes.

Yesterday was a nightmare for me, I'm in the wires group but could no way afford the tickets that were left for London last Thursday, so into the general sale I went with high hopes. How wrong I was. This was due to be my youngest son's first U2 gig, my 14 year old son's second show, and continued my streak that goes back 20 years.

It wasn't so much that they sold so quick, but to see the legalised touting from Ticketmaster showing tickets for up to four times their price just rubbed salt into the wounds.

So now I wait till Thursday and try again. Wish me luck!

Edited by Homerj1977

I paid and have gotten nothing for Foxborough.  Infuriating.  This is the first time since 1985 that I may miss a tour.  Detest scalpers and ticket agencies. I wish you better luck!

Yes, it's totally worth it.

This is how I've been getting U2 tickets since the 80s.

How many people actually got Red Zone seats?  I see some anecdotal postings but it appears that Red Zone tickets are a super rare exception.

Then let's talk about the Presale.  Both presale groups supposedly got a presale to get good seats (I'll skip the discussion on the fairness by which those groups were determined).  But if you go on ticketmaster you'll see that the best seats in the house are now listed under "Platinum" and Ticketmaster is selling those seats for 2x or 3x face value.  Let's repeat that again- these are NOT resale seats these are seats being sold directly by Ticketmaster for several times more than face value.

Why even have a presale if the fans can't get the best seats and the best seats are being held back by the ticket company?

Given the dearth of actual Red Zone tickets sales I'm betting that you'll soon see Ticketmaster start selling those tickets for a minimum of $1000.

This band used to sing about the plight of the poor and the terribleness of underdeveloped countries.  Now you equivalent of those nations' GDP to purchase a ticket to their concert.

I'm disgusted by the whole thing and while I did get tickets (not great seats but seats nonetheless) I'm considering selling them because of who this whole ticketing thing is turning out.

1htgzx.jpg

Been in the "fan club" since 1986 (Propaganda days when you ordered tix through the mail and always got them).  I got nothing for Boston in presale or general sale. Livid.

How many people actually got Red Zone seats?  I see some anecdotal postings but it appears that Red Zone tickets are a super rare exception.

Then let's talk about the Presale.  Both presale groups supposedly got a presale to get good seats (I'll skip the discussion on the fairness by which those groups were determined).  But if you go on ticketmaster you'll see that the best seats in the house are now listed under "Platinum" and Ticketmaster is selling those seats for 2x or 3x face value.  Let's repeat that again- these are NOT resale seats these are seats being sold directly by Ticketmaster for several times more than face value.

Why even have a presale if the fans can't get the best seats and the best seats are being held back by the ticket company?

Given the dearth of actual Red Zone tickets sales I'm betting that you'll soon see Ticketmaster start selling those tickets for a minimum of $1000.

This band used to sing about the plight of the poor and the terribleness of underdeveloped countries.  Now you equivalent of those nations' GDP to purchase a ticket to their concert.

I'm disgusted by the whole thing and while I did get tickets (not great seats but seats nonetheless) I'm considering selling them because of who this whole ticketing thing is turning out.

1htgzx.jpg

^^^ well said, I have a hard time expressing myself but what about the "resale" tickets that are on there too? This whole experience has left me very disappointed and it really looks like TM is just fucking everyone over on this. 

Been in the "fan club" since 1986 (Propaganda days when you ordered tix through the mail and always got them).  I got nothing for Boston in presale or general sale. Livid.

Been in the "fan club" since 1985 ... got nothing I Wanted too

I'm afraid that Nobody Cares for the GOLDEN MEMBERS anymore   <_< 

Unless you were in the Red Hill group you were very, very limited on what you could buy

Very few Wire members got GA and were offered nosebleeds instead

Lots of I'm ok, I got my tickets now I want more on here, but very little sympathy on here from fellow fans

I'd advise you keep your money and save on the disappointment

Better of buying the tour DVD

Unless you were in the Red Hill group you were very, very limited on what you could buy

Very few Wire members got GA and were offered nosebleeds instead

Not completely true, many Wires here in Zoo saying they (eventually) were able to get GA 

I have had presale disappointment in the past after being a member for years.  So I stopped.  Now trying to get tickets as general public is a joke.  On TM right at 10am CST and all gone already?  I am also seeing tickets on Stubhub and other Ticket Broker sites for the Chicago June 4 show, for which presale does not even start until tomorrow...how is that possible?  U2 will always be my favorite band but I am truly disappointed in how this is being run.  The scalpers are still winning... :angry:

I as well as many others tried to get GA pre sale tickets for Tampa. I put the blame on ticket master servers not able to handle the volume. Anyway no luck for pre sale but did get GA today about 3 hours into open sales. So much for paying membership fees if you can't get pre sale tickets that you are looking for. Still one of the best all time bands. Would of loved to see them when I was in Ireland but no shows at that time.

Good things come to those that wait!  I started this thread a few days ago very disappointed with value of my "pre-sale" in getting decent tix for the Rosebowl show...

However, the addition of the second RoseBowl Show and my 9am pre-sale effort got my family 4 GA Tix!  Super excited to take my 2 kids to see my fave band since 1986.  It'll be their first rock show. Can't think of a better way to get their concert career going.

I felt the need to remedy by salty post of a few days ago now that my presale investment has payed off.

Enjoy the shows World!

Managed to get London 1 & 2 and Amsterdam 1 using Wires presale this and last week.

London 2 GA is available now.