jenmusic

Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

43 942.afternoon all.been a busy week.been away for 2 days and it's been really nice.back to work today then off for the weekend.

Hope all is good with everyone.🙂🙂

43 944..Hi Padawanbeck84...👋👋👋👋👋

43 945 Evening all. Finally got my new PC working at 1am this morning... absolute nightmare. Motherboard came with out of date bios so wouldn't boot, RAM was knackered so had to buy some more...

43946 The heatwave persists. Another week of very high temperatures is coming up.

43, 947 - Post-convention afternoon counting. I had a lovely morning - although my costume gets quite warm in this weather! 

The funniest part was Iron Man's grand entrance setting off the fire alarm :lol: 

43949 Clear blue sky and warm count at noon

43950 grey, cold and wet counting

43951 Hi Kastee, very long time no see. 

43, 952 - It's so hot here that I've got back into my pyjamas. They're the coolest, lightest clothes I've got :lol:

43 953.afternoon all.still sunny and warm here.

Have had some sad news today.a close friend of ours passed away yesterday.he had been ill for quite a long time and was in his 80.s so I think he led a full and active life.

43, 954 - Boiled night-time counting :( 

Comiserations about your friend @caz63 As you say, 80+ is a good long life. There's a lady at our library who is well into her 80s and she comes in regular as clockwork for 4-6 books at a time!

I hope I can be like her if I reach that age :) 

43 955 thank you Padawanbeck84. 

43, 956 - Another sunny morning. Time to type up the short story I started yesterday :D

43957 Still very warm here, but heavy rains are predicted for tonight.

• Like 1

43, 958 - Sad afternoon counting. One of our favourite local radio presenters from BBC Radio Shropshire died suddenly earlier today. She was only 41 :(

It's going to feel weird not hearing her anymore on the afternoon show. 

43 959 I heard that earlier on the radio here.very sad. Padawanbeck84. 😥😥😥

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2018 at 3:08 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

43, 940 - I saw that report on temperatures in Spain and Portugal... 48 C! :o

Our foreign office and travel companies are warning people not to go there. Or to come home if they're already on holiday. Temperatures like that will kill people :( 

And still some people refuse to believe climate change is real. Up in Finland, they're seeing their hottest ever temperatures. Forest fires in the Arctic Circle... it's all very scary.

The Mendocino fire in California had a huge firenado yesterday.  It was the equivalent of an F3 tornado with winds in excess of 130 mph.  It was lifting houses off their foundations before it incinerated them.  It's terrifying.  I was watching about the temps in Spain and Portugal.  I saw where it's so warm in Finland that the highest mountain is no longer the highest because of the snow melt.  We have professional firefighters in America.  I saw where a group of professionals consists of volunteers in either Spain or Portugal.  That's quite heroic and very scary.  I hope everyone stays safe.  Forest fires in Antarctica?  I saw that too.  😨

43, 960.

Edited by Manohlive

I need to remind myself that if I'm thirsty-I'm already dehydrated; as is anyone else who is thirsty.  It's easy to forget or not realize even though one already knows. Fatigue, dizziness, etc.  Please look them up if you are not completely aware.  I don't want any of us to get sick unnecessarily.

43, 961.

43 963.afternoon all.day off today so was going to start painting the new part 0f the fence but its looking really cloudy so think it will have to wait till the weekend.

Hope all is good with everyone 

43 964 Hmm. People are strange...

Tried to confront someone about the way they treated me over the past year. Basically they don't care. But at least the weight is now lifted. Better to clear the air.

Here's to new beginnings

• Like 1

43, 966 - A very beautiful early evening with the windows open count.