PacoBear

How many of you were at the original Joshua Tree tour?

dhaygood    0

December 12, 1987 Hampton Va. The last show of the JT tour. Larry sang Teqelia Sunrise and the Dalton Bros. played. The band had so much energy it was surreal. 

craiggibbo    0

Hell yeh,way back 1987,saw them at Leeds ,what a show,what a night,will never forget,U2 at their best,also backing them that night were The Pretenders and The Mission .

biglab    0

Nassau veterans memorial coliseum 1987. Great show! I was 16 with lots of black hair and a red hot red headed Irish girl friend!

Alcon    0

Murrayfield stadium -1987 ,a great show , Dublin this time around /so looking forward to it on their own ground

rudolfje1    0

The Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam is where I saw them in 1987 and that should have been the same stadium for this tour as well. The sound quality has always been so poor in the Amsterdam Arena.

nipper    0

my uncle brought me to see u2 in 1987 that was my fist u2 gig and they were great

30 years on and i am bring my family to see them 

can wate for croke park 2017 

rantnnravin    0

Emerging from the shadows and tall trees to answer this question:

Yes, I was there for Meadowlands, MSG, and Nassau Coliseum on the original JT tour.

My sister lived in London at the time, so I also got to fly over for the show at Wembley. 

My very first U2 show was the Unforgettable Fire at Radio City - I was 16. We had row 6 tickets and I rushed the stage on the first note. At 4'10", I was getting crushed up against the stage, so I climbed up onto this "lip" that I think is for the Rockettes' footlights - anyhow - Bono motioned to security to let me be and that's where I stayed for the whole show. He sang "wipe the tears off your eyes..." to me. 

---My sister and I had broken into NBC Studios a few days before in order to meet Bono, who had been a guest on "Live at Five." I was bawling like a baby and could barely form words.  What a wonderful memory that is!

Farmerpotts    0

I was 17 and saw U2 at Birmingham NEC, only cost me £9 face value! Still got my original JT tour T shirt and will wearing it with pride 30 years later at Twikenham which will make it my 10th U2 gig!! Respect to the many fans I've met who passed that milestone many times over. Gonna be special folks!

grifty    0

I was just 19 and went to see the Joshua Tree at the SECC in Glasgow on the 29th July 1987 which if I remember was a Wednesday.

We were almost the first ones there and as a result we were pretty much the last of the people to leave the car park and as we were heading out a large blacked out U2 tour bus drew along side us. Seeing the bus and assuming it was heading for a nearby hotel, we decided we should follow it and see if we could catch a glimpse of the group.  However our driving mate had other thoughts and drove straight on as the bus took a right turn.  Could have killed him!!!   :angry:  :P

Edited by grifty

I was 17 and saw U2 at Birmingham NEC, only cost me £9 face value! Still got my original JT tour T shirt and will wearing it with pride 30 years later at Twikenham which will make it my 10th U2 gig!! Respect to the many fans I've met who passed that milestone many times over. Gonna be special folks!

More to the point respect to any fan who can still fit into their shirt from 30 years ago :-)

mcnabb5    0

I saw The Joshua Tree Tour in Pittsburgh in October of 1987. I bought my two tickets from the U2 World Service(Propaganda) essentially blind, having no idea what seats I'd be in. My brother and I walked into Three Rivers Stadium, looking at the numbered section placards elevated on the stadium floor. Wooden chairs covered the field, no GA line back then! We were stunned to find our section dead center in the very front of the floor. I watched the show from row 7 in the middle. Unbelievable night. I bootlegged that show on my Sony Walkman and played those cassettes for years, a prized possession. I can't wait to be on the floor of Heinz Field in June. 30 years was worth the wait.

oisin269    0

Wembley Arena.

Wembley Stadium (both nights).

Leeds,Elland Road.

Paris,Hippodrome.

Cardiff Arms Park.

Birmingham NEC 3RD & 4TH August.

Miami,Orange Bowl.

Tampa Stadium.

Still one of the best tours they ever did in my opinion.So many great nights!

Judith86    1

Wasn't there!

Was only one year old hehe, but won't be missing the celebrations this year :)

gibbo1968    69

More to the point respect to any fan who can still fit into their shirt from 30 years ago :-)

and even more to the point it survived a mothers ironing(or lack of ) technique!!!

I saw the band play the Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, IL. What was really cool about this night isn't the obvious. The cool thing was me sitting outside the arena and watching a taxi cab drive by. Whose in the back seat? Larry and The Edge. I was like holy sh**, how cool is this? The show that followed was great, but I'll never forgot the beginning of the night!!!