Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MKmonte

Bag Policy for US Stadiums

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

People who attend Sports Things will already know this, but for those of us who are less frequent patrons... 

Reminder that since many of the stadiums on the US leg are usually home to NFL games, please be sure to check their bag policies, as there have been some updates since U2's last stadium tour.  Clear plastic bags, and clutch bags with size restrictions have been enforced for football games, and when I contacted the venue I'll be attending this summer they told me that policy will be in effect for U2.

I don't work for any of these places and cannot speak on their behalf, but just trying to get the word out so nobody is left in a pickle and being forced to abandon their bag.  If in doubt, just ask your venue.

Plan accordingly!  :D

Thank you for posting this. I agree. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the venue. Some may be stricter than others.

Thank you for posting this. I agree. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the venue. Some may be stricter than others.

Some Days (venues) are Stricter than Others.....

I do work at a sports venue (not one where U2 will be stopping) but I think most places are pretty consistent.  I'm sure you will have to take everything out of your pockets and open all purses/bags you want to bring in.   For something like this its best to just bring your ticket, cash, ID, phone and camera (check the venue policy for camera's).   The less people have, the faster the lines move to get in.   Please remember that you may have to walk though a metal detector or be wanded.   Don't give security a problem if you get asked to step aside.  There just doing there job to keep everyone safe.

Posted (edited)

I was at the Seattle show. There was a merch table outside the venue near the GA line up.  Century Link is a clear bag stadium. When I went through security, I got stuck behind a guy trying to bring in his white U2 merch bag inside. Can't bring it in because it has to be clear even though the white merch bags are being given out just a few feet from the security entrance. So he had to dump everything out and carry his things in his pockets.  So if you plan to buy merch outside a stadium, be sure to have a clear bag or ziploc to carry your items inside. 

Edited by ballardmama

In the US, almost every sports venue is now a clear bag only venue, and a lot have specific sizes or styles you are allowed to have. Check with the venue in particular you are going to. The good thing is, some venues have sports shops on site that are open year round and have clear bags for sale but it will probably have the stadium or team logo on it.

I just ordered a clear, small messenger bag. Thank God I got one day shipping through amazon! lol. I'm trying to make the day as less stressful as possible. Have fun and be safe everyone!

So glad I saw this thread before attending the Santa Clara show.  Bought the tote bag that tvham recommended upthread and it worked great.  Using it as an embroidery project bag now.

A friend of a friend did not know about the policy and it seriously damaged her experience.  She waited a line a long time to check her bag and missed Mumford.  Then at the end of the show, she waited 90 minutes to get the bag back.  She had to pay a limo driver for that extra time.  

I don't live in an NFL city, and had no idea about the bag policy or that you could buy reuseable clear tote bags on Amazon.

Loved, loved, loved the show, btw.