Max Tsukino

u2thejoshuatree
Seattle Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

285 posts in this topic

01_Seattle_Timetable_Header.jpg02_Seattle_Timetable_Times.jpg03_Seattle_Info.jpg04_Seattle_Footer.jpg

I was in downtown Seattle with a friend late this evening and went by CenturyLink Field around 1:00am and saw a guy standing on the west side of the venue with a "GA" line-up sign. We stopped and talked to him he mentioned there were 28 people so far who had signed up and they were taking rotating shifts so others could get on the list. I guess they were stamping hands and one person would stay for a few hours and then get relived but that everyone was required to check in at certain times. He said people started lining up Friday evening around 8:00pm. We didn't see anyone else down there but clearly there are some die-hards who are ok with waiting a few days in advance. With multiple entrances I am sure more lines will be forming at some point today (Saturday).

What a start to all this in Vancouver!

No time to take a breath as we head over the border into Seattle... you going? Stage construct is well underway and fans gathering, follow this thread & add / share all Seattle happenings..

Can this show go on in the rain? Any chance of cancellation at this point?

Shows are usually rain or shine. The only time I've ever seen shows by anyone postponed or canceled was due to extreme thunderstorms or worse.

It wont cancel for rain. It's Seattle. 😉 Centurylink has a retractable roof. That said, I think they'll keep it open unless it gets too bad.

Suggestion, wear a raincoat with a hood. Also that stadium can get a little chilly when the sun goes down. 

I cannot wait! 

8 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

It wont cancel for rain. It's Seattle. 😉 Centurylink has a retractable roof. That said, I think they'll keep it open unless it gets too bad.

Suggestion, wear a raincoat with a hood. Also that stadium can get a little chilly when the sun goes down. 

Centurylink doesn't have a retractable roof. Many of the seats are covered but those in the 100 level and those in GA will be open to the elements. They will not cancel it for rain - it will be a bit cold as is the risk for concerts at this time of year. I'm sure U2 will warm everyone up.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully letting fans in goes much smoother than last night. there is construction going on down at Century Link as there was for BC Place but it sounded like for last night's show they were only having GA ticket holders in through one entrance though which was surprising and upsetting to many. I believe Century Link will have multiple entrance points. Also for those with ticket-less entry remember to bring the credit card with you and I would recommend bringing a print out of your original purchase showing that you have those seats. I heard that last night to get people in they stopped swiping credit cards and basically allowing people in, so that could potentially cause issues if you show up to your seats and find someone else sitting there. So bring some proof if need be, better to be safe than sorry but hopefully there aren't any of the issues from last night here in Seattle.

Edited by K5Jon

I'm thinking of Safco.... 

The GA for Vancouver sounded nuts...  I have GA for a different date (not Seattle) & am hoping that starts going more smoothly or I'm considering buying a seat or RED zone again if I can get it...

Just picked up GA line position #172 around noon. Line is being organized on west side of stadium--the side closest to Pacific Ocean :)

Are people camping overnight? Crap. I had no idea it would start this early. 

I'm hoping to get close with my 3 young boys. 

2 hours ago, tomokeefe said:

Just picked up GA line position #172 around noon. Line is being organized on west side of stadium--the side closest to Pacific Ocean :)

Are you waiting there now? Update? 

2 hours ago, jajarthur said:

Are you waiting there now? Update? 

Next check in at 7pm

6 hours ago, jajarthur said:

Are people camping overnight? Crap. I had no idea it would start this early. 

I'm hoping to get close with my 3 young boys. 

From what the guy told me last night and what Tomokeefe has posted basically instead of making everyone stay there overnight they are doing a set check in time for everyone allowing people to go back home or their hotel, to sleep, etc. It sounds like you sign in once you get there, with the one person on duty who has a checklist. I think they stamp your hand and tell you to report back at x time. They take turns in shifts and everyone spends a few hours as the list holder to sign new people up, but then everyone is required to check back in at a certain time. I am guessing that come tomorrow everyone will be required to show up and start lining up with everyone else. Tomo can probably shed more accurate light on how it works if different what I typed.

The one issue you may have with your young boys is having taller people standing in front of them the closer you get. Based on the photos I saw of Vancouver last night it was like a cattle car of fans together the closer you got to the B-stage and main stage but the further out you were on the floor the easier it was for smaller fans not to be crowded.

Anybody know what poster looks like and what they're charging?

The GA line in Vancouver was nuts. They started staging folks beyond the security checkpoint before doors opened, but there wasn't much space and it was overall pretty ineffective. It took nearly 2 hours to get in (after doors opened) from our spot at the second set of switchbacks. 

Anyone know if CenturyLink will be handing out official numbers/wrist bands for the GA queue? Many venues did this last tour and it was great. 

Drove by today to familiarize ourselves with the GA situation. It's unfortunate we couldn't get a number - couldn't check in at these times due to medication schedule. looks like we'll be needing to go earlier than planned but it's worth it/risk.

IMG_0468.JPG

TM just opened up GA online!!

2 hours ago, berger_william said:

Anybody know what poster looks like and what they're charging?

We saw some wilding promotional posters throughout Seattle last night while downtown, would be cool to have one but they are glued down and damage easily if a person tries to remove them plus with the all the rain (as it is currently pouring as I type this) it makes the paper rather mushy. Unsure if they will have that style for sale down at the venue, if it rains during the show it may deter people from buying paper-related items. May weather here can be unpredictable here.

3 minutes ago, JohnLynn said:

New GA at TM gone already.

I would not be surprised if more pop up tonight or tomorrow. A lot of tickets still available via resellers who you may see drop prices come tomorrow....if it is pouring rain here, and people want to go the 200 level are the Club Seats and are covered as are some of the 100 level.