Max Tsukino

u2thejoshuatree
Seattle Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

285 posts in this topic

Have 1 extra GA if anyone missed out on the drop tonight!

What happens if we can't make the 6/7am checkin tomorrow morning?

18 minutes ago, kbrownpsu said:

you snooze you lose

58 minutes ago, kbrownpsu said:

Remember that check-in time is only if you signed up down at the venue with whomever was handling the list. My guess is anyone who doesn't show up at the requested times of 7pm and 7am will be crossed off the list. That is the whole premise of the list, since it is fan-based, they expect everyone to show up at the agreed upon times rather than people just showing up an hour or so before showtime and say "Hey I am here for my spot!".

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, berger_william said:

Anybody know what poster looks like and what they're charging?

I don't have a picture of mine but it looks really cool. It's a black and white picture of a far away shot of the band on stage at the original tour in '87. $20. The tour program is $40 btw. March tent sold out when I tried to get mine, so I'm planning to pick up one in Seattle. 

Edited by fever

Does anyone have any info on "paperless tickets" that Ticketmaster was selling during the fan pre-sales?  Was this the cause for the slowdown in allowing people into the venue in Vancouver?

2 hours ago, fever said:

I don't have a picture of mine but it looks really cool. It's a black and white picture of a far away shot of the band on stage at the original tour in '87. $20. The tour program is $40 btw. March tent sold out when I tried to get mine, so I'm planning to pick up one in Seattle. 

The tour items are already up on the official store website, unsure if there will be show-only exclusive items but if you don't want to deal with picking up at the show, you can just order it online and I believe fan club 25% off renewal coupons will work on the items too offered online with some exceptions. None of the items do it for me, but may check at the show to see if anything exclusive is being offered that may interest me.

21 minutes ago, Roland Juno 60 said:

Does anyone have any info on "paperless tickets" that Ticketmaster was selling during the fan pre-sales?  Was this the cause for the slowdown in allowing people into the venue in Vancouver?

From what I have heard and read the paperless entry thing was one of the reasons for the delay. Also having one entrance for all of general admission was another issue. A friend of mine said he recalls receiving an email a week ago that there would be one entrance for Seattle only GA ticket holder and to plan accordingly. I don't recall seeing that email, but perhaps that will be nixed because of the headache it caused in Vancouver. We have reserved tickets so hopefully not a huge wait to get in but even still those delays compounded and upset a number of fans. Some reported they were rushing people in and were not even swiping the credit cards at one point.

According to Century Link's website there will only be one GA entrance again at the Century Link Field Event Center gate (http://www.centurylinkfield.com/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017/#1493837597359-357854b2-ea99). The other entrances will only be for people with seats. I doubt they would changes this as it becomes a problem with the line up if they start letting people in at all the entrances. Hopefully, they will learn from Vancouver and have a lot of people there to scan credit cards or maybe start letting people in before 5

I've got two GA tickets and can't make it for tonight. Reply for more information.

Ticketmaster just sent an e-mail with entry information. Have copy and pasted below for those that for some reason didn't receive it. It addresses the concern some people had about having both GA and seats on the same credit card:

If you purchased General Admission Floor 'paperless' tickets, you must enter
at the CenturyLink Field Event Center Gate.
Just show the credit card used for purchase and a photo ID at the entrance,
receive your Field Access wristband, and you're IN!

If you purchased the Red Zone package please proceed to Will Call to pick up
your tickets and entrance instructions. 

If you purchased tickets for the Main seating area, you can enter through
any of the other stadium gates, but not the Event Center Gate.  This
includes reserved seating 'paperless' tickets.

With Paperless Tickets (credit card entry), please be sure to bring the
credit card used to purchase and go directly to your entry gate. If you
purchased tickets for friends, you must all enter together as tickets cannot
be transferred to other credit cards. If you have both Field GA and Reserved
Seats on the same credit card, please go directly to a Box Office Resolution
window with your credit card and picture ID.

Dudes, I'm pretty sure the issues with enter were NOT due to BC place procedures, but rather due to people NOT reading the dozen emails that went out about the credit card entry. It was pretty clear, bring ID and the card you used to buy your tickets. If you don't have the card for any reason, contact ticketmaster before the show. The lines we were in moved pretty quickly so I honestly don't know what the hang up was that I keep hearing about. I thought the delay was related to the sun and waiting for it to get dark. I'm kind of anticipating the same type of delay tonight, just not sure we would get the same effect in evening light and it will get dark earlier, especially with our Seattle clouds. All items on the site were available in BC, but there was a BC place t-shirt that is not available on the site. See you guys at tonight's show! Can't wait to see the beautiful stage set against the beautiful Seattle backdrop rather than empty seats!

For those of you who were wondering about the VIP gift, I found this on Twitter:

I just arrived in Seattle via Amtrak and so excited about the show!!!

Heading over now. What's the headcount?