Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mich40

Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Release

Wait?...have people got their boxed sets? I haven't even got my shipping email yet? I preordered it as well.

8 hours ago, Frankaz said:

Or, don't bother wasting money on the 30th Anniversary version (£70!!!!) as the 20th Anniversary super deluxe was way better.

I just bought the remix versions from ITunes in the end. 

They are rather good... apart from the Streets one.

wasn't bothered about the live concert and I think all the B sides were on the 20th anniversary release anyway.

The digital release is perhaps the best price... and at least you can select the tracks you want.

I opted for the 7 disc vinyl box set.

It arrived on Friday, I had prepared myself to be disappointed but it's a thing of beauty, it really is.

I've only listened to the live album so far, the remixes are on the menu for tonight.

Did I need another version of an album that I already have on vinyl bought on it's original release date, normal CD & the CD box set from a few years ago?

Of course I don't, none of us do but it's U2 & I'm a sucker for a box set.

I ordered it from Amazon UK & everything that was supposed to be in the box was there, including the download code.

On 04/06/2017 at 1:00 PM, Frankaz said:

Or, don't bother wasting money on the 30th Anniversary version (£70!!!!) as the 20th Anniversary super deluxe was way better.

Still would of spent £25 downloading all the live and new remixes off itunes. So for the book, photos and the whole extra package, I think it's worth spending an extra £50. In 10 years time the extra money will be forgotten but you will always have the new boxset to cherish forever.

Edge's photos are beautiful. Currently listening to Jacknife Lee's Bullet remix and I'm loving how dirty it is.

Yeah the book, prints, live album and remixs are really great.

But I think I prefer the last Joshua Tree box set though on content and price. I agree digital download is best option if you just want the new tracks.

I think what is missing in this package is a video of a concert, there must be 4 or 5 professional shot for TV concerts out there.

I really, really love the remix tracks though for this offering especially With or Without You, One Tree Hill, Bullet the Blue Sky and Where the Streets have no Name.  Listening to them in the rain at the moment.

Edges photo book is really great as is the colour artwork, terrific.

Cant believe there arent anymore demos or original material from '86 that havent been released yet