Sign in to follow this  
Sunder

Ford Field "Convenience Fee"

So, while I was able to score TWO GA TICKETS in the public sale (wwwwhahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat?), upon checkout I noticed my two $70 tickets added up to $190 plus change. Turns out Ford Field charges a convenience fee of $43.

I'm happy to be going, but when a $70 ticket turns into $95, that's a problem. Don't think the Lads would be real happy with how their dedicated fan base is being ripped off here.

Thank you!!! I agree!!!! They charge you to mail you tickets, right? Who mails tickets any more??? Tell you what, makes me hopping mad how they're doing things over there at Ford. I posted about my sister and my husband's experiences with the ticket sale earlier today. They both used Ticketmaster apps, and i was home at my desktop trying to get tickets. All of us were totally clueless to the fact that you needed a login with Ford to get said tickets. Did you see anywhere on Ticketmaster or Ford's website anything about that before attempting to buy? Could've used the info before cueing up and having your tickets in the cart. Jeez. I'm aggravated at the fact that both my family members were confused by this arrangement, making it where they didn't get the tickets they could have got. Messed up system.

I paused for a minute when checking out and I saw that the fees were $5 away from being half the price of my single GA ticket.

Now I can understand $5-$10 total in fees but half the price of the ticket? How do they justify this?

Craziness...from what I've learned, Ford Field is expanding and putting in a whole mess of suites. They have over 1500 construction workers on site. I guess the fees are paying for their remodel. Go figure. I didn't pay that much for my tickets for Chicago...and we could print our tickets, not have them mailed. Makes no sense.

I posted this on another topic.  $106.40 just in fees for a 5 minute purchase of 4 tickets

4 GA tix - way too much in fees.

Sub-total -                     $280.00

Handling fee -                   $5.00

Convenience charge -   $87.40

Facility fee -                    $14.00 

Grand total  -               $386.40 

I've been to Ford Field for football games, the Rolling Stones ('05), and the NCAA hockey championship game a few years back.
I have NEVER had a good experience there. Staff is astoundingly rude, traffic and parking are nightmares, and prices are ridiculous.

U2 is probably the one event that could get me to go back.

I am glad that I saw them in Chicago. Only thing is, while the Lumineers where darlings, I much prefer Beck any day of the week as an opener. OMG!!!! That makes me think twice about trying again to get tickets.

On 7/7/2017 at 9:04 PM, tylerjagger said:

I've been to Ford Field for football games, the Rolling Stones ('05), and the NCAA hockey championship game a few years back.
I have NEVER had a good experience there. Staff is astoundingly rude, traffic and parking are nightmares, and prices are ridiculous.

U2 is probably the one event that could get me to go back.

Oh great, rude staff and hiked up prices to look forward to. :( Hoping for a pleasant experience.