Sign in to follow this  
sped

Weird email from Customer Service

Before I call Customer Service about this email, I'm wondering if anyone else got this odd, likely scam email from 'Customer Service at Ford Field'?

It purports to tell me that I purchased two tickets and they 'wonder' if I want them both.  Hmmm

The transaction has not posted to my account yet, but I only received one receipt for one ticket.

1) When I look at the printout provided by them in the email, it is the same order number for both tickets...first flag

2) Then there is this odd form to fill out -- it doesn't ask me for any personal info, but did laugh at these lines

I’m a BIG U2 fan and keeping all my order(s). *

Yes
No
I am still a BIG U2 fan, and would like to keep order(s): *
Please list the order number(s) that you would like to keep.
Your answer

WTH?

I will call and report back

Yes, please let us know what they say, and I would recommend to replying to the email, but as you said, calling.

2 hours ago, sped said:

Before I call Customer Service about this email, I'm wondering if anyone else got this odd, likely scam email from 'Customer Service at Ford Field'?

It purports to tell me that I purchased two tickets and they 'wonder' if I want them both.  Hmmm

The transaction has not posted to my account yet, but I only received one receipt for one ticket.

1) When I look at the printout provided by them in the email, it is the same order number for both tickets...first flag

2) Then there is this odd form to fill out -- it doesn't ask me for any personal info, but did laugh at these lines

I’m a BIG U2 fan and keeping all my order(s). *

Yes
No
I am still a BIG U2 fan, and would like to keep order(s): *
Please list the order number(s) that you would like to keep.
Your answer

WTH?

I will call and report back

If you PM me and copy paste the full email with headers, we can get it checked out

Thanks mich40 and bigwave.  

*Reporting back*

After speaking with 2 customer service agents, I think the errors have been figured out and they said it happened to a lot of people.

As background -- if you were like me and tried to purchase a ticket and had the Session Timeout appear AFTER you hit Submit payment, it 'may' have actually processed a ticket for you, charged you, and issued a confirmation number internally but never sent you a receipt. So I only got a receipt for the transaction that went thru start to finish and came up with a screen that said 'You Have a ticket'! In fact, Ford Field thinks I purchased multiple tickets.

Adding further problems, when Ford Field Customer Service sent out the first email overnight, they may not have included all the confirmation order numbers they had for you, so there was no way to properly cancel a duplicate order that existed.

The 2nd customer service agent gave me the other confirmation numbers associated with my credit card and sent me an email receipt, so now I can cancel duplicates via the form and get a refund.  You must use the form!

So to anyone that wasn't able to get tickets on Monday, start checking again, because tickets may appear if people start canceling the multiple orders they didn't know they had.  Lordy, I hope I have tickets:P

I got the same email and responded that I wanted only one set of tickets. Received two sets of tickets in the mail today, but I received only one confirmation number/email. Ford is making ticketmaster look good -- yikes!