Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

The Blackout

Any link for the EDGE interview and SOE details at 17:30 or 5:30 PM GMT tonight ????

1 minute ago, pain_18_ said:

Doesn't work.....I push the "Listen Live" button and all it returns is a blank page......

It might be region locked... the strange thing is that I'm able to listen to it...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

It might be region locked... the strange thing is that I'm able to listen to it...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair Point, good sir !

after listening to YTBTAM twice, The Blackout is sounding better by the minute. sorry to be a downer, I just expect U2 to hit it out of the park. 

that means U2 are the cricket bat and the song is the ball :Zoo_Baby:

3 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

after listening to YTBTAM twice, The Blackout is sounding better by the minute. sorry to be a downer, I just expect U2 to hit it out of the park. 

that means U2 are the cricket bat and the song is the ball :Zoo_Baby:

I'm in the complete opposite corner.........

However...I can't judge BlackOut correctly bc the crowd noise in the clip is too loud and I can't hear the song but from what I can hear it's way weaker than the New Single.....Just the rhythm section being great  doesn't cut it.........

5 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

I'm in the complete opposite corner.........

However...I can't judge BlackOut correctly bc the crowd noise in the clip is too loud and I can't hear the song but from what I can hear it's way weaker than the New Single.....Just the rhythm section being great  doesn't cut it.........

Hi pain_18, both songs don't impress my ears that much. YTBTAM reminds me of a song that could be on the dreaded airport album aka: ATYCLB.

which as you may know is my least favourite U2 album, after *POP* it was such a disappointment for me. 

I'm hoping U2 are going to prove me wrong and release a great album.

2 hours ago, BigBunny said:

Hi pain_18, both songs don't impress my ears that much. YTBTAM reminds me of a song that could be on the dreaded airport album aka: ATYCLB.

which as you may know is my least favourite U2 album, after *POP* it was such a disappointment for me. 

I'm hoping U2 are going to prove me wrong and release a great album.

HI Bunny !!!!

Uhm....Yeah....The two songs are not groundbreaking or experimental but I don't think they can be compared to what  happened on ATYCLB.....I think that's U2 at their worst.....Even SOI is better !!!!

To be honest I'm surprised at the lack of love for SOI. I think that it is the most solid and complete album that they have released for some time. I can listen to it all the way through without skipping tracks which is not true an any album since AB.

SOI is by far their best stuff since POP. No line was great but ...Magnificent shuld have been the lead single....I hope they're not making the same mistake ( Best things is catchy and ok for a pop song, but Blackout destoys it easily)

9 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

HI Bunny !!!!

Uhm....Yeah....The two songs are not groundbreaking or experimental but I don't think they can be compared to what  happened on ATYCLB.....I think that's U2 at their worst.....Even SOI is better !!!!

SOI is better than ATYCLB. In the same way that being kicked in the nuts is better than being stabbed in the face.

54 minutes ago, Grande 3:16 said:

SOI is better than ATYCLB. In the same way that being kicked in the nuts is better than being stabbed in the face.

Sadly, I agree to your point of view, good sir.........You gotta admit ATYCLB is a huge downer tho.........That being said....I hope BlackOut won't be on the album but more like a B-Side..... ....

I quite liked ATYCLB on it's release as it was U2 letting their hair down and going back to their earlier sound. Now it just feels dated. If it hadn't been so universally loved and had been pushed aside like Rattle and Hum then maybe I'd cut it some slack.

15 minutes ago, Grande 3:16 said:

I quite liked ATYCLB on it's release as it was U2 letting their hair down and going back to their earlier sound. Now it just feels dated. If it hadn't been so universally loved and had been pushed aside like Rattle and Hum then maybe I'd cut it some slack.

ATYCLB is politically correctness at its most annoying....Also, Really weak artistic performance on the album....Only track I really really love on it is the hidden bonus "The Ground BEneath her Feet" which is not even from the session for that album, ironically..........

Rattle and Hum, on the other hand......That's GREAT.......Just like *POP*......Great !!!!

A huge step down from the 90s.....It all went downhill from there.......

That's why I'm saying.....We gotta take what's coming for what it is.........

I think SOI has something to it......It makes me feel good.......That's enough for me.........And this new song too.....

6 hours ago, sazshackle said:

can we get blackout yet on Itunes, spotify etc......? or are there any plans to release it?

So far, no plans to release it as a single or to have it on any streaming platform...

You will need to wait until the album is released...

27 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

It is available to stream on THESE platforms.

I believe they were asking about The Blackout, not You're the Best Thing.

On 06/09/2017 at 0:58 PM, pain_18_ said:

LOVE IT !!!!! Way better than blackout !!!!!!!!

Me too!!! I haven't stopped playing it! I was interested to hear your opinion :)

11 minutes ago, Amraaa said:

Me too!!! I haven't stopped playing it! I was interested to hear your opinion :)

Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday....... It got me out of deep sadness and made me HAPPY !!!!!!

Thanks for valuing my opinion, that makes me happy too !!!

2 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday....... It got me out of deep sadness and made me HAPPY !!!!!!

Thanks for valuing my opinion, that makes me happy too !!!

Same here! It just makes me happy! I listened to that interview Bono had with Ruud and knowing the background of the story (he had a dream of losing Ali and basically realised nothing else matters) I love how he went all in with the lyrics, no holding back! I don't care that it's a love letter to his wife, so what!

Can't wait to hear it live and dance to it like there's no tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Amraaa said:

Same here! It just makes me happy! I listened to that interview Bono had with Ruud and knowing the background of the story (he had a dream of losing Ali and basically realised nothing else matters) I love how he went all in with the lyrics, no holding back! I don't care that it's a love letter to his wife, so what!

Can't wait to hear it live and dance to it like there's no tomorrow!

What you said^^^^^^^^^   The hardest thing to do is a simple thing...... Don't take the persons you love for granted...........That's what experience teaches you .... It's an ongoing process....... YES, HAPPY.....that's exactly what I need and it's great musically too !!!!!!

Excited for SOE !

Gonna listen to it now, LO L!!!!

We're talking about "You're the BEST thing about me" , people !

" The BEst things are easy to destroy"

---A girl's a best experience that ever happened a boy ----

" I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy "

Powerful lyrics.....

58 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I believe they were asking about The Blackout, not You're the Best Thing.

Quite right. My mistake. :huh: