mich40

You're The Best Thing About Me (New Single)

Love this song! I really like the Kygo remix too, hope they release it on iTunes as well at some point! I'll be in GA in Indianapolis this Sunday hope they play it....

• Like 1

Sounds great to me! The lyrics are great, Edge has a cool little riff going on, and I love Larry's drumming here. And is that Edge singing the last verse? 

Y'all are dong a great job of whipping us fans up into a frenzy with The Blackout and You're the Best Thing and anticipating Fallon tomorrow night. Too much fun in one week! Counting the minutes until MINNEAPOLIS! ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by travelergirl30

1 hour ago, kastee said:

Hmmm, seems a bit boring to me...

Personally, I love the fact they are promoting correct use of the apostrophe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love it! I think it's definitely a grower too.

Loving this quote from Bono in the New York Times interview...............'Using Joy as an act of defiance'

The world needs joy right now <3 

PS My Mum is called Joy too, so may be biased.

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I've been listening on Spotify and am really enjoying it! And it *does* sound like Edge on the last verse. 

The verse from about 3 minutes? Indeed, that might be The Edge and even the lyrics would make sense in that sense :)

Utter crap. Can't believe that U2 has turned into a band that could churn out this type of garbage. Very disappointed.  

Catchy but rather light weight effort from U2. Not really moving me in any way.

5 out of 10. Let's hope the album is better else I can't see them coming back from this. I remember comments to the effect that they want to release their best work.

This isn't it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Amrit said:

Catchy but rather light weight effort from U2. Not really moving me in any way.

5 out of 10. Let's hope the album is better else I can't see them coming back from this. I remember comments to the effect that they want to release their best work.

This isn't it.

Agree! Another attempt to appeal to the masses, IMO.
BUT... for the past 20 years or so, this is what they've done - they release the "hits" as singles and hide the good songs on the rest of the album.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kastee said:

Hmmm, seems a bit boring to me...

sadly I have to agree, I feel like I've heard it before. it's not a bad song but I expect great things from U2 and this song is not great.

The Blackout has more going for it imo. hoping the new album will prove me wrong and that U2 will challenge my ears with sounds & lyrics again.