Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

I just got this 

Thank you for your email! I looked into this for you and regretfully, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs which form the new limited edition collection The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch of the gift will begin again in early February. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. Don’t forget, qualifying Subscribers can download all 8 tracks today from the Account Info page. Hope this information puts you at ease. Enjoy your day!

"unexpected delays"....meaning they don't know how many people need them? I got that same excuse when the JT30 box set was delayed as well! :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, clapton is god said:

u2.com email told me in one  email,,,got confused  with  the  singles  gift,  they  are  so  incompetent.

I've always called Fanfire and they've been very helpful each and every time.  Is it that they are incompetent or overwhelmed by the presales?  LiveNation is not a lot of help. The U2 fan club phone people have always been kind and helpful for me.  Perhaps that has changed.

8 hours ago, monica martino said:

Got mine this afternoon in Roma (Italy) 

Stickers on the package shows Dec 7th as shipping date from the USA and a po box in Belgium to use if delivery fails! 

Can you look in your account to see when you redeemed yours? Trying to figure out  a rough a idea of a date of the first lot of redeemers will be.

It's not shown on my account but must have been early may 2017 because I perfectly remember I did it immediately or no more than one day after I saw we had to do it reading various fan sites after the announcement 

10 hours ago, ally33 said:

Can you look in your account to see when you redeemed yours? Trying to figure out  a rough a idea of a date of the first lot of redeemers will be.

To be more precuse may 2nd

Screenshot_2018-01-25-17-28-57.png

43 minutes ago, monica martino said:

To be more precuse may 2nd

Screenshot_2018-01-25-17-28-57.png

Thanks. I will be one of the ones getting mine after Feb then.

Ally33 it's a lottery I've a mate at work who joined here 3 years after me and who picked the 2017 gift over 6 months after me yet he got his over 2 weeks ago.

i ask why this could happen but no one seems able to answer this question,maybe there counting all the money from this new tour.

51 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

Ally33 it's a lottery I've a mate at work who joined here 3 years after me and who picked the 2017 gift over 6 months after me yet he got his over 2 weeks ago.

i ask why this could happen but no one seems able to answer this question,maybe there counting all the money from this new tour.

Christ! Need to have a sweepstake as to when i will get it then!

On 23/01/2018 at 9:59 PM, Manohlive said:

With all due respect to very helpful and patient mods....that is really funny, Cazza.  Thanks for the laugh.

You are v welcome..? The mods are fab and presale arrangements are not to do with them. But sometimes we all need a chortle!

On 24/01/2018 at 12:33 PM, clapton is god said:

after several uk> usa phone calls  and nearly 12  emails,i  was told to ask Merch  dept  for  a refund. now if prints are in stock, well i  would prefre  them over  a  refund.

I don’t want the 2016 prints - message me if you can’t get them and we can sort something out. I’m in uk 

Still no 2017 here as yet...

I actually got a reply from u2.com, and i will be getting mine after Feb.

15 hours ago, ally33 said:

I actually got a reply from u2.com, and i will be getting mine after Feb.

Thats completely unacceptable....I don't understand how they can justify these sort of actions

So...I was wondering if there was a problem with the quality of the pressings? I bought an *imported* 30 year remastered JT vinyl set here in Australia - $60 - and it had faults. WTSHNN skipped repeatedly and there appeared to be tiny spaces in the grooves. It was a poor quality pressing. I find it bizarre that in my youth I don't remember ever getting a single faulty LP like this so I wonder about the quality control on these new albums. If you bought one and you are keeping it nicely sealed in plastic, you may want to open it and check. I took mine back. $60 for a faulty LP when I own the original anyway...ahem (insert embarrassed cough)...no thanks...but I'm looking forward to these singles arriving in the future! I'd rather they were delayed and top quality...better than being sent out quickly with poor quality control.

Still no gift from 2017 will it ever arrive????????? I can download them !!!!! But that is not what was offered as a gift, when will this ever be sorted??? Total farce come on someone get it sorted??

4 hours ago, nessy_k said:

So...I was wondering if there was a problem with the quality of the pressings? I bought an *imported* 30 year remastered JT vinyl set here in Australia - $60 - and it had faults. WTSHNN skipped repeatedly and there appeared to be tiny spaces in the grooves. It was a poor quality pressing. I find it bizarre that in my youth I don't remember ever getting a single faulty LP like this so I wonder about the quality control on these new albums. If you bought one and you are keeping it nicely sealed in plastic, you may want to open it and check. I took mine back. $60 for a faulty LP when I own the original anyway...ahem (insert embarrassed cough)...no thanks...but I'm looking forward to these singles arriving in the future! I'd rather they were delayed and top quality...better than being sent out quickly with poor quality control.

I doubt it...I bought the deluxe JT30th set and I was on LiveNation like a leech trying to find out why I wasn't receiving my item's. I PREordered the option that was the box set + the record bag and it turns out they didn't order enough stock of either and that was the issue. I had the same issue everyone is having now where I continuously got different answers from everyone I spoke to until I finally got someone who said that a new batch was coming in and would send the items to me 2 day express free of charge. The only reason I am bothering to even say all of this is because I had this same exact experience with their "vinyl issues" and I don't want anyone else to have it...let alone to have it myself again. Every vinyl plant has defects that is just quality control I think you just had bad luck on that one. 

5 hours ago, nessy_k said:

If that is true, i would appreciate them just being honest and could understand why they would want the best quality sent out. Again, if they underestimated the amount that needed pressing, just be bloody honest. The end result will be the same so just be truthful as to why there is a problem.

On 26/01/2018 at 2:10 AM, kaber said:

I don’t want the 2016 prints - message me if you can’t get them and we can sort something out. I’m in uk 

Still no 2017 here as yet...

if  possible,  and  you do not  want  them,i would  like them please.

Hi guys, I signed up over a year ago and requested the Joshua Tree vinyl singles as part of the fan club membership, but have never received them.  Has everyone else?  Is this a known issue?  I've written about my order several times but have never gotten a response.  It's a real shame because I went ahead and let my fan club membership end earlier this month because they did not deliver on their promise the first time.  Why bother signing up again if they don't give you the gift nor reply back to you?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was really looking forward to that vinyl collection and it's a shame they couldn't even give me a response.

3 hours ago, NickMode said:

Hi guys, I signed up over a year ago and requested the Joshua Tree vinyl singles as part of the fan club membership, but have never received them.  Has everyone else?  Is this a known issue?  I've written about my order several times but have never gotten a response.  It's a real shame because I went ahead and let my fan club membership end earlier this month because they did not deliver on their promise the first time.  Why bother signing up again if they don't give you the gift nor reply back to you?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was really looking forward to that vinyl collection and it's a shame they couldn't even give me a response.

About the Joshua Tree vinyl singles, this is the most recent update:

UPDATE JANUARY 2018
Following dispatch of initial orders in December, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch will resume in early February. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. 

http://www.u2.com/news/title/dispatch-update-2017-subscriber-gift/news/

(scroll to the very bottom)

Please keep checking periodically your email (even the spam folder), the site and this Zootopia forum for any possible update about the gift...

also, please log off, delete cookies from your browser and log in again... you are currently appearing as a Free Zoo Member...

19 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

I would like my 2017 gift ...

Welcome to the club...we are printing shirts as we speak and they will be delivered before the 2017 gift :lol:

Max took you long enough to put any sort of answer up.

and do you think moving this topic will curb the anger that people are feeling for this shambles

they are quick enough to take the money but can't supply the item.

6 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

and do you think moving this topic will curb the anger that people are feeling for this shambles

you mean merge the topic (that was me - it helps keeping together same or similar questions) often that have been answered numerous times before  (and always original topic will show link to new merged topic)

We (mods) answer queries when we can, as best we can, we aren't in control of how / when / why sub gifts are posted out.

53 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

moving threads is an administrative task... we don't have much control on many things, like how or when the gifts are sent...

but if you feel I should be the guilty one... carry on...