Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

OMG you'll never guess what arrived today in my corner of North Yorkshire? Only my 2017 gift ??????? just a pity its taken so long and I've not renewed my subscription. Let's just hope for you remaining subscribers that 2018 gift is worth the wait, whatever it maybe?

Apparently my 2017 gift has been shipped on February 15. I hope it arrives soon and undamaged.

Now I for one never doubted the releases date of February ??well it came today and it was worth the wait.

lovely peice of vinyl that I hope everyone get soon.

now what about 2018 gift ???

Got home earlier to find a card from Royal Mail - ""We tried to deliver your parcel..."  Now have to wait until Saturday before I get it!

No response to my email (not surprised)...and still no shipping update. This is unjustifiable, no matter what sort of "unexpected issue" they want to blame this on there is no reason why they should be taking this long to fix this. Millions of bands/artists press vinyl every week for their fans who aren't anywhere near as large-scale as U2 and they pull it off without running into any issues like this. They are able to do what they need to get the product in the hands of the people who paid for it and not give them excuse after excuse. I paid money for something last year with nothing but a hollow promise of receiving it at this point. If they weren't able to press the correct amount of records they needed to they should've gone to another companies factory and had them pressed there instead of having us all waiting in the dark while other people received their items. This isn't the proper way to treat paying fans.  

It has become a sad state when U2 fans are being treated in the manner we have. Never thought I'd be saying this :(

I'm not even sure if I received the previous gift (unless it was Another Time, Another Place, which I *did* get!) I redeemed the singles package in October and on my account page there are no new updates. I received the same boilerplate email as everyone else in response, and previously I'd called in and talked to a live human being(!) and received a similar reply. I think the general industrywide backlog of vinyl has something to do with it, which makes me miss the good old days when they'd send a CD, and send it exactly on time. 

1 hour ago, banstyle74 said:

I'm not even sure if I received the previous gift (unless it was Another Time, Another Place, which I *did* get!) I redeemed the singles package in October and on my account page there are no new updates. I received the same boilerplate email as everyone else in response, and previously I'd called in and talked to a live human being(!) and received a similar reply. I think the general industrywide backlog of vinyl has something to do with it, which makes me miss the good old days when they'd send a CD, and send it exactly on time. 

Was Another Time Another Place not 2 years ago?  That was the one I got after I initially signed up (at the end of 2015) I got a set of art prints as the 2016 gift (think there was an alternative of a book perhaps).

1 hour ago, banstyle74 said:

Seconded... :)

1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

We have no mail today.    Can I blame the band?   j/k

Nah.  Blame the president. ?

5 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Nah.  Blame the president. ?

Hysterical.  That is very, very funny.     Perhaps they'll stop Twitter for him once a year just to remind us.

I subscribed jan 2017, is there any kind of priority on shipping i.e those getting notified receiving gift when did you renew. I would have thought there would be priority for those who subscribed first v those who subscribed say 10 months longer , 13 months and counting 

Just a heads up.My account said shipping date was 15th February,received them (10” singles) this morning (20/2) in North West UK.Plus I didn’t get an e-mail notifying me of them being shipped.A bit odd it took this long since the original announcement of what we were getting for the 2017 gift,but having read this thread it wasn’t the end of the world as to the reasons why.Hope everyone gets theirs sooner rather than later.

I think I;m leaning towards not renewing this time around. I've been a subscriber since the Propaganda days and from the beginning of u2.com, so there is a bit of an inner struggle to forego the renewal. Sub expires 02MAR and still no email update or any other communication. And I think that's the bigger issue here. The gift process (or should I say, lack thereof) is definitely flawed, but a bit more open communication would go a long way. 

My account still shows order status for the 2017 gift as Shipping info for this order is not available.

Still not received mine despite numerous emails and reassurances. this is the biggest fking joke ever.. extremely frustrating..

I have not renewed my subscription... they can fk off....sick of this shit..

Bit confused...I rejoined November 2017 have got the U2 Singles today - is that the 2018 gift?

the email is a bit confusing 2018 gift + The Joshua Tree Singles, should I have got something else, like a pair of Bono Sunglasses?

thanks

My messages to the shop help are still unanswered, and I am still without any update or my singles here in Maryland (which I know other people have said they received theirs here). This is beyond frustrations at this point.

Just received my Joshua Tree singles!!!

LOVE LOVE THEM!!

So worth the wait!? 

Love that fact they did both versions for Joshua Tree anniversary 

Thank you so much to the best band band EVER!  So good to their fans.

Cant wait to see them this summer!

When dud you redeem? I'm seeing people who subscribed November 2017 getting gifts ahead of those who subscribed in Jan, that's a joke! But nothing would surprise me, even another 4 month stock delay, I redeemed 5 th May and no shipping info on order 

I subscribed in December I redeemed my gift in May...and I have 3 unanswered messages to the U2 shop support about it. Absolute bullshit. Multiple people were told there was no "order" in which they would be sent out.