bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

12 minutes ago, kwaite said:

I believe verified subscriber (fan club) will get a code.  Does not guarantee that you will get a seat depending on what show/seat you want.  But will get a code and chance to try.    

Other paths you are guaranteed a code.  

At least that is how I am understanding it.  

Correct.  Verified Subscribers will get a code. And like all previous presales, a code does not guarantee a ticket.

46 minutes ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Bigwave, Max or Mich:

Do we have to select what show we are interested in attending? Either on ticketmaster or u2.com?

We have not been given any information indicating that for the presales you have to select a specific city like the general sale. Check back closer to the presale dates for updates that may occur. 

9 minutes ago, mich40 said:

We have not been given any information indicating that for the presales you have to select a specific city like the general sale. Check back closer to the presale dates for updates that may occur. 

Thank you. Had same question.

Edited by juliazocolo

11 minutes ago, mich40 said:

thanks Mich. This removes some uncertainty from rumors I had heard we had to pick a city.

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Correct.  Verified Subscribers will get a code. And like all previous presales, a code does not guarantee a ticket.

Cool - thanks!  Just concerned since I just read the Billboard article (posted by U2 on Facebook) stating that the fan club presale would be utilizing TM's verified fan platform for all ticket sales, including the fan club presale.  Given that many of us have had less than satisfactory experiences with this platform for other artists, I am happy to hear that codes are guaranteed for this presale (fully understanding that tickets are not guaranteed).

2 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

thanks Mich. This removes some uncertainty from rumors I had heard we had to pick a city.

Selecting a city was required for the Citi presale for the 16th.  I could only select one city, LA, so if I want a chance for Vegas, I think I need to basically re-register through Citi's process. 

5 minutes ago, Jason D Newport Bch, CA said:

Selecting a city was required for the Citi presale for the 16th.  I could only select one city, LA, so if I want a chance for Vegas, I think I need to basically re-register through Citi's process. 

the CITI presale is bound by their own rules and outside U2.com, I'm afraid...

Since the more I read the less I know... :P

Still didn't understand if 

-not being interested in usa presale I MUST complete the process for being verified subscribers and verified fan by Nov 12th

-either or not I must but  do it and hence receive the code for Usa/Canada presale , will I still be eligible for european/rest of the world presale ? with the same code or will we receive a new one ? 

Thanks 

• Like 1

So from what I can see as I’m in Europe and I’ll be buying tickets for Europe I don’t need to do anything .

but what I want to know is , my current subscription does is good until Jan 2018 - do I need to renew now and pay again now to get the presale Europe tickets ? 

Edited by bobmcd
  • Like 1

As above, Can we European s (And rest of world)  please have clarification as soon as you know. Thankyou 

16 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Seeking clarification about what advantage (if any, if you already have a paid subscription)  from preordering the album.

But assume that the priority is to have a paid, verified subscription...

great thanks max. will i get a pm or will it be pinned somewhere. lots of pages to go through here!

19 hours ago, kipk999 said:

Just to reply, I upped in Sept and had to do it again yesterday to get "verified"

I have seen where the mods (who do a fantastic job) tell us to contact customer service...

I did send an email to customer service (never answered and same as previous times in the past where have sent emails To them  that were never answered)  and made two calls where I literally wanted to throw my phone against the wall. I was told by TWO  different customer support reps that " no renewal, no presale code"  there was absolutely nothing I could say to get past this roadblock. 

I "re-upped" the 40$ does piss me off?  YES ! but not as much as the stress of fighting and not being able to get tickets. 

Is it wrong to do this to fans? Absolutely. 

I have a feeling this presale will surpass the queuing debates by a long shot. ☹️

We'll see how you feel when you still have to fight to get tickets.   I'm all set, with setup complete and ready to go, but the dates and cities don't work for me.   They will be adding more dates and cities, so I'm not panicking.    Also, I think days are gone where you can't score tickets to a u2 show.

Vegas, Nashville, or Montreal would have been my destinations but not meant to be this time.   If Montreal was on a weekend.... 

2 hours ago, julieh said:

As above, Can we European s (And rest of world)  please have clarification as soon as you know. Thankyou 

Yes. As soon as we have clarification, we will post it. 

If this can be help to somebody/anybody:

Today I succeed to complete setup as a Verified subscriber on "Account info" page (U2.com) WITHOUT renewing my subscription. Probably this is possible because I have active subscription valid till 16 February 2018 and I DIDN'T use my 2017 presale code for any show from "The Joushua Tree" tour (I buy tickets for this tour on 11 January 2017 with presale code from my 2016 subscribtion - if you remember, U2.com extended 2016 subscription till February 2017).

My English is not perfect, but I hope that what I am saying is clear enough.

Edited by perymason
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

We need to be careful about our understanding of buying tickets for this tour (I'm going to leave out Citi because it's not one I can access.)

1) U2.com - we Verify our account through our U2.com profile page in order to be verified for U2.com presales. So far, I haven't seen anything about narrowing down a city choice.

2) General onsale - we have to Verify our TM account for this as well. AND, we do have to select the specific show. If you are hoping to buy tickets for more than one show then you need to verify your account for EACH SHOW.

1 hour ago, perymason said:

If this can be help to somebody/anybody:

Today I succeed to complete setup as a Verified subscriber on "Account info" page (U2.com) WITHOUT renewing my subscription. Probably this is possible because I have active subscription valid till 16 February 2018 and I DIDN'T use my 2017 presale code for any show from "The Joushua Tree" tour (I buy tickets for this tour on 11 January 2017 with presale code from my 2016 subscribtion - if you remember, U2.com extended 2016 subscription till February 2017).

My English is not perfect, but I hope that what I am saying is clear enough.

Ok You could complete set up cause you've got a North America TicketMaster account

I've got a French TicketMaster account ...

my subscription is active til 31 january 2018 (like many of the Old Zootopians here .... )

and I didnt use any of my 2017 presale code (there are No Presale code anymore in my account ... like You !!! ... so we can"t use them !!)

So Now I'm just waiting ... til 2018 maybe for Europe

6 hours ago, monica martino said:

Since the more I read the less I know... :P

Still didn't understand if 

-not being interested in usa presale I MUST complete the process for being verified subscribers and verified fan by Nov 12th

-either or not I must but  do it and hence receive the code for Usa/Canada presale , will I still be eligible for european/rest of the world presale ? with the same code or will we receive a new one ? 

Thanks 

Same question! 

And same problem, the more I read, the more I get confused. 

As European fans, do we have to do any things now? Renew or not? Etc.

I believe they have me sorted (I hope).

I had done everything needed (including tying to facebook) with the exception of re-upping for 2018 since I still had a valid subscription from 2017 that I had received nothing from.

When I log in to my account now, this is what I see:

Complete.JPG.aaef0d1708ca166d89409de5f0f3082b.JPG

Now if they can just figure out a better way to make sure fans who are not able to make an event 8 months in the future like they planned, that they are not going to be forced to eat tickets.  If they want to buy them back or allow a resell through ticketmaster if needed, that's completely fine but don't try and grab more money when people are already paying fees that are much higher than they really should be and additional money to be in the fan club.... most artists don't charge to be in the fan club and the ones who do, don't tie your hands and charge additional insurance.  Even only allow 1 or 2 mishaps every few years and charge insurance after that I'm good with but when you are trying to plan 8 months out, sometimes even then your work won't allow you to go.

Edited by Jorstin

19 minutes ago, electricco said:

Ok You could complete set up cause you've got a North America TicketMaster account

That's right. But I did my North America TicketMaster acoount today. Just to see how this procedure goes and if I will be able to complete the process. I succeed.

I am also from Europe and I will not be part of any presale regarding North America. I, also like you, will wait for European leg of this tour.

Interesting is that yesterday U2.com wanted from me 3 things to complete the proces:

1. To agree receiving SMS on my phone

2. To renew my U2 subscription

3. To sign in my  North America TicketMaster acoount

Today "2. To renew my U2 subscription" was not there. Just 1. and 3. Why? Probably because I didn't use my 2017 presale code and there is no need for me to renew my account. They simply will send me new code via SMS on the day when new presale start. So, why "2. To renew my U2 subscription" was there for me yesterday? I don't know. Maybe it was mistake.

One more thing. I think, that for European leg things will be different from North America, because a lot of European countries don't have Ticketmaster. They have Eventim, Ticketpro, Ticketportal, etc.

Edited by perymason

Should we have presales codes in our account now though????

2 minutes ago, Jorstin said:

Should we have presales codes in our account now though????

No- they will be sent you via SMS which is why you have to give your mobile number.   (my understanding)