bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Because there was some discussion earlier in this thread about registering both .ca and .com accounts, I think this might be of interest to many here so I am pasting a response from U2.com support (along with the question I sent them). I've made a couple of formatting changes to the messages simply for emphasis:

Hello Fan,

Thank you for contacting U2 Fan Club Support.

We want to apologize for the delay in a response, we received above average volume of emails. Rest assured, we are working through all requests in the order they were received.

I am so sorry for the confusion of the registration process, and I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Yes you will have access to all of the North American shows regardless if they are in the USA or Canada.

If you need anything else, just reply to this email. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Roberto

U2.com Team

On 11/1/2017 11:28 PM, PETERDIAZ wrote:

Help Topic: Subscriber Issues

Comment:
Hello. Just to be clear, "Connect your (U.S. + Canada) Ticketmaster account" means that if I connect my .ca TM account I am fine for this Verified Account status for any North American show for which I choose to use my presale code, not just the Canadian show. Right? Thanks. Peter

10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

the CITI presale is bound by their own rules and outside U2.com, I'm afraid...

Here's an important thing to keep in mind with the CITI presale.  My plan is to go for 2 tickets to the Atlanta show through my U2.com account.  If a 2nd show is added (likely) I'll likely take a stab at that through the CITI presale...BUT...those codes aren't just city specific...but rather CONCERT specific...so the 2nd part of my plan will only work should additional dates be announced prior to the 16th.  Otherwise...we'll have to see what (if anything) CITI does for presales for dates added later.

(I presume people are looking at the same thing as me for other cities as well)

This is another interesting change from 2015 where multiple dates were announced for all venues at the same time...

My account has gone back and forth between telling me I'm verified and that my set up isn't complete.  Currently it says it's complete, but yesterday it said it wasn't and that I needed to renew.  I renewed my subscription AFTER the JT presale (like a week after, but still) so based on what I've been seeing I should be good, right?

27 minutes ago, BassKid12 said:

My account has gone back and forth between telling me I'm verified and that my set up isn't complete.  Currently it says it's complete, but yesterday it said it wasn't and that I needed to renew.  I renewed my subscription AFTER the JT presale (like a week after, but still) so based on what I've been seeing I should be good, right?

That's something that is being ironed out - it's our understanding that this should be corrected by the weekend. Please keep checking the board and your account in the upcoming days...

Two questions -- sorry if they have been asked/asnwered already, it's a long thread!

I just connected my Tickemaster account and got the green SETUP COMPLETE message on my profile page. Now, I DID buy tickets to the JT tour, but that was in January 2017, and I THINK it was with my 2016 code (I'd resubscribed on July 2016). I then RENEWED my subscription in June of this year (2017) and my account page says my subscription is good through July 2018. Does this mean I'm OK to get codes for EI tour, or do I have to re-renew (even though I did it 4 months ago)?

Also, if we're getting a copy of the album with every purchased ticket, is there a point to pre-ordering it? Do we know if that copy will be a physical CD? And will it be the regualr or Deluxe edition? 

Thanks!!

8 minutes ago, mofomario said:

Two questions -- sorry if they have been asked/asnwered already, it's a long thread!

I just connected my Tickemaster account and got the green SETUP COMPLETE message on my profile page. Now, I DID buy tickets to the JT tour, but that was in January 2017, and I THINK it was with my 2016 code (I'd resubscribed on July 2016). I then RENEWED my subscription in June of this year (2017) and my account page says my subscription is good through July 2018. Does this mean I'm OK to get codes for EI tour, or do I have to re-renew (even though I did it 4 months ago)?

Also, if we're getting a copy of the album with every purchased ticket, is there a point to pre-ordering it? Do we know if that copy will be a physical CD? And will it be the regualr or Deluxe edition? 

Thanks!!

account: Being checked as we speak. please wait until everything is ironed out, dates are set - it should be clear by monday, and you will have time to act accordingly...

album:

Please Note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience”, to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption.

Hello! 

About the Presale: My setup is complete (u2.com + TM) BUT I didn't choose a certain show. Is that correct? Does the code work for any one show?

(because for the general sale you need to register for certain shows)

Thanks for answering!

On 11/1/2017 at 8:06 PM, dmway said:

Yes - I'm assuming that will be the standard CD and I want the deluxe one.

Moderators, if I/we can buy ANY version of SoE when tickets are bought in the pre-sale, please let me/us know. Thanks!

dmway, did this get answered yet?

There is no way to get the album with our tickets (but buy it now to get the 3 songs today), right?

(ie pre-sale the album today but get refunded when we buy tickets or have a credit applied to the tickets or something)

Thanks!

On 11/2/2017 at 4:31 PM, dmway said:

OK - bigwave, now you have accidentally (and (I hope) temporarily) confused me. :)

I understand Mich's response to my original query; however, your simple "yes" is ambiguous...

The post of mine that you responded to was, "So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?"

Your answering "yes" could mean:

1) 'Yes, your statement is correct - you can't get a single ticket for two different shows.'

OR

2) 'Yes, you can get a single ticket for two different shows (and I'm confirming Mich's reply to you).'

I sincerely hope your intended meaning is response #2 - so, is it? :)

yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, U2 Rules said:

dmway, did this get answered yet?

There is no way to get the album with our tickets (but buy it now to get the 3 songs today), right?

(ie pre-sale the album today but get refunded when we buy tickets or have a credit applied to the tickets or something)

Thanks!

I still haven't gotten an answer, but from what I read the offer of the standard CD or digital download comes with every ticket purchased.

Someone else would have to respond to your other query.

Just now, bigwave said:

yes

:D

Perfectly stated - thank you!

On 11/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, Vienis said:

Thanks so much for teaching us with limited abilities wonderful english sayings.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/belt-and-braces

However, you seem to offer this solution to people not planning to buy US tickets. To me that just seems totally wrong?

"the use of two or more actions in order to be extra careful about something, although only one is really necessary:"

As far as I can see it can;t hurt. And stops your pants falling down

• Sad 1

On 11/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, Sue1 said:

So being subscribed to u2.con for years means absolutely nothing anymore..... you’re not considered a verified fan unless you pay for subscription twice!!!  Absolutely disgusting ?. Current subscribers should be able to link to their TM account and be verified, because you have proven loyalty by already being a subscriber!   But instead..... you invite scalpers to get a brand new sub and get verified?!  I really hoped this band would respect their fans and appreciate longevity.... but it seems not.  It’s all about putting fans in a position where they have to fork out On another subscription to get pre-sales.  Shame on you U2 

thats not how it works, no need to resub to get verified - i just did it myself without resubbing

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

yes

Thanks for the quick reply, bigwave!

Is that a yes to this question as well:

It's either pre-sale album now, or wait until we buy a ticket and get the advanced songs then?

On 11/2/2017 at 10:28 AM, paulmaidment said:

Hi there. Could someone please clarify something for me. I'm a long term subscriber and will renew my current membership which expires in February. I'm also going to order the Deluxe version of SOE through U2.com. I want access to the European shows pre-sale. Do I understand right that I will receive pre-sale access by being a U2.com subscriber & I will also get access to the next their down pre-sale by buying the album? Thus I can buy 4 tickets? Thank you. Paul

possibly.. though thats not quite clear yet..

On 11/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, despres said:

If I have a green "Setup Complete" and haven't renewed, do I still have to renew ?

only if you want to be eligible for a presale code, should your current subscription not be already eligible (see Help page for FAQ's / eligibility criteria)

On 11/2/2017 at 6:50 AM, danjo said:

Just checking back on the subscription part of this - I understand the other bits and have them done but my subscription has an expiry of September 10 2018 - I haven't had or used a presale code from that sub (it's only 7 weeks old) do I absolutely need to get a new sub for presale access? 

(Only intend using it for European leg)  

Side note, fair play to the mods for the trojan work on answering everything in this thread. 

yes you should be eligible

On 11/2/2017 at 9:50 AM, czhr10 said:

Dropping the leading Zero does not work, the webform ADD's the leaing zero back by itself , trie to update multiple times, reentered the phone number, the webform still add's the zero automattically..

No need to worry at this stage.. once you have input, and picked your country code flag it seems to show your actual number as if it were being dialled / texted from inside that country, so as long as what you see is your actual number, then I would leave it like that for now

• Like 1

Renew my membership that expire in january to get my tickets...I ALREADY GOT IT...this is a shame for u2 paid subscribers!

Screenshot_20171103-112016.jpg

I'm confused by all the new information and the new system. Can you help me? I live in Germany and like to attend some shows (to be announced) in Europe, but not going to travel to USA nor Canada.

I resubscribed and connected to Ticketmaster.com and agreed to sms/text-messages to complete my setup for varified U2.com subscriber. As the text at Terms /Help reads that if they cannot reach me the code will be forfeit I don't want to cut the Ticketmaster.com connection nor do I want to disagree to the sms-messaging. I guess I will receive sms for the upcoming presale, can I then keep it unused at my phone until the European shows' presale start?? Can anyone help me or do I need to ask the u2.com support in this case?

For the sms thing: do I need to switch on data-roaming?

I'm a verified u2.com subscriber, so I will get a presale-code. Am I allowed to pre-order the Album and get a 2nd code? And am I allowed to variefy as a fan for the general ticket sale (-where/how do I do this and when for Europe)?

Would be great if anyone can help. Or should I rather contact u2.com support on all this?

On 11/2/2017 at 1:21 PM, kipk999 said:

Can't say this is not an incredibly frustrating experience  all around. Been a looooong time member and just renewed my subscription late September.  I went onto the page and states I am not verified ? I never used the codes associated with the new subscription...

Just sent another 40$ after getting absolutely no where with phone calls to customer service. I was told no renewal, no codes!  I still have not received any gift from the last renewal.?  Seems like Ticketmaster / Live Nation are fleecing the fans again. I really want to believe the band has no idea this is going on but...

can you PM me with more details, this is not correct

On 11/2/2017 at 1:11 PM, oscarsear said:

Getting same screen when trying to order album. Although it does say that purchase isn’t required for signing up to presale

should be working now

On 11/2/2017 at 1:26 PM, Shaun said:

I haven't seen this answered yet - but there used to be 2 fan groups (i forget the names - one gets presale day 1 and the other day 2).  I renewed, linked everything up with TM, but I can't for the life of me find out which group i'm in - it's nowhere to be found on the profile page.  What's up?

being worked on / updated, should reappear soon

21 minutes ago, soey said:

I'm confused by all the new information and the new system. Can you help me? I live in Germany and like to attend some shows (to be announced) in Europe, but not going to travel to USA nor Canada.

I resubscribed and connected to Ticketmaster.com and agreed to sms/text-messages to complete my setup for varified U2.com subscriber. As the text at Terms /Help reads that if they cannot reach me the code will be forfeit I don't want to cut the Ticketmaster.com connection nor do I want to disagree to the sms-messaging. I guess I will receive sms for the upcoming presale, can I then keep it unused at my phone until the European shows' presale start?? Can anyone help me or do I need to ask the u2.com support in this case?

For the sms thing: do I need to switch on data-roaming?

I'm a verified u2.com subscriber, so I will get a presale-code. Am I allowed to pre-order the Album and get a 2nd code? And am I allowed to variefy as a fan for the general ticket sale (-where/how do I do this and when for Europe)?

Would be great if anyone can help. Or should I rather contact u2.com support on all this?

wait until the US/CAN presale ends and the EU presale starts...