bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

27 minutes ago, Fanzo said:

Same here! We'd better be OK for the European tour after re-subscribing!

And here! The advice is conflicting do we that are in the UK set up a U.S ticketmaster account now or not? We only have until Sunday what happens after that if we don't set one up?? 

On 11/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, bigwave said:

Always been 2 tix per subs for stadium tours.

At the risk of being "that guy", this is not accurate.  For the first leg of the Elevation 2001 tour, fan club members were allowed to purchase up to four tickets - I got two for one of the Madison Square Garden shows and two for one of the Continental Airlines Arena shows.  When the band returned to the U.S. in the fall that year, fan club members were given the opportunity to purchase an additional two tickets.  So, I was able to to buy six arena tickets in a single calendar year for that tour.

During the 2005 Vertigo tour, I received a code before the first U.S. leg for two tickets.  When the third leg was announced, I received an additional code good for two more tickets for the next U.S. leg of the tour in the fall.

The two ticket per indoor shows tour limit was new for the 2015 I&E tour.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:55 PM, Anjana said:

Swear I had two for 360 tour

You did.  U.S. subscribers were sent a code for the 2009 North American leg of the tour, and additional codes for the 2010 dates (which were announced in 2009 but postponed to 2011). 

10 minutes ago, Wendy66 said:

And here! The advice is conflicting do we that are in the UK set up a U.S ticketmaster account now or not? We only have until Sunday what happens after that if we don't set one up?? 

Same here, not clear on  whether to connect to us ticketmaster or wait for details on european tour dates, hopefully details made a bit clearer before sunday, would hate to miss out!

I hate to ask what I am sure is a silly question, but, just for my own peace of mind ...

I am shown as ‘setup complete’ and that I am in the experience group on my account page.

However, when I click ‘submit’ to agree to the terms on the phone thing, nothing seems to happen. I have selected the U.S. flag, but the ‘submit’ box remains.

Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Help ! I try to valid my verified subscriber but it doesn't work :(

My setup is still red and incomplete...

I live in France

I have a Ticketmaster US account 

I connect my Ticketmaster account from my account's U2.com

I click on Submit with my phone number

Still doesn't work... Any suggestion for me please?

15 minutes ago, JJNantes said:

Help ! I try to valid my verified subscriber but it doesn't work :(

My setup is still red and incomplete...

I live in France

I have a Ticketmaster US account 

I connect my Ticketmaster account from my account's U2.com

I click on Submit with my phone number

Still doesn't work... Any suggestion for me please?

log off u2.com, delete cookies and cache, log in again and check your account...

if after doing it it still appears in red, please contact customer service support

On 1 November 2017 at 6:07 PM, Jo Van de Vreken said:

Same here, I'm not planning to buy US-tickets.  Do I need to registrate now?

13 hours ago, elevation1975 said:

U2.COM PUT ME IN THE WRONG PRIORITY GROUP!

In March of this year, I renewed my U2.com subscription, as I always do, without letting it lapse. In fact, I've been a paying fan club member since the Propaganda days in 1994.

For whatever reason, this time I payed the normal $40 renewal fee on the same day U2.com told me to renew. It could have been the next day in a European time zone... this I do not remember. Still, it recognized that I would be paying the renewal price, not the full price.

Then, when ticket presale codes for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 started to roll out, I was put in the secondary presale group, rather than then primary (I think it was Wires over Red Hill, if I remember correctly). Obviously, this was very annoying, since I should have been put in the first group.

Alas, the e+i Tour is upon us, I renewed at the renewal price, and I am still in the secondary presale group: iNNOCENCE. Not good!

I called a customer service agent, they told me they would submit a support ticket, and to wait to be contacted. He did recognize that I paid the renewal price in March.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? I will be very surprised if customer service contacts me or even resolves this problem. So far, there has been zero movement on their end.

I feel your pain and am a long term subscriber since Propaganda days too. Same thing has happened to me. I reported this in the summer to a deafening response. 

This is now the second person from the u2.com team (Candance) that I've contacted who told me that we are not guaranteed a code as fan club members.  Here is the pasted email reply I got - the capitalization is from the u2.com team employee:

"Presale codes are sent by text message approx. 2-4 hours before the presale begins. (INTL fans may get codes sent by email)

Registration DOES NOT GUARANTEE a presale code.

Receipt of a presale code DOES NOT GUARANTEE tickets.

Fans that do not receive a #VerifiedFan code can take part in a general onsale IF there is one."

5 hours ago, Lan said:

This is now the second person from the u2.com team (Candance) that I've contacted who told me that we are not guaranteed a code as fan club members.  Here is the pasted email reply I got - the capitalization is from the u2.com team employee:

"Presale codes are sent by text message approx. 2-4 hours before the presale begins. (INTL fans may get codes sent by email)

Registration DOES NOT GUARANTEE a presale code.

Receipt of a presale code DOES NOT GUARANTEE tickets.

Fans that do not receive a #VerifiedFan code can take part in a general onsale IF there is one."

So why are we not guaranteed a ticket what is all this fan verification bollocks then.I've been a fan club member for 30+ years and the way we have been able to get tickets was great.So I'm in the first presale and am only aloud two tickets so only one show for me and I'm not even guaranteed them tickets what did I pay my $40 for.U2 are either getting very greedy or have lost the plot concerning looking after fans.

• Like 1

Did you get this email? It's all very confusing 😳

Your  U2.com Subscription is currently not eligible for presale access because you have used your presale access code to purchase tickets on the recent Joshua Tree Tour.

In order to participate in the upcoming U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale, you must renew your membership AND complete the Setup now.  

42 minutes ago, Wendy66 said:

Your  U2.com Subscription is currently not eligible for presale access because you have used your presale access code to purchase tickets on the recent Joshua Tree Tour.

In order to participate in the upcoming U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale, you must renew your membership AND complete the Setup now.  

Not received this did use mine for JT tour I have resubscribed so hoping for tickets this year.

2 hours ago, Wendy66 said:

Not sure why you find it confusing; it's quite simple - if you used presale access to get JT tickets, you need to re-subscribe before Nov. 12 to get a presale code. So resub and do the set up.

3 hours ago, colincooper said:

So why are we not guaranteed a ticket what is all this fan verification bollocks then.I've been a fan club member for 30+ years and the way we have been able to get tickets was great.So I'm in the first presale and am only aloud two tickets so only one show for me and I'm not even guaranteed them tickets what did I pay my $40 for.U2 are either getting very greedy or have lost the plot concerning looking after fans.

The reason they are saying registration with U2.com doesn't guarantee a presale code is because you need to ALSO register for the SMS part. As far as a presale code not guaranteeing tickets, that has been the case FOREVER and if you have been a U2.com member for years, you would know that. At no time EVER, has U2.com or the band suggested otherwise. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, do you use the membership during all those months when the band is NOT on tour? And that would be why you paid your $40. 

1 hour ago, Tracy M said:

The reason they are saying registration with U2.com doesn't guarantee a presale code is because you need to ALSO register for the SMS part. As far as a presale code not guaranteeing tickets, that has been the case FOREVER and if you have been a U2.com member for years, you would know that. At no time EVER, has U2.com or the band suggested otherwise. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, do you use the membership during all those months when the band is NOT on tour? And that would be why you paid your $40. 

I have always got tickets through the presale never had any problems.Never have I heard that you may not get tickets.

3 hours ago, Tracy M said:

This.   And they are also verifying accounts behind the scenes- to look at suspicious accounts.   Presale has never guaranteed that you will get tickets depending on when you get in, how popular a particular venue is and what tickets you are set to get. 

19 hours ago, vertigojds said:

At the risk of being "that guy", this is not accurate.  For the first leg of the Elevation 2001 tour, fan club members were allowed to purchase up to four tickets - I got two for one of the Madison Square Garden shows and two for one of the Continental Airlines Arena shows.  When the band returned to the U.S. in the fall that year, fan club members were given the opportunity to purchase an additional two tickets.  So, I was able to to buy six arena tickets in a single calendar year for that tour.

During the 2005 Vertigo tour, I received a code before the first U.S. leg for two tickets.  When the third leg was announced, I received an additional code good for two more tickets for the next U.S. leg of the tour in the fall.

The two ticket per indoor shows tour limit was new for the 2015 I&E tour.

I stand corrected.. should have said 'since I been here (2008)" - happy to nod to this correction, thx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colincooper said:

I have always got tickets through the presale never had any problems.Never have I heard that you may not get tickets.

You are lucky! I had one tour (can't even remember which one) where I was unsuccessful with my presale code for the first leg and ended up getting my tickets in the general sale. It is what it is.

• Brilliant 1

The two ticket maximum is not a reasonable number for Experience members. The minimum should be four and the opportunity to use codes for multiple legs. Especially now that the band, live nation and tickemaster are doing their best to eliminate the bots and scalpers. 

• Brilliant 1

19 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

log off u2.com, delete cookies and cache, log in again and check your account...

if after doing it it still appears in red, please contact customer service support

Still doesn't work :(

Does anyone know for sure if they are doing the paperless ticketing again?  I need to know whether I need to link either my father or mother's ticketmaster account to my U2 profile, as one of them will be taking me.  thanks.