bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

53 minutes ago, jonno77 said:

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

sounds complicated.. and discount codes can;t be used against music purchases in u2 shop

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

use the Help page form to ask CS if they can adjust for you (they might as you just resubbed)

In the same situation. Renewed on Saturday and can't complete the verified fan subscriber list, without having pay for the new 2018 subscription package. 

Will I be expected to pay again for essentially the same period?

Just now, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

In the same situation. Renewed on Saturday and can't complete the verified fan subscriber list, without having pay for the new 2018 subscription package. 

Will I be expected to pay again for essentially the same period?

If you have to pay again for a 2018 package to verify,it adds 12 months to your existing subscription.So you'd be active until,I presume,29th Oct 2019,if you renewed last Saturday.

5 minutes ago, gmc said:

If you have to pay again for a 2018 package to verify,it adds 12 months to your existing subscription.So you'd be active until,I presume,29th Oct 2019,if you renewed last Saturday.

You would hope so. But don't fancy spending another $40 on something I just resubscribed to.

Tickets are not even on sale on the stress :(

daft question coming up. i am subscribed(have been for many years) till jan 2018, i take it i need to subscribe again before that to have access to a presale code.....if i subscribe just now as i was/am about to will this give me access to uk tour dates (i live in glasgow) or do i need to wait to subscribe when uk tour dates are announced which then can be linked to ticketmaster uk account as opposed to what is on profile page just now which is north american ticketmaster and dates.....sorry if how i have worded this is confusing but that is because i am confused...dont want to subscribe just now if it asks me to do so again once uk dates announced

Man.... I'm so confused right now.

Is someone getting a bonus for making this whole process as difficult  (and pricy) as possible? 
Why can't I see on my profile page the date my current subscription ends?
Why should I connect a US TM account even if I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?
If this information is only relevant for people buying tickets for the US leg then please....make this clear on the profile page

Should we Europeans await special instructions when the European tourdates are announced? (like connecting an European TM account?)
If anyone could answer my questions with a 100% certainty I will at least have a good night sleep :)

Thank you.

Edited by Wiesje
typo
  • Brilliant 2

so if we resubscribed and set up our verified fan thing are we guaranteed a code for the presale or is it like regular Ticketmaster verified fan and we just cross our fingers and pray to god?

Edited by Damoratis

3 minutes ago, Wiesje said:

Is someone getting a bonus for making this whole process as difficult  (and pricy) as possible? 
Why should I connect a US TM account when I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?
If this information is only relevant for people buying tickets for the US leg then please....make this clear on the profile page

Should we Europeans await special instructions when the European tourdates are announced? (like connecting an European TM account?)
If anyone could answer my questions with a 100% certainty I will at least have a good night sleep :)

Thank you.

As usual the whole process seems to have been handled awfully so far.

This coupled with the fact you are only allowed two tickets is going to create a situation of lot of unhappy people. 

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2

17 minutes ago, bigwave said:

use the Help page form to ask CS if they can adjust for you (they might as you just resubbed)

Thank you for replying, I thought of contacting them but didn't wanna deal with the hassle, and like I said I'd be paying for it in the future anyway. My dumb luck in timing I guess but I knew a tour was coming soon and didn't wanna forget to resubscribe. Paid up til 12/19 now :)

4 minutes ago, Wiesje said:

Why should I connect a US TM account even if I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?

Thank you.

Per the FAQ's 

Why can’t I connect via my ticketmaster.co.uk account as I don't have a ticketmaster.com account? 
This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. If you wish to attend a show in U.S. + Canada, please enter your North American Ticketmaster account info or create one in advance.

Us Europeans will be in the same boat as our North American cousins in due course.

Go to U2 dot com,sign in,click on your username,go down to account info and your subscription active date until is there.Mine is.

I renewed my Subscription in 6/2017 but when I bought JT2017 Tour tickets my code didn't work. So I bought a (unknown to me until searching for tickets) ticket Bundle on TM (day 2 of pre-sale) that included GA tickets + U2.com Subscription. It was another $50 on top of the renewal I had paid for a few days before.

1) Can I redeem that TM U2.com Membership redemption code to extend my subscription in order to receive IETour codes?

2) As others have asked, where is our membership expiration listed? I don't see it anywhere in my profile.

3) What's the point of purchasing/renewing U2.com membership in advance if one can simply buy-in to the pre-sale through TM on the day of pre-sale?

Edited by INSIJS
typo

6 minutes ago, AndrachiU2 said:

Thank you for replying, I thought of contacting them but didn't wanna deal with the hassle, and like I said I'd be paying for it in the future anyway. My dumb luck in timing I guess but I knew a tour was coming soon and didn't wanna forget to resubscribe. Paid up til 12/19 now :)

Which proves what I've been saying all along that it adds 12 months to an existing subscription when you go to renew with a 2018 package??

59 minutes ago, LdeC said:

I looked at the Verified Fan details for "Springsteen on Broadway"

And that's what it means : it's basically a lottery , some will get a code , some won't   

Below is the info for the Verified Fan sale on 11/20.  Yes, it is a lottery.  The U2.com presale starts on 11/14.  I think we are guaranteed a code for the presale starting on 11/14.  That of course does not guarantee that you will get tickets, but guarantees participation in the presale.  I have never had a problem getting a ticket in the U2.com presale.

WHY HAS U2 PARTNERED with VERIFIED FAN®?

Tickets for the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE North American Tour 2018 go on sale Monday, November 20 @ 10:00 am exclusively through Ticketmaster Verified Fan®. In keeping with their commitment to ensure tickets get into the hands of fans, not scalpers or bots, U2 has partnered with Ticketmaster to use its Verified Fan platform.

Verified Fan will power all ticket sales, providing fans who truly want to attend the show with the best opportunity to get great tickets.

PLEASE NOTE:

Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

HOW DO ARTIST ONSALES POWERED BY VERIFIED FAN WORK?

1. Login with your Ticketmaster account. Don’t have one? Set that up here. Then return to this page, login to your newly created account and complete the registration form.
  2. Once your information has been submitted - you're good to go. You’ll receive an email to confirm you registered successfully. Registration closes on Saturday, November 18 at 10PM PT!
  3. If verified and selected to receive an access code, you'll receive a text on Monday, November 20 prior to the onsale, which begins at 10AM (venue local time). Your text will include your unique access code and link to purchase your tickets. Keep your phone handy - notifications may arrive 2-4 hours before the onsale.

Correct (by my reading).  Verified Fan  general public ticket sales (for the 20th of Nov) does not guarantee having code, It is not the same as verified subscriber presale  (or even Citi cardholder presale)- which you can get a code but are not guaranteed that you will get a ticket. 

9 minutes ago, gmc said:

Per the FAQ's 

Why can’t I connect via my ticketmaster.co.uk account as I don't have a ticketmaster.com account? 
This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. If you wish to attend a show in U.S. + Canada, please enter your North American Ticketmaster account info or create one in advance.

Us Europeans will be in the same boat as our North American cousins in due course.

Go to U2 dot com,sign in,click on your username,go down to account info and your subscription active date until is there.Mine is.

Well thank you for giving me the rest and peace I need :rolleyes:

I rechecked my account info and my subscription info miraculously reappeared.....wow.....

31 minutes ago, Damoratis said:

so if we resubscribed and set up our verified fan thing are we guaranteed a code for the presale or is it like regular Ticketmaster verified fan and we just cross our fingers and pray to god?

most likely, but as stated on FAQ page not guaranteed (first come fist served)

5 minutes ago, kwaite said:

Correct (by my reading).  Verified Fan  general public ticket sales (for the 20th of Nov) does not guarantee having code, It is not the same as verified subscriber presale  (or even Citi cardholder presale)- which you can get a code but are not guaranteed that you will get a ticket. 

That's how I read it too.It's a generalisation of verified fan sale on 20th Nov,no mention of U2 dot com active subscriber,verified fan pre sale on 14th Nov.Of which I think U2 members will get a code for a ticket guaranteed.If not,what is the point if a general fan gets a code for a ticket on the 20th but a verified U2 member doesn't ? So,a verified U2 member ends up having to go to a scalper to get a ticket,from a non U2 fan,and paying over the odds.Then the system falls flat on its arse !! 

12 minutes ago, kwaite said:

correct

28 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

This coupled with the fact you are only allowed two tickets is going to create a situation of lot of unhappy people. 

The 2 ticket limit is the least of my worries, getting tickets at all is a big one.....

The Innocence Tour had a 2 ticket limit also, so no surprises there....

3 hours ago, Vienis said:

Should I bother with the registration now in case I am from Europe and not planning to join this presale, but hopefully a presale for Europe later?

Same question here, I am living in the Netherlands, Europe, so i cannot register at a north american ticketmaster account, just at a Dutch one , so how will that work ?

21 minutes ago, INSIJS said:

I renewed my Subscription in 6/2017 but when I bought JT2017 Tour tickets my code didn't work. So I bought a (unknown to me until searching for tickets) ticket Bundle on TM (day 2 of pre-sale) that included GA tickets + U2.com Subscription. It was another $50 on top of the renewal I had paid for a few days before.

1) Can I redeem that TM U2.com Membership redemption code to extend my subscription in order to receive IETour codes?

2) As others have asked, where is our membership expiration listed? I don't see it anywhere in my profile.

3) What's the point of purchasing/renewing U2.com membership in advance if one can simply buy-in to the pre-sale through TM on the day of pre-sale?

1)That should work

2)Being worked on

3)will still be 2 subscriber groups, experience (who get first shout at tickets, and newer innocence group, 2nd shout

Just now, czhr10 said:

Same question here, I am living in the Netherlands, Europe, so i cannot register at a north american ticketmaster account, just at a Dutch one , so how will that work ?

open a US TM account, belt & braces

34 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

disagree. Being handle well. Very busy, as one would imagine. Always been 2 tix per subs for stadium tours.