bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

I've been a subscriber since the Propaganda days. My husband and family and I probably have spent$1,000 or more in membership fees over the year.s.

Yet we are "Correction" shut out of the eXperience group. 

Hugely disappointing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

... Do you honestly think Bono and the Edge and Larry and Adam are sitting at the controls of all of this?  It is the promoters.

Of course not. But they have signed contracts with Live Nation that will make generations of their families very wealthy (not one thing wrong with that, BTW.) To suggest they have no role in this is, I think, letting them off a bit easy. 

And agreed 100% about the Mods - they have been awesome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am in the Experience group, got the email saying i wasn't confirmed for the presale today. Submitted my info to the Mods and got a code, and a GA for San Jose. Thank you U2 gods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got kickt out within seconds on the presale for GA's in Vegas

Denied my credit card as a reason ...

Tried for behind the stage and got 1 ..

First time ever that i Can't use my U2 fan club code to score GA's(benn apaid subscriber since propaganda)

This is indeed a very sad day for U2 fans..

Won't re-up my subsciption next Year ...

Will get tickets on secondary market I guess...

Thanks U2 ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bigwave said:

can you resend?

I resent it.  No one has opened any of my PM's though.  I appreciate anything you can do to help.  I'm sure you're all very busy because I know a lot of us are stuck here.  Could you just let me know if you got my PM or not?  Please?  Thanks so much for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got lucky scored two for the Boston show. 

For TJT I had better luck with my phone, this time better luck on my PC. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi bigwave thanks for adding me to the cs database for review but still haven't heard anything or got a code yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I do not want to argue but the promoters set these policies, not the band.  These mods have been working overnight.  I know because I was on here at four in the morning and the mods were answering me.  They were as gracious as it gets.  The band does not sell tickets; the promoters and ticket vendors do.  It is their screw up and the band has little, if anything, to do with it.  Do you honestly think Bono and the Edge and Larry and Adam are sitting at the controls of all of this?  It is the promoters.

A large part of the problem is the Ticketmaster/Livenation monopoly. Don't get me started on that one. Suffice it to say that TM controls ticket distribution at most major venues in North America. Their servers. Their screwups. And they have no incentive to improve customer service - regardless of how you define customer (ticket buyer or performing artist).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vickiandchris said:

I've been a subscriber since the Propaganda days. My husband and family and I probably have spent$1,000 or more in membership fees over the year.s.

Yet we are "Correction" shut out of the eXperience group. 

Hugely disappointing.

 

Same here.  This is so dissappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just PM'd you Bigwave issues on missing code for experience pre-sale - thank you and all MODS for all the support you provide in these trying times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I do not want to argue but the promoters set these policies, not the band.  These mods have been working overnight.  I know because I was on here at four in the morning and the mods were answering me.  They were as gracious as it gets.  The band does not sell tickets; the promoters and ticket vendors do.  It is their screw up and the band has little, if anything, to do with it.  Do you honestly think Bono and the Edge and Larry and Adam are sitting at the controls of all of this?  It is the promoters.

 

Tell that to Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen and others..  They purposely keep ticket prices reasonable and don't partake in all these VIP package and platinum gimmicks, which are really just promoter/band scalped tickets.  U2 could have done the same thing, but chose not to.  They wanted to get paid, and did.  Nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but don't act like they were oblivious to how their tours would be priced and promoted, because they weren't.  It's all about the $$$$$$

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, u2diehardperez said:

How much is Red Zone? thanks, gonna try for the Forum in L.A. tomorrow

I paid $395 each for two (need 3, but whatever) It's also RZ1 and we wanted RZ2 (really, not complaining!)  I wonder if they'll let us go back and forth????

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chrissy1967 said:

Got lucky scored two for the Boston show. 

For TJT I had better luck with my phone, this time better luck on my PC. 

 

Good to know. I was going to try phone again after TJT...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, in my experience with RZ1 and RZ2 - they do not let you go back and forth, but you can access into GA (or so I was able to) if you want a better rail and can run fast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bgans said:

A large part of the problem is the Ticketmaster/Livenation monopoly. Don't get me started on that one. Suffice it to say that TM controls ticket distribution at most major venues in North America. Their servers. Their screwups. And they have no incentive to improve customer service - regardless of how you define customer (ticket buyer or performing artist).

I concur.  It is why Pearl Jam cancelled their whole 1994 Vitology tour...to boycott TM's monopoly.  Luckily, PJ honored the dates in Milwaukee, where I live, for Summerfest.  It is a huge music festival.  I got to go both nights.  Tickets were $18.  I think the service charges I just paid for today's presale were equal to what I paid for those tickets.  I love the band, Dawes.  I've seen them 16 times this tour alone.  For the last show, the service charges were $2.64 and the ticket was $30.  They use a separate ticket broker and not TM.  The problem is how does a band as big as U2 not use TM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fierygirl said:

I paid $395 each for two (need 3, but whatever) It's also RZ1 and we wanted RZ2 (really, not complaining!)  I wonder if they'll let us go back and forth????

We did RedZone for TJT ...best money spent. You can go in and out of the RedZone area. At Gillette they had a beer stand in the Red zone, lots of room to move around. 

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fierygirl said:

I paid $395 each for two (need 3, but whatever) It's also RZ1 and we wanted RZ2 (really, not complaining!)  I wonder if they'll let us go back and forth????

Man, that’s a lot of dough for not-so-great tickets!  You could buy regular GA and get there when doors open and probably get a better spot. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vickiandchris said:

I've been a subscriber since the Propaganda days. My husband and family and I probably have spent$1,000 or more in membership fees over the year.s.

Yet we are "Correction" shut out of the eXperience group. 

Hugely disappointing.

 

Me too. So very disappointed by this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chrissy1967 said:

The Boston Garden still showing seats available for eXperience codes on Ticketmaster 

UN eXperience (2).jpg

What a F-ing Joke!!!.  So many tickets left but I can't get a code.  So pissed off I can't even see straight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lmnoiu said:

 

Tell that to Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen and others..  They purposely keep ticket prices reasonable and don't partake in all these VIP package and platinum gimmicks, which are really just promoter/band scalped tickets.  U2 could have done the same thing, but chose not to.  They wanted to get paid, and did.  Nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but don't act like they were oblivious to how their tours would be priced and promoted, because they weren't.  It's all about the $$$$$$

Talk to the people, like me, who got completely shut out of Springsteen on Broadway and the Harry Potter Play. Yes, the band sets the broad range/cap on ticket prices, and given the size/spectacle aspect to U2 shows, their ticket prices will be much higher than the stripped down set of a Springsteen show, simply to cover their much higher production costs. And yes, absolutely, there is also a profit motive in there, too.

The debacle that is TicketMaster's Verified Fan system is entirely on TM. Their secret sauce for determining who gets access to purchase tickets is a disaster. U2 should not have signed on to that, after seeing the hash they made out of the Springsteen on Broadway sale and the Harry Potter Play sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful selection of tickets for Vegas considering the price of the tickets. Four large sections adjacent to the stage seem to held back or were unavailable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

What a F-ing Joke!!!.  So many tickets left but I can't get a code.  So pissed off I can't even see straight

So, I wonder if this is for today and they have a different alottment for tomorrow. Is the blue the available seats, or the grey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.