Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

2 hours ago, bgans said:

So. Did I just buy a $40 lottery ticket? Or will I actually get a presale code?

yes you will get a code

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballardmama said:

I’m unclear on Dan presale/Citi presale.  I verified/linked my u2.com fan club account today and see the green box saying I’m all set on my account page. So I plan/hope to get my 2 tickets during the presale. 

If if I have a Citibank card, can I also participate in that separate presale? I remember on the last tour that you could only get a certain # of presale tickets total and if you tried to get more your tickets would be cancelled. But is participating in the U2 fan club presale (2 tix) AND the Citibank (2 more  tix) presale allowed? They are two different presales but are all run through Ticketmaster so I don’t want to go over any maximum limit and get my tickets cancelled. I’m trying to follow the rules and don’t want anything cancelled. Thanks for the clarification. 

awaiting an answer from above for that info...

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

EDIt  The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017  That is my listed selected gift.  is that "2018" too?

2018 gift will be announce in.. early 2018

36 minutes ago, sbeck said:

OK jsust talked to them.  They gave me in the "RedHill group" which will get rebranded Experienced.  I asked the guy about well I didn't have a 2018 gift to pick from but I show setup complete.  He really didn't have an answer but said my account was good to go.  So I think if you reupped post last tour in prep for this one we knew was coming, I don't think we have an issue. 

If you get to setup complete you are good.  This verified fan, if you have that from u2.com site, you are good for the general sale as well.  I never did anything with verified fan via TM.  Did anyone.  I think they have their own reg page, but I don't know.  EDIT.  he did say they hope to have the new lingo for the group names displaying online via your account tomorrow.  And like we could tell, we will get the presale code via text.

nice one for sharing √

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

2018 gift will be announce in.. early 2018

Oh ok, so there isn't even somewhere to go to even PICK a 2018 gift choice at this time?  Thus if you reup today, which many are, they are also having to select the 4 (record) singles?

3 minutes ago, monica martino said:

@bigwave there's no way to drop the zero, it's included automatically by the system 

when setting up, add your country code symbol, and drop '0' etc, like image example number, (then when verified it will show the '0' automatically')

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 01.12.58.png

At work I couldn’t get past the $40 renewal I had in my cart.  Got system maintenance.  Now I’m home and it says “setup complete” in green and my subscription end date is still March 2018.   No renew option.   Now what?  :unsure:

Highly likely that more dates will be added. But those would have another presale so you would probably be able to do all this later. 

47 minutes ago, sbeck said:

Oh ok, so there isn't even somewhere to go to even PICK a 2018 gift choice at this time?  Thus if you reup today, which many are, they are also having to select the 4 (record) singles?

When you go in to renew, it gives you two renewal options to choose from. The first is the yet announced 2018 gift or the JT vinyl collection. 

I know this is an early announcement, but I can't imagine U2 not playing a Toronto date, or Ottawa or a Montreal weekend date...Toronto is closest, I am willing to drive a bit but I know work won't fit the only Canadian date :(

any

idea if more dates are to come?

These are the only dates that we know right now. 

2 minutes ago, grahammstuart said:

I know this is an early announcement, but I can't imagine U2 not playing a Toronto date, or Ottawa or a Montreal weekend date...Toronto is closest, I am willing to drive a bit but I know work won't fit the only Canadian date :(

any

idea if more dates are to come?

I can't imagine that the dates listed are all they will be playing on this tour. I can't remember the last time they only played MSG for one night. In 2015, they played 8 nights at the Garden. It may not be as many this time, since they are also appearing at Nassau Coliseum and the Pru, but this can't be the full list. My guess is that they are still nailing down some dates, but wanted the tour announcement out with the "official" album release date.

This may help in understanding the differences in presales. I have had similar Verified experiences with some posting here- got standby for last 2 shows I tried to register for and got no codes. I get that it helps deter scalping but it also makes Live Nation and in turn TM a monopoly which uses algorithms to choose who gets a chance to purchase a ticket and who doesn’t. The following indicates that you can partipate in all 3 presales. Codes will be lottery for 2 of them.   Subs  will be guaranteed a code based on seniority. Secondary markets will make a killing for those wanting more than one show.  Nice solution right. Buy Live Nation stock- they will rule the entertainemnt industry going forward.

http://insider.ticketmaster.com/u2-experience-innocence-tour-2018-verifiedfan/

Edited by nitz1
Error

19 minutes ago, mich40 said:

When you go in to renew, it gives you two renewal options to choose from. The first is the yet announced 2018 gift or the JT vinyl collection. 

yeah thanks when I re-upped Sunday night in prep for tour announcement it wasn't/isn't there, and still isn't listed for me, and I dont expect it to be.

I'm curious about a couple of things...I scrolled through several pages and did not see these questions so asking...

1) I notice my membership date is off by about 5 years (should be 2004 but is 2009)...seems like there was something about this when they changed their system years ago but wondering if I should contact them

2) With this new system, do we lose our seniority from years past? I have been trying to subscribe all day (was to expire March '18) and kept getting Gateway error messages but finally was able to get my accounts verified...just wondering about the seniority that I had and if now I'm behind newbies that might have been able to be verified earlier today.

Thanks, can't wait to see them in my hometown without the travel I've had to do of tours past. :) 

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?

8 minutes ago, nitz1 said:

This may help in understanding the differences in presales. I have had similar Verified experiences with some posting here- got standby for last 2 shows I tried to register for and got no codes. I get that it helps deter scalping but it also makes Live Nation and in turn TM a monopoly which uses algorithms to choose who gets a chance to purchase a ticket and who doesn’t. The following indicates that you can partipate in all 3 presales. Codes will be lottery for 2. Secondary markets will make a killing for those wanting more than one show.  Nice solution right. Buy Live Nation stock- they will rule the entertainemnt industry going forward.

http://insider.ticketmaster.com/u2-experience-innocence-tour-2018-verifiedfan/

So for every show you want to try to go to, you have to reg for it.  Does that include the fan presale? 

I think it is

• fan presale you get a code for any show, 2 tix
  • Citi presale, you register (apply to lotto) per show u want to TRY to get a code for
  • GENERAL SALE - do you have to register (apply to lotto) for each one there too?
Edited by sbeck

holy cow, my account just went to setup incomplete.  select a 2018.  no freaking way am I paying again.  Should I fight the credit card charge and then just do it again?

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?

Yes, you may split it for 1 ticket for two shows, for 2 tickets total. My apologizes, I should have been more clear. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sbeck said:

So for every show you want to try to go to, you have to reg for it.  Does that include the fan presale? 

I think it is

• fan presale you get a code for any show, 2 tix
  • Citi presale, you reg per show u want to TRY to get a code for
  • GENERAL SALE - do you have to register for each one there too?

In my past experience I could only register for one show in the generals sales -the registration asks you to choose one- that code will only work when you try to buy tix for that show - so I am not sure about registering multiple times good question

10 minutes ago, sbeck said:

yeah thanks when I re-upped Sunday night in prep for tour announcement it wasn't/isn't there, and still isn't listed for me, and I dont expect it to be.

You may want to contact Customer Service (maybe not today or tomorrow because it’s quite busy), to make sure you get the right gift that you want. 

3 minutes ago, sbeck said:

holy cow, my account just went to setup incomplete.  select a 2018.  no freaking way am I paying again.  Should I fight the credit card charge and then just do it again?

They are currently working on things. Give it some time for the kinks to get ironed out. 

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

You may want to contact Customer Service (maybe not today or tomorrow because it’s quite busy), to make sure you get the right gift that you want. 

I don't care as much about the gift as much as the  setup is complete to try for a show.  Man I miss the paper Propaganda days when you picked 2 shows and hoped your alt show wasn't given to you. :)

So should I cancel the CC, I already talked to them and they said good to go.  now hours later something upstream of me changed my config.

Kevin did yours change as well?  I went from green font setup complete, to incomplete, hey you just paid your $40 too soon, pay us again. Mods can you help?